16th July 2010, 09:50 AM

Is it right to take IT branch in Btech, given the market conditions?

i interested to take I.T. in B.tech,because the market comes to boom after 4years, my assumption is correct?

19th July 2010, 09:19 AM
NISAMTI

Default Re: Is it right to take IT branch in Btech, given the market conditions?

yes..you are correct..according to the standards..IT course is easier than the other engineering courses comparatively..all the best..take IT branch in engineering maa.as you are interested in that course.
19th July 2010, 09:35 AM
LOKESH RAJPUT

Default Re: Is it right to take IT branch in Btech, given the market conditions?

hello sunily!
in my opinion CSE branch has much more scope than IT, even after a boom in IT sector because IT companies are preffering CSE and ECE engineers than IT ones.

you can check the placement details of past and present of any top engineering college.
19th July 2010, 10:47 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

May be ,in the recent past it has been a very crucial time to survive in the IT industry, but as IT has got dynamic trend it will again boom the business and economic world.

It is that sector which plays a great role India's outsourcing business.

A large number of multinational companies are interested for outsourcing to India.
Every important industry is related with this IT sector, without this,nothing can be imagined.

You can go through the national economic report where it has been mentioned that by 2011,the Indian IT and BPO services industry could directly employ approximately 2.3 million people.

So if you have interest in the software market, don't think for second time and just go for it..

Because the IT sector in india really must going to be in its typical form soon!

All the best!
19th July 2010, 11:56 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

More or less yes.

Expectations and calculations are so that in coming 5 years IT & CS will restablish themselfs creating a boom in the sector.

Yeah it has also been analysed that in coming 10 years there must be many ups & downs in this sector but it will not loss its charm again.

But checkout nicely if you are opting for a good Institute, specially institute with good campusing facility, as it will be much helpful for you.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
19th July 2010, 05:16 PM
trupti_9227

hello,
you can never guess before hand on what will be the market senario after 4-5 years.i would just suggest you that what ever insterests you, should be opted.after all it is you who have to study.and have faith in god, all will be well
19th July 2010, 07:00 PM
sharad3010

if u want to be on safer side u can try mechanical branch
as u will get placement watever is market

but if u wish den u can try it
yes each year dere r companies which do mass placement so u can go dere without much thought
good luck
19th July 2010, 07:42 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

Not to a very good extent !!

IT sector was having it's charm 5 years ago and now it does not have too much with it as it's just a mere part which is to be studied to a cs student so you could be restricted to a little portion related to it .

I also wan't to add than 5 years ago it was been said that biotech stream is going to have boom in next 4 years but it's not seem to be correct even by 1% as most of such engineers are working either with very low package or unemployed .

Sorry to have such a negative though but that's true ...

If you are interested in this sector than go for it as each and every sector does have too much for good candidates but not for all and don't go by looking for future prospects as it's just a mere idea and may be wrong as well as correct .

Go for good college as even cs degree doesn't matter if not pursued from right place .
look for the college prospectus , placement records , faculty experience, and national and international links , etc. .

Hope your doubts to be solved ..

Best of luck!!!
cheers
19th July 2010, 07:52 PM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

yea obviously a right choice dude.......there are many institute who got good name through IT branch.... nowadays it has some less name but in future it wil shine again so never worry about it dude...search in internet for the good college an go for it for your best future .....if u need any help from me kindly reply i'll do my best
19th July 2010, 07:55 PM
prd

Smile Re: Is it right to take IT branch in Btech, given the market conditions?

DEAR FRIEND, listen me very very carefully...... If you are interested in this sector than go for it as each and every sector does have too much for good candidates but not for all and don't go by looking for future prospects as it's just a mere idea and may be wrong as well as correct .

