30th June 2011, 03:18 PM
prem.baron

Procedure to become a Customs Officer?

what is the Procedure to become a customs officer? Please tell me the complete procedure

6th July 2011, 12:21 AM
akhilesh16071991
Senior Member++

Default Re: Procedure to become a Customs Officer?

Dear friend,

Procedure to become a Custom officer is:

*Must be graduate from any recognised university.
*your minimum aggregate should be 50% in your graduation.
*you have to give civil service exam conducted by UPSC(only graduate candidate can give these exam).
*your training will be in chennai(mostly) ,may change according to you performance in UPSC exam and Personal interveiw.
22nd August 2011, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed Diploma Mechanical Engineering & B.E.Aeronautical with First class marks. If there any jobs for me? what procedure i want to follow?
21st December 2011, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

sir, i'm doing my BE in electronics and instrumentation(E&I) prefinal year i'm very much intrested in this field, so related to my dept what kind of job i will get.
28th December 2011, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i finished my degree BA-Sociology with ncc 'c' certificate and well athletic person. can u help how to become a costoms officer .
6th January 2012, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

sir i finished my degree BA-eco/socio with nss certificate. can u help how to become a custom officer
6th January 2012, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed B.tech computer science nd seeking job in customs so pls let me know the exact procedure to get in nd also pls guide me to get a perfect job in airport which suits my qualification... just drop ur mail in [email protected]
8th January 2012, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

sir i am doing my BE in electrical& electronics(eee) so what kind of job i will get regarding to my branch
12th January 2012, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed my graduation B.A. ECO/ENG/POL.SC./SOCIOLIGY.... what should i do to become a CUSTOM OFFICER
5th August 2012, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

Sir.
Am Kingsley Nkwor Am with my national diploma result (ND). I Study accounting I love custom job so much PLEASE tell me what nest to do, here are my contacts: [email protected] or 08065358619 thank's
5th August 2012, 10:41 PM
vishwasourabh

Thumbs up Re: Procedure to become a Customs Officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir.
Am Kingsley Nkwor Am with my national diploma result (ND). I Study accounting I love custom job so much PLEASE tell me what nest to do, here are my contacts: [email protected] or 08065358619 thank's
[SIZE=4][SIZE=4]qualification to become a Customs Officer;[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]You must have at least graduation degree in order to become Customs Officer with the age limit of 21-30 yr

[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]procedure For Customs Officer[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]You have to apply for UPSC Civil service Examination

Part I. Civil service Prelim Examination

Part II. Civil service Main Examination

Prelim examination also known as ' UPSC CSAT '

[/SIZE][SIZE=5]already the exam completed for [/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]Customs Officer[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Exam Pattern
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Papers I:

General Awareness

Paper II:

Decision making skills

Comprehension skills

Logical Reasoning skills

Numerical aptitude

Data interpretation

English Language Comprehension skills

Problem solving skills

Communication skills

Mental ability

Analytical ability

[/SIZE]
[FONT=Arial]Scheme of[/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial]CS (Preliminary) Examination
The Preliminary Examination consists of two papers of objective type (multiple-choice questions) carrying a maximum of 400 marks.
The Question Papers (Test Booklets) are set in English & Hindi
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]General Studies Paper - I[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]200 Marks[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]General Studies Paper - II[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]200 Marks[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Scheme - CS (Main)
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Paper-I[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]One of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidate from the 18 languages included in the VIIIth Schedule to the Constitution (Qualifying Paper)[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]300 Marks[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Paper-II[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]English (Qualifying Paper)[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]300 Marks[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Paper-III[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Essay[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Papers IV & V[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]General Studies (300 Marks for each paper)[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]600 Marks[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Papers VI, VII, VIII & IX[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Any two subjects (each having 2 papers) to be selected from the prescribed optional subjects (300 marks for each paper)[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]1200 Marks[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
Total Marks for Written Examination
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
 [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]2000 Marks[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
Interview Test
 [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]300 Marks[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]
Grand Total
 [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]2300 Marks[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]List of Optional Subjects - CS (Main) - (Total 25)
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Agriculture[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Management[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Mathematics[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Anthropology[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Mechanical Engineering[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Botany[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Medical Science[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Chemistry[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Philosophy[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Civil Engineering[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Physics[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Commerce & Accountancy[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Political Science & International Relations[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Economics[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Psychology[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Electrical Engineering[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Public Administration[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Geography[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Sociology[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Geology[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Statistics[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Indian History[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Zoology[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Law[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] 

