1st March 2018, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

What course should I pursue to become a Fashion Designer after completing 10th?

I am in 10th standard. I am good in Dance, Skating, Drawing and Swimming. I am also interested in singing. I want to become a Fashion Designer. What I have to do after 10 for become this. So, tell me about the course.

9th March 2018, 05:58 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What course should I pursue to become a Fashion Designer after completing 10th?

You do not have sufficient qualification to appear for admission in fashion designing course.

The required qualification to appear for the entrance examination to get admission in fashion designing course is that candidate must have passed 12th or equivalent course.

Candidates after 12th will become eligible for admission in B.Des, B.F.Tech ( 12th with PCM ).

Some of the institute offering the course is:
NIFT.
Symbiosis.
Amity.
9th March 2018, 06:10 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What course should I pursue to become a Fashion Designer after completing 10th?

In order to become a Fashion Designer, there are several procedural steps to be followed. After successful completion of 10th Class, you may pursue any of the below mentioned courses.

<> Diploma in Jewellery Design
<> Diploma in Fashion Technology
<> Diploma in Textile Design
<> Diploma in Fashion Design
<> Diploma in Fashion Photography
<> Diploma in Apparel Design..etc.,

Or else, you may also do certificate courses and some of the streams are Jewellery Design, Leather Design, Footwear Design, Fashion Design, Accessory Design, Textile Design..etc.,

But I can say that you wont find good career opportunists in this field after completion of the Diploma/ certificate courses. On the other side, you may find good career as well as job opportunities after completion of 12th Class. Hence, I would strongly suggest you to pursue 11th and 12th classes after 10th and then suggest you to pursue Bachelor of Fashion technology (BFT), Bachelor of Design like courses.

Some of the top fashion designing colleges may include,
* National Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi
* NIFT Mumbai
* NIFT Hyderabad..etc.,
9th March 2018, 07:06 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

In order to become a Fashion Designer, you must have to complete your class 12th examination in any discipline from a recognized Board with a minimum of 45% of marks in it.
After completing class 12th examination, you can then opt for Bachelors degree course in Fashion Designing.
After successfully completing the said course, you can become a Fashion Designer.
9th March 2018, 11:38 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to get admission in diploma or bachelor course in fashion design course is that:-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

So, you are not eligible to appear for entrance examination to get admission after 10th.

You can appear for entrance examination conducted by various institutes to get admission in the course.
10th March 2018, 08:26 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue Bachelor of Fashion Designing course from top institutes like National Institute of Fashion Technology to become Fashion Designer.

Students of different streams of senior secondary board are eligible to apply for the NIFT entrance exam. You should first do 12th then in appear year, apply for NIFT examination. You can prepare within these two years and clear exam in first attempt.

The name of course is Bachelor of Design.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?