5th June 2010, 10:03 PM
nisah

Restarting my career after 6 years break

dear all,
i'm 33 yeras old,mother of 2 kids,who gave up her job 6 yrs for marriage and motherhood.I have done my B.Sc(CBZ) and GNIIT course and worked as Faculty with NIIT for 2 years.As part of the Course,i also managed to do a M.Sc(I.T) with lateral entry(exemption of 1st and 2nd Semester).To add credentials to my CV,i did Microsoft Certification for 2 papers(MCP-VB Desktop and Distributed).later,took a deviation and i worked as a Assistant Sales Manager in a IBM Mainframe Training Firm for a year successfully,where i also used to conduct Soft Skills for the outgoing students as i was trained to conduct these non IT skills while i was pursuing my GNIIT course.
Throughout my education i maintained an average performance of 60% and above.
After my marriage i had to relocate to U.K 6 years ago and hence gave up my career.
Now i call myself a beginner as i dont know which stream to pursue? and what are my chances of success? after 6 years my IT skills are not good to focus something into IT...With a OPEN University M.Sc degree i feel this degree is not recognised,so should i start doing post graduation based on my B.Sc(CBZ),Am i eligible? Please Guide me as i come from a Non educated Family background. Thanks for ur time and effort in reading my email.God Bless!!!!

11th June 2010, 12:58 PM
jicks

Default Re: Restarting my career after 6 years break

Hai dear,

Only thing needed to restart your career is : WILL POWER//DRIVE

Since you are having enough of that, it is possible to restart your career.

For all women like us, so many years would have passed in family commitments, after which we suddently wake up and search something for us.

In my opinion, you can go for higher studies in Information Technology, since already you have gained lot of experience in that field. It would not be much difficult for good student like you, to complete the course.

You have a lot of options left in Computer Technology.
Pursue M.Sc( computer science) of M.sc(IT) and further MBA specialization
which would offer you a lucrative career.

Another option is continue M.Sc(Biology0 or M.Sc(microbiology) for which teaching job is the best opening.

All the Very Best.........
11th June 2010, 02:24 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

dear nisah ,
hats off to your determination!!

there are many colleges in india as well which provides education through some lateral enteries to their programs and as you are not above 35 so you can apply for some exams as well .
On the basis of your earlier education papers , you can also be given a relaxation of 1 year in your programs.
and i think that you should chose i.t. sector itself as your experience will provide you too much,as any one can't forget evrything about interactions.

and rest all depends upon your present interests of admissions.

feel free to post as many doubts as you can, we are to solve your doubts

cheers
12th June 2010, 04:02 AM
nisah

Thanks guys....all i need is the word....GO!!!!! thanks!!!
12th June 2010, 04:03 AM
nisah

Thanks a lot.....its never too late is what u ask me to beleive in....thanks.
15th June 2010, 04:25 AM
9A2M00
Senior Member+

hello,
Very had indeed but labour never fails. If you are having the confidence, you can.
The goals are never far off. Rest best of luck.
11th July 2010, 04:29 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

you can do sun certificate course,net certificate,
also with market needs ,you can learn new courses like on vhdl and networking.
seek them.good luck!
6th August 2010, 05:39 AM
Jitendra malviya

Location: 8-bhawani shri lakshya , chhatrasal nagar ,phase 1 ,Bhopal(M.P.),462023

really i am very devoted to your determination...you can do some diploma courses parallel to your job.. which provides a good success in your career..

all the best..
7th August 2010, 07:26 PM
rohity821

Hai dear,

Only thing needed to restart your career is : WILL POWER//DRIVE

Since you are having enough of that, it is possible to restart your career.

For all women like us, so many years would have passed in family commitments, after which we suddently wake up and search something for us.

In my opinion, you can go for higher studies in Information Technology, since already you have gained lot of experience in that field. It would not be much difficult for good student like you, to complete the course.

You have a lot of options left in Computer Technology.
Pursue M.Sc( computer science) of M.sc(IT) and further MBA specialization
which would offer you a lucrative career.

Another option is continue M.Sc(Biology0 or M.Sc(microbiology) for which teaching job is the best opening.

