22nd April 2016, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

What is Pre-Payment Penalty in a Bank Education Loan scheme?

Hello Friends,
I have applied for an Education Loan from Bank of India. I want to study MBA course and getting in in Hotel Management specialization. But as I have applied an Education Loan, I doesn't understand the pre payment penalty of Education Loan. Will you please tell me what kind of penalty it it?

Related Questions:
  1. How Education Loan scheme works? Any bank provides cash payment to students or it is done directly to institute?
  2. Detailed information about subsidy scheme of Bank Education Loan?
  3. Bank Education Loan scheme to study MD in UK?
  4. Education Loan scheme of Allahabad Bank to study MS in Germany?
  5. Education Loan scheme of Bank of Baroda to study B.Tech course?
  6. Bank Education Loan scheme of SBI, Bank of India and Bank of Baroda to study MBBS course of Rs. 350000 p.a. fee expense?
  7. Education Loan scheme for a candidate whose father's Income is Rs. 3.46 Lacs per annum?
  8. Bank Education loan scheme to study Aeronautical Engineering in Abroad?
  9. What is the Education loan scheme of ICICI Bank for further studies in abroad?
  10. How to get education loan? From which bank at lowest interest? Minimum salary of parents required for loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. What kind of features are available in an Education Loan scheme to study Post Graduation in Abroad? Is it possible to pay education loan amount after completion of education?
  12. Detailed information about Union Bank Education Loan scheme to study B.Tech? How much extra percentage they charge for Education Loan?
  13. What is the Bank Education Loan scheme to study B.Pharmacy?
  14. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan?
  15. Detailed information about Margin and Repayment of Loan terms available in Bank Education Loan scheme?
  16. Rate of Interest scheme against Bank Education Loan to study BDS? Process of recovery?
  17. Details of Bank Education Loan to study B.Tech course?
  18. Eligibility for CSIS scheme when already taken education loan from SBI bank and have an outstanding of Rs. 90,000? Benefits of CSIS scheme?
26th April 2016, 10:33 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is Pre-Payment Penalty in a Bank Education Loan scheme?

There is nothing like pre-penalty in education loan scheme. The amount which has been charged as pre- penalty is the security margin which you need to pay at the time of every loan installment disbursement. This is one of the compulsory clause in education loan scheme. For example, if a loan between 4.5-7.5 lakhs is taken, you need to pay 15% as security margin deposit. So if you want loan installment of 1 lakh, then you need to pay 15,000 as security margin deposit and bank will pay rest 85,000.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?