10th February 2015, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

Job opportunities in Indian Railways for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer? Tips to prepare for Indian Railway recruitment exam?

Hi
Can you please tell me the exact site
to apply for engineering jobs in Indian railway
for those who have completed B tech mechanical
engineering and how to prepare for the exam?
with regards

Related Questions:
  1. What are the Job Opportunities for Mechanical Engineers in Indian Railway?
  2. Job opportunities in Indian Railways for Information Technology students?
  3. What are the jobs available in B.E mechanical engineering in Indian Railways?
  4. Any opportunities for B.Tech Biotechnology students in Indian Railway? Can I try other jobs in Indian Railway which are unrelated to Biotechnology?
  5. How can I become a Indian Railway TC?
  6. What is the scope of B>Tech IT in Indian railways? What is the procedure to become railways engineer
  7. Job Opportunities in Indian Railway for me after the completion of Engineering in IT? What procedure to follow and required eligibility criteria for this?
  8. How to get a good job in Indian Railways after passing B.Tech 4 years
  9. How can I get a job in Indian Railways? I am a B.E final year mechanical engineering student
  10. Can a CSE candidate apply for Section Engineer Position in Railway? Gross Salary of Section Engineer in Indian Railways?
  11. How to get a government job with Railways?
  12. Exams for getting railways jobs -- [Most Discussed]
  13. What should I do to get Job in Indian Railway being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering? Which Exams I have to appear for this? Where can I get good Information regarding this?
  14. Job Opportunities for me in Indian Railway having completed BE in IT? Do I need to appear for Entrance Exam for this?
  15. Indian Railway Jr. Engineer Mechanical Exam previous year question papers?
  16. What is RRB technician syllabus?
  17. How to get a job in Indian Railways after completing B.Tech computer science with 55%?
  18. What is the criteria to be a loco pilot of Rajdhani express?
13th February 2015, 11:14 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Job opportunities in Indian Railways for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer? Tips to prepare for Indian Railway recruitment exam?

Since you have completed B.Tech, you can now prepare for IES exam. This exam is conducted by UPSC. You can join Railways if score among top candidates in mechanical branch.

IES exam pattern :

It is both subjective and objective type exam.
There are two objective papers, two subjective and one GS paper.

After you clear written exam, you have interview round.
This exam is very competitive as lakhs of candidates appear for few hundred seats.

Notification for IES 2015 will be announced on UPSC website in March.

You can start your preparation by first going through previous years papers and get an idea about type of questions being asked.
You can also purchase solved questions booklet of Made Easy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?