All the Very Best.........
16th May 2011, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

There is a course offered by School of Inspired Leadership especially for women who have taken a career break. The program offers part time class room education, mentor through an year to guide you and placement assistance. Please read more on their website.

http://www.soilindia.net/content/career-reconnect-for-women-program

Hope it helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisah View Post
dear all,
i'm 33 yeras old,mother of 2 kids,who gave up her job 6 yrs for marriage and motherhood.I have done my B.Sc(CBZ) and GNIIT course and worked as Faculty with NIIT for 2 years.As part of the Course,i also managed to do a M.Sc(I.T) with lateral entry(exemption of 1st and 2nd Semester).To add credentials to my CV,i did Microsoft Certification for 2 papers(MCP-VB Desktop and Distributed).later,took a deviation and i worked as a Assistant Sales Manager in a IBM Mainframe Training Firm for a year successfully,where i also used to conduct Soft Skills for the outgoing students as i was trained to conduct these non IT skills while i was pursuing my GNIIT course.
Throughout my education i maintained an average performance of 60% and above.
After my marriage i had to relocate to U.K 6 years ago and hence gave up my career.
Now i call myself a beginner as i dont know which stream to pursue? and what are my chances of success? after 6 years my IT skills are not good to focus something into IT...With a OPEN University M.Sc degree i feel this degree is not recognised,so should i start doing post graduation based on my B.Sc(CBZ),Am i eligible? Please Guide me as i come from a Non educated Family background. Thanks for ur time and effort in reading my email.God Bless!!!!
17th August 2011, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

Dear All,

I am on a break for about 2 years due to my marriage after the war which drained me off and also stole my mind in the due course. 'am married since a year and now i am all willing to steer back in to my career or atleast i wish to move ahead from now on. My problem is quite wierd or funny or crazy or i wonder how to put it across. I am uncertain as to how should i get off it.

I feel that 'am spied almost everywhere that i move around. Feel that almost every one of them are noticing me to gossip bad or atleast pass a dirty comment. I feel that 'am almost getting quite scared of crowd as few people talk whole loads of negative things and i assume or believe that they are talking of my every minute move... This is honestly killing me. With such mind set how do i kick start my life. Just unable to trust any one. Wonder why did i become such a ????? all of a sudden in my life that's eating me up every moment. I would like someone to help me get off my madness before i could think of a LIFE that i feel is lost at the moment due to such mindset.
12th September 2011, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i'm 28 yrs old ,i had passed mca(2006) from kerala university with distinction.But i can't go for a job at that time because of domesticaffairs.Now iam settled in bangalore and iwould like to go for a job but i have no experience yet .what's the right procedure for getting a job immediately?. Please reply.
13th January 2012, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

DEAR all,
I have completed BE(CSE) in 2006 and i worked in a BPO for 2 years.i resigned my job to look after my baby.Now i'm 26 and i have 3 years of break in my career.I need to get back to my career. please give me some suggestions..
21st February 2012, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

Hi all,
Iam 28yrs old n have competed BSc in IT from the KSOU uni. I was working as a commercial incharge for 2 yrs and had to take a break of 3 yrs due to marriage n kid. now want to resume back to my career. wats the procedure of getting the suitable job...
9th April 2012, 10:33 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

there are many colleges in india as well which provides education through some lateral enteries to their programs and as you are not above 35 so you can apply for some exams as well .
On the basis of your earlier education papers , you can also be given a relaxation of 1 year in your programs.
and i think that you should chose i.t. sector itself as your experience will provide you too much,as any one can't forget evrything about interactions.

and rest all depends upon your present interests of admissions.

feel free to post as many doubts as you can, we are to solve your doubts
6th June 2012, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

Hi all
I am a management graduate and did B.com (hons.) in graduation.I am having over 4 years experience in finance domain into broking and banking industry.I took career break for over 2 years for family.I am again ready to re-start my career but not getting any interview call. Kindly suggest me should I go for any additonal course like financial modelling or sap. as I am looking for operation profile now. Kindly suggest me good institute also.
thanks a lot.
13th December 2012, 08:29 AM
Unregistered

Hi ALL,
I completed my 12th exams in 2009 from U.P. Board. After that joined a coaching center for IIT-JEE. I could not crack the JEE exam. Unfortunately in the month of MAY my father expired. Because I was the eldest one so I have to put a break on my study. Now after a break of 3 years I want to restart my study. I am a good student of mathematics and I have completed the syllabus of two years of Graduation. Am I able to apply for B.Sc. from D.B.R.A.U.?
5th November 2014, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

I am 30 year old lady i want to restart my carrier after 7 year i hv done diplomal.
3rd January 2015, 04:29 AM
Unregistered

hi, ihav completed m.sc. biotech. in 2011. how can i get job in biotech/pharma industry after 3 years gap.
31st August 2017, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

Hi I am a M.SC biotechnology pass out candidate I have 6 years of career break due to marriage and maternity but I want to do PhD and want to return mainstream of research . is this career gap can be a big problem for me while getting a job after phd
30th December 2018, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I am a B.C.A graduate and I have 7 years of career break because of my kids and family. I have 4 years of experience in BPO sector. Now I want to restart the career. But I don't want to continue in BPO. Could you please help me with the a non technical course which I can pursue to restart the career. Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?