23rd August 2017, 02:43 PM
indrajit_bhowmik

Procedure to change mode of payment for semester fees from Bank Loan?

Dear Sir, My son Tathagata Bhowmik has been sanctioned a Loan of Rs 7.5 Lacs from SBI Jalpaiguri (Main Branch) for studying B. Tech Marine Engineering from MANET Pune. I have already paid an amount of Rs 2.1 Lacs for his Admission including 1st Semester fees. The 2nd Semester fees to the tune of Rs1.27 Lacs has been paid up by bank from his sanctioned loan. The 3rd Semester fees comes to the tune of Rs 1.48 Lacs. Now the bank says that you have to make part payment of this amount to release this 3rd Semester fees. Total course fees is around 12.00 Lacs. I wish that I should pay after the loan amount i.e Rs 7.5 Lacs is exhausted. What should be the procedure? Kindly let me know the exact procedure and rules for the above.

With regards,
Yours Sincerely,
Indrajit Bhowmik

Related Questions:
  1. Bank loan for further studies after BA (distance course)? Bank interest rate and procedure of loan?
  2. How to register online for Ph.D. course of IITM?
  3. Procedure to get admission in foreign countries to study MBBS course? Total fees and mode of payment?
  4. Information about offline mode of fees payment for IISC entrance exam?
  5. Which bank can sanction education loan for CA course including Hostel and Tuition fees?
  6. What is the fee requirement for B.Tech, B.E course in electronics and telecommunication?
  7. Disbursement procedure of Indian Overseas Bank Education Loan?
  8. How much loan amount is allotted as per the tuition fees? Providing securities for that amount is neessary?
  9. Can i get education loan even after failing in Ist semester?
  10. What is Pre-Payment Penalty in a Bank Education Loan scheme?
  11. What fee have to be deposited after selection in B.Tech? Will bank pay loan for semester wise fees?
  12. Is education loan possible for expenses other than tuition fees? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I get Education Loan if opened account in Allahabad Bank 4 months ago? -- [New]
  14. Education loan is possible after completing 1st semester backlog in 2nd semester of
  15. Course duration and correct present fees structure details of ICWAI? Which bank can finance and how much? Can I get another bank loan if pursuing B.Com through loan only?
  16. After getting a seat in IIM can I get any scholarship? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can I get increased amount if my college fee is increased having sanctioned Education Loan of Rs. 3.6 Lacs from State Bank of Patiala?
  18. Can I get Bank Education Loan if pursuing B.E. 1st semester?
15th October 2017, 02:22 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to change mode of payment for semester fees from Bank Loan?

No, there is a norm when required amount of loan per semester to be paid to college is above sanction strength then you need to pay the extra amount. You can not ask bank to exhaust your sanctioned limit for whole fee.

Bank will sanction a specified amount as per rules and you need to pay the extra amount every semester or year for Demand Draft to be made in name of college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?