23rd October 2017, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to become a fashion designer after completing my B.Sc MPCS?

I am studying B.Sc (MPCS), I want to become a fashion designer but I don't know how to join the course and any entrance exam on their or not and I want to know the fee details. Can someone please provide me with the details soon? Thanks!

25th October 2017, 12:33 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become a fashion designer after completing my B.Sc MPCS?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue master in fashion designing course after completing your bachelor degree.

NIFT conducts entrance test for admission in NIFT institutes. The eligibility to appear in entrance examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

There is no age limit to appear in examination.

The fee structure varies with institutes. So, to get more detail about entrance examination visit at www.nift.ac.in.

Some of the other institutes for pursuing the course is :- Symbiosis, Amity etc.

25th October 2017, 01:35 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become a fashion designer after completing my B.Sc MPCS?

Yes, you can become fashion designer. To become fashion designer after bachelor degree you have to pursue master degree in designing course.

The eligibility to get admission in master in designing course is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

There is no age limit to get admission ( in most of the institutes ).

The required aggregate to appear in examination varies with institutes. The admission is conducted through entrance examination.

So, to get details about examination pattern and syllabus visit at official website of respective university in which you want to get admission.

25th October 2017, 11:39 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

As you have done B.SC MPCS (Math’s, Physics, Computer science) and now want to become fashion designer, then post graduate diploma in fashion designing is best option for you to join fashion designing field. Here below are details regarding PG diploma in fashion designing course:-
[*] To apply for post graduate diploma in fashion designing minimum qualification required to apply is bachelors degree from government recognized institute with minimum 50% marks obtained.
[*] To get admission in some of reputed institutes offer PG diploma in fashion designing you must have to appear in entrance exam, which is based on subjects like English, General knowledge, General ability.
[*] Duration of post graduate diploma course in fashion designing is 2 years and major subjects to be studied are like Advanced pattern making and construction details, Technical fashion sketching, World fashion history, Fabric types to drapes, Creative pattern design and construction, Communication technology for fashion design and management, Care for clothing and textile etc.
[*] Fee structure for post graduate diploma in fashion designing is approx Rs:- 90,000/- for whole course.
[*] After having post graduate diploma in fashion designing you can join fashion designing field as Fashion stylist, Fashion coordinator, Fashion consultant, Colorist, Fashion photographer, Costume designer, Visual merchandiser etc.

25th October 2017, 01:58 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Fashion designing has different level courses like certification courses, diploma courses, graduation and masters level courses. You can join in any course because you are eligible for all level courses. You can choose any course based on your interest and the duration of the course you wanted to study it varies.

It is better if you go for masters education in fashion designing in any famous institution like NIFT, LPU, Pearl academy, Symbiosis institute of designing and etc., or you can do diploma course in fashion designing. Any of these courses will help you to have a good career in designing.

The admission process varies based on the institution.
In NIFT the admissions are given based on the merit performance in the test. The NIFT conducts their own entrance exam. If you clear the exam you’ll be forwarded to another rounds like group discussion and a personal interview. If you qualify in all the rounds you can get admission in the college.
The application forms will be available in the college.

So, based on the university the admission process may vary. Few universities give direct admission and few conduct entrance exams.

25th October 2017, 11:28 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become a fashion designer you have to appear and qualify in entrance examination conducted by various institutes.

The eligibility to get admission in master in fashion designing course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

There is no age limit to appear in examination for admission in most of the institutes.

So, for detail information about examination visit at official website of respective institute. Some of the premier institute for fashion designing course is :-

Symbiosis, Pune.

NIFT.

Amity University Noida.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?