List of Optional Subjects (Literature) - CS (Main) - (Total 26)
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Arabic[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Gujarati[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Manipuri[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Sanskrit[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Assamese[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Hindi[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Nepali[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Sindhi[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Bengali[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Kannada[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Oriya[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Tamil[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Chinese[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Kashmiri[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Pali[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Telugu[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]English[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Konkani[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Persian[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Urdu[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]French [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Marathi[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Punjabi[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
 [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]German[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Malayalam[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Russian[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

BOOKS TO REFER FOR THE EXAM:

1)50 Years of Supreme Court On Central Excise and Customs
R.K. Jain

2)Circulars On Excise and Customs
R.K. Jain

WWW.UPSC.GOV.IN

ALL THE BEST,,....
5th August 2012, 10:59 PM
siddjain93

Quote:
Originally Posted by prem.baron View Post
what is the Procedure to become a customs officer? Please tell me the complete procedure

Educational Qualifications to become a Customer Officer-

--> You should have completed graduation from any recognised university with 60% marks in any stream.

Age limits: The age limit for the customs officer is 21-28 years. Some relaxation is there for OBC , SC , And ST category students.

This Customs officer exam is conducted by "UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION " once in a year.

How to Become Customer Officer-

In order to become a Customs Officer you will need to appear in the Civil Services Examination which provides entry into 27 different services including the Indian Customs & Central Excise Services . Customs Department is one of the two main tax collecting departments of the government whose function is divided into two broad areas:

The control of imported and exported goods for the purpose of duty, statistics and checks for entry of prohibited and restricted goods, especially smuggled drugs.

The administration and collection of most of the taxes on consumer expenditure (indirect taxes) levied in the country.

The Civil Services Exam is conducted in two parts -

Preliminary
Main Exam.

Exam Pattern

Papers I:

General Awareness

Paper II:

Decision making skills

Comprehension skills

Logical Reasoning skills

Numerical aptitude

Data interpretation

English Language Comprehension skills

Problem solving skills

Communication skills

Mental ability

Analytical ability
11th April 2013, 02:37 PM
pokeman

hi,,,,

Procedure to become a Customs Officer-----------------

>>>you have to give civil service exam conducted by UPSC(only graduate candidate can give these exam).

>>>Must be graduate from any recognised university.

>>>your training will be in chennai(mostly) ,may change according to you performance in UPSC exam and Personal interveiw.

>>>your minimum aggregate should be 50% in your graduation.

Age limits:

>>> The age limit for the customs officer is 21-28 years. Some relaxation is there for OBC , SC , And ST category students.

best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!
8th May 2013, 07:48 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by prem.baron View Post
In order to become a custom officer you will have to apply for SSC UDC Exam.This exam is conducted once in a year.The Exam notification basically comes in the month of March and Exam is taken in the month of July.

For appearing in this exam,you will require to meet these Eligibility :-

Educational qualification :-
~You should have a Graduation degree in any stream from recognized university.
~If you have open university degree then your degree should be approved from the DEC(Distance Educational Council).

~Your minimum age should be 18 years.
~Your age should not be above 27 years.

Marks :-
~Your minimum marks in Graduation should be 50%.

Exam Pattern :-
~Preliminary Exam - Objective Type.
~Mains Exam - Written Type.

Preliminary Exam :-
~This exam will include questions from 4 sections.
~These sections are :- Reasoning,English Grammar,Quantitative Aptitude and General Knowledge.
~Each section will include 25 questions.
~Total number of questions will be 100.
~Total duration of this exam will be 2 hours.

Mains Exam :-
~This exam will include questions from 2 sections.
~Each sections will be of 200 marks.
~Each sections will be of 2 hours.
~Each sections will include 100 questions.
~These sections will be :- English Grammar and Quantitative Aptitude.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?