13th September 2012, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to get admission for Medicine after completion of 10th Class?

can i get admission in medical college after 10th passed.if yes then what is the procedure please give me the detail

13th September 2012, 07:09 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get admission for Medicine after completion of 10th Class?

I am afraid it isn't possible to get admission in medical college after completing 10th. You need minimum qualification of 12th with Biology as one of the subjects if you wish to pursue MBBS.

There is no other way to get admission for MBBS in India. Once you have completed the 12th standard, you would require to appear in entrance exams for the MBBS course. Only based on your performance in the entrance exam, you would be able tos secure admission in medical college.

Therefore I would recommend to continue with your studies and complete 12th standard. In the meanwhile you should also start preparing for the medical entrance exam as the competition is very tough and only few candidates manages to crack the exam.

There used to be several medical entrance exams like:

AIPMT

AFMC Entrance Exam

DUMET

JIPMER

However all these exams would be replaced by a single entrance exam from next year onwards. Regardless of fact that you are applying for private or government college, the admission would be done through the new entrance exam called NEET.

National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (Neet) would be conducted from next year onwards for candidates who want admission for MBBS or BDS course. This has been verified by the Medical Council of India. This exam would take place for the first time on May 5, 2013. The eligibility criteria and other details are being awaited. However it is believed that eligiblity would be same as for the AIPMT exam but nobody has verified it yet.

You should start following the news related to the NEET entrance exam and from next year start preparing for it. Since more than 5 million students are expected to appear for NEET exam, you should expect a tough competition.

The only other medical entrance exam you would be able to apply is gonna be AIIMS Entrance Exam. Since AIIMS was established with different laws, it would require a parliament amendment before AIIMS would accept the NEET as the entrance exam to give admission.
13th September 2012, 07:25 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure to get admission for Medicine after completion of 10th Class?

After passing the 10th class you can apply for the medical courses. There are lots of short terms courses in which you can get enroll and can do this course from any reputed institute. To get admission in these courses you have to give the exam but in some cases the admission is also based on the percentage of 10th class. So first select the institute from where you want to do the course and then ask for the selection procedure.
1st April 2013, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

WILL I GET ADMISSION IN GOVERNMENT DIPLOMA COLLEGES OF ENGINEERING IN TAMIL NADU ON THE BASIS OF 10TH AFTER COMPLETION OF 12TH? I HAVE SCORED 85.5% IN 10TH?
2nd June 2013, 05:46 PM

Procedure to get admission for Medicine after completion of bsc biotechnology?
24th August 2013, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

i want to become as a docter i am in 10th class what the requirment to take medical science
19th March 2014, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

i wanna become doctor ,,,at present i am in 10th,what is the correct procedure to learn mbbs
22nd May 2015, 04:03 AM
Unregistered

Can i get admission on the basis of 10th std for becoming Neurosurgeon?
20th September 2015, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

I am 12compartment student from medical side can you offer me courses which I can do
28th April 2016, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

How can I get admission in MBBS after 10th exam, Now I am in Class IX. Please tell me correct way.
regards.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?