7th June 2015, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

Recruitment exam to get job in Indian Railway on 12th basis?

Hello,
I am studying in 11th standard with Science stream and I want to join Indian Railway and work there after my 12th. So kindly tell me about the recruitment exam which I have to go through to achieve my aim.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for Indian Railway recruitment if completed Diploma in IT on 10th basis?
  2. Recruitment available in Indian Railway on Diploma basis for B.Tech candidate?
  3. Can I get job in Indian Railway on Intermediate basis and continue my education if studying B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year?
  4. Detailed recruitment available in Indian Railway for 12th candidate?
  5. How can I get job in Indian Railway being a 12th Arts student? Recruitment in Government sector available for Arts candidate?
  6. How to get a job in Indian Railway while being a candidate of B.Com?
  7. How to become a ticket checker in RRB?
  8. What kind of posts are available in Indian Railway for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 5th semester student? Can I appear in Indian Railway recruitment exam in my final semester?
  9. Job Opportunities in Indian Railway for me after the completion of Engineering in IT? What procedure to follow and required eligibility criteria for this?
  10. Can i apply for recruitment exams conducted by different zones of Railway simultaneously?
  11. How should I prepare for Loco Pilot?
  12. Can I get job in Indian Railway within 5 months if secured 63% in 12th being a female candidate?
  13. Job opportunities in Indian Railways for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer? Tips to prepare for Indian Railway recruitment exam?
  14. Which area would suit me if I had to switch in Government Sector after completing BSc IT?
  15. How may I know about recruitment's in Indian Railway?
  16. Difference between Group A post, Group B post and Gazetted Post? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. How to get a job in Indian Railway after doing a job in Indian Army
  18. What is the eligibility criteria for IRTS?
9th June 2015, 11:51 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Recruitment exam to get job in Indian Railway on 12th basis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am studying in 11th standard with Science stream and I want to join Indian Railway and work there after my 12th. So kindly tell me about the recruitment exam which I have to go through to achieve my aim.
Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

Applicant should have completed 12th examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognized School or equivalent qualification and candidates who have doing final year of 12th examination can apply for SCRA examination.

Those who have completed Bachelor's degree with Physics and Mathematics may apply for this examination and there is no percentage bar required to apply for SCRA examination.

Your age should be in between 17 to 21 years old.
10th June 2015, 12:24 AM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: Recruitment exam to get job in Indian Railway on 12th basis?

Preparing for railways has many ways. Let us discuss all one by one.

1>> You can prepare for RRB( Railway recruitment boards.) Different regions of railways have different boards like east, North-East etc. They conduct exams separately so you can prepare for that. In such exams technical as well non-technical is asked, so have to brush up your technical knowledge as well as prepare aptitude as well.

2>> You can apply for ESE(Engineering services exam). It is conducted by UPSC and through this you are directly appointed as tan A-grade officer in railways. But this exam can be given only after you graduation in engineering.

Since you are planning to appear after the 12th, o you cannot apply for this.
But i would suggest you that if you really want to enjoy the life of a railway job and if you plan to do engineering, do give a shot for the ESE exam.

The notifications for the RRB exam comes from September onward. For your qualification (i.e. intermediate), you would be eligible for te post of loco pilot and Ticket checker.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?