20th December 2011, 09:18 PM
Irfan khan7

Qualifications required to apply for Deck Officer? What is the fee structure? Percentage limit for 12th exam? When is the entrance exam?

What is the qualifaction to apply for deck officer & its fees . What is the percentage limite in 12th exam also when will be the entrance exam .

Related Questions:
  1. What is the percentage required for Bsc Biotechnology course? What is the fee structure?
  2. How to beome an IAS officer? what is the qualification required? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can a person having eye power of 1.5 and 0.75 become a deck officer in merchant navy? Educational qualifications for deck officer?
  4. Which entrance exam to answer and what are the qualifications required for becoming an Aeronautical Engineer? What is the fee structure?
  5. Percentage required and fee structure for admission in NID? Shifting to CBSE board from State board is beneficial for that?
  6. Percentage required in 12th non medical to apply for commercial pilot? What is the fee structure?
  7. What is the required percentage in 12th class for medical entrance exam? I have completed 12th class by PMC
  8. Should I apply for ITI entrance exam? What;s the fee structure of this course? I have done 10th and 12th through Bihar board
  9. How to become an officer in RR? Qualifications required and the age limit?
  10. Can I apply for customer officer after doing BSc in Hotel Management? Qualifications required and exams to be answered?
  11. How to join Merchant Navy after doing 10th with 75% marks
  12. Requirements to pursue diploma in Nursing? -- [New]
  13. Am i eligible for DSC in AP state after completing B.Ed in Bidar from Karnataka?
  14. Eligibility criteria for B.Ed? How much percentage is required at the graduation level? Date of the entrance exam and from where to get the forms?
  15. Eligibility criteria and fee structure of ISI 2015 MStat entrance exam?
  16. Fee structure and minimum percentage required in 12th to get admission in Bachelor of Hotel Management? Is there any entrance exam for admission?
  17. Qualifications required to become an IPS officer? What is the exam fees and when is the exam?
  18. Fee structure for various medical colleges? How should I apply for this exam? Fee structure for the same? What is the fee structure for government college?
23rd December 2011, 05:28 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Qualifications required to apply for Deck Officer? What is the fee structure? Percentage limit for 12th exam? When is the entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irfan khan7 View Post
What is the qualifaction to apply for deck officer & its fees . What is the percentage limite in 12th exam also when will be the entrance exam .
In order to become a deck officer, firstly, you will need to join Merchant navy as a Deck cadet. Once you join as deck cadet, you will be eligible to write probationary exam conducted by the directorate general of shipping, India and by qualifying the exam, you will be eligible to get promoted and along with working officer, you will become a Deck Officer.
So, since you have qualified +2 level of exam, you will have to pursue BSc in nautical science. You must have studied Physic, Chemistry and Maths in the +2 level.
The best place to pursue the course is Training Ship Chanakya,Navi Mumbai.
To pursue the course, you will have to qualify the Joint Entrance Examination conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology.
For more information, refer to the official webpage of the institute.
28th May 2012, 11:43 AM
denwer

Default Re: Qualifications required to apply for Deck Officer? What is the fee structure? Percentage limit for 12th exam? When is the entrance exam?

DEAR FRIEND!!!

hi...

If you wish to join as a deck officer then the first step is to join some college providing three years B.sc. Nautical Science course or 1.5 years Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS) course.

After the completion of the course you will be pick up by the shipping companies as deck cadets or mate officers.

The best colleges providing these courses are:-

1. T.S. CHANAKYA, (IMU MUMBAI CAMPUS), NAVI MUMBAI.
2. INDIAN MARITIME UNIVERSITY (IMU), GUINDY ,CHENNAI.
3. SHIPPING CORPORATION OF INDIA, MUMBAI.
4. TOLANI MARITIME INSTITUTE.
5. T.S. RAHMAN ,NHAVA ,MUMBAI.
6. HALDIA INSTITUTE OF MARITIME STUDIES AND RESEARCH.

For seeking admission into these colleges you have to appear for IMU ENTRANCE EXAMINATION and score well.

You must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with not less than 60% in PCM and 50% in english.

You must be physically fit in all respect. Your eye-sight must be 6/6 in both eyes without any type of eye diseases.

The fees structure is nearly 2,25,000/- per year , but it may vary depending upon the colleges.

Thnak you and all the best!!!!
15th November 2012, 06:46 AM
Unregistered

NOW I HAVE MORE THAN 50 MONTHS OF EXPERIENCE IN OFF SHORE SUPPLY VESSELS...WHICH THE GRT IS MORE THAN 1500.DO I HAVE ANY OBTIONS TO DO A MATE EXAM
26th December 2012, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

is entrance compulsory to appear for deck officer?Are there any direct courses for deck officer without giving entrance exam?
16th June 2013, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

hey , can i join merchant navy as iam a commerce student. and i can , than can you suggest me some posts for merchant navy that a commerce student can achieve.
30th June 2013, 02:12 AM
Unregistered

sir I am a student of commerce in 2 and I just passed out with 60%
I want to join merchant navy can u please tell me which post is available for me and how much is the salary
9th July 2013, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

What exams we have to clear to become a ship captain
29th August 2013, 12:45 AM
maruthidevi

DEAR FRIEND!!!

hi...

If you wish to join as a deck officer then the first step is to join some college providing three years B.sc. Nautical Science course or 1.5 years Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS) course.

After the completion of the course you will be pick up by the shipping companies as deck cadets or mate officers.

The best colleges providing these courses are:-

1. T.S. CHANAKYA, (IMU MUMBAI CAMPUS), NAVI MUMBAI.
2. INDIAN MARITIME UNIVERSITY (IMU), GUINDY ,CHENNAI.
3. SHIPPING CORPORATION OF INDIA, MUMBAI.
4. TOLANI MARITIME INSTITUTE.
5. T.S. RAHMAN ,NHAVA ,MUMBAI.
6. HALDIA INSTITUTE OF MARITIME STUDIES AND RESEARCH.

For seeking admission into these colleges you have to appear for IMU ENTRANCE EXAMINATION and score well.

You must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with not less than 60% in PCM and 50% in english.

You must be physically fit in all respect. Your eye-sight must be 6/6 in both eyes without any type of eye diseases.

The fees structure is nearly 2,25,000/- per year , but it may vary depending upon the colleges.

Thnak you and all the best!!!!
1st December 2013, 10:11 AM
Unregistered

i need to know how much would be the total fees for becoming a deck officer ! plzz help me as i would be taking loan for dns course and i dont know fee structure after the completion of dns course.
14th December 2015, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

I have perfect 6/6 vision but having colour vision defect. so should i will able to be deck officer in future or will be deck cadet as always.
11th May 2016, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

minimum percent required from Bihar board to get admission in b.sc nautical science
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?