Go for good college as even cs degree doesn't matter if not pursued from right place .Expectations and calculations are so that in coming 5 years IT & CS will restablish themselfs creating a boom in the sector.
BEST OF LUCK
19th July 2010, 08:19 PM
sathsish

Smile Re: Is it right to take IT branch in Btech, given the market conditions?

hello friend,
am doing my engineering 3rd year now.
while am entering into college everyone says it is good just take it..because its the only field booming up superb...
but its totally opposite
not even 5% of people came up like that..
so its better to choose good colleges or institutes where you are going to start your studies with..???

just look into
1.college faculty members and their experience
2.whether it has any placement records of above 90%
3.good campusing facility

that's it..!! you can sure shine up..

all the very best dude..!!!
19th July 2010, 08:47 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

Well its a very good thing that you want to take up a career in engineering in the IT sector.
Just like you, a few years back, i was under the same dilemma whether to take computer science as my branch or not because of the economic slowdown and companies firing their employees to battle the slowdown.
But then, someone gave a me a piece of advice which instantly solved my dilemma and enabled me take up my choice of "computer science".
I would like to share the same with you:
quote:
"Computers when they were invented, were so expensive and difficult to handle, that people thought that the person who invented the computer was a fool. He was highly criticized by everyone. But today, if he would be alive, he would hold a god like stature."
Unquote

Today's world in simply nothing without computers. Many IT companies are coming up every day. Even the government is slowly becoming e-government, that is total work is computer based."
So do not hesitate to take up IT, if their is a slowdown today, in a few years a boom will surely come, and let me tell you their demand is going to so much that their wont be enough recruits to fulfill their requirements.
Even the defense is on the lookout for IT professionals for their defense jobs.This is because the world is soon to face a threat through the internet rather than nuclear war.
Hence, their demand will rise and rise and rise.
Also, one thing that i would like to mention is that many Indian MNC's and BPO's are hiring these days on bulk basis. They are constantly on the lookout for professionals with the right attitude to work.

Hence, i would suggest, that there is no harm in taking up your career in IT.The market will improve improve.

Go ahead with your plans, chase your dreams.
Remember what you whole heartedly, you will succeed in that.

Best Of Luck!!
19th July 2010, 09:33 PM
RV9018

Not a very good branch indeed!
But if you think you could do well then don't listen to anybody just go for it.
And if you have a little bit of doubt then don't take the risk because in this branch you would have to be a topper to get a good job.
I would just insist you to take Mechanical or EC or Electrical in order to get a good job in future.
Hope that you will think about it.
19th July 2010, 10:47 PM
Senior Member+++

yes friend you heard right
and as we all know that ups and downs comes in every field and as far as considering
IT sector that faced a lot of downs but as you said its true that it will come back in again 4 years
but if youu have interest in another sector then you can go for that also
20th July 2010, 12:18 AM
agentroy
Senior Member+

yes dear frind the condition of the market today is not right,but the condition is improving day by day and after four year it will definitely be very good so it is aright decision to take it
20th July 2010, 01:33 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

in this time market is going through recession.but is no one can say it will long last.when the market gets its original position,then IT students will have more priority on that time.

but as it totally depents upon market condition,so i can't say it is very good branch.i thing core branch are best branch for enginering.

all the best.........
20th July 2010, 08:28 PM
Kumar Mayank

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
i interested to take I.T. in B.tech,because the market comes to boom after 4years, my assumption is correct?
That is a possibility but not a necessity.
Now,in my opinion you should not take any risk.After all its the matter of your career.
Go for branches like ECE,mechanical,CSE and electrical.
Again,IT and CSE are similar as per as the syllabus is concerned.
Yeah;the final decision is yours,dear.
29th July 2010, 02:09 AM
Unregistered

it is good mayn...!!
31st July 2010, 03:40 PM
NISAMTI

yes friend,it's good,comparatively it is easier among all the engineering courses..but b.tech studies needs little bit hard work to gain good percentage..good luck
12th August 2010, 11:03 AM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear friend

u can take if u are very much interested about it.

but present market condition is not well for IT companies. they are all suffering from recession. they need time to recover properly.

so try to avoid it.

all d best.
14th August 2010, 08:59 PM
amit1057
Senior Member+

Try to avoid to take admission in IT branch in Btech,but present market condition is not well for IT companies. they are all suffering from recession. they need time to recover properly.
After 2 or 3 year may be recover properly ,can not tell any softerware company.
All the best!
15th August 2010, 09:42 AM
bholag

Dear friend,
Bad time is going on for IT industry,that is why every one is fearing .
we all know that it will be overcome soon and as per my view is concern you can get good job after completing your B.TEch (IT) .
Their is so many software industries like
TCS
Accenture
Google
Infosis
15th August 2010, 11:11 PM
Rickers

Hello,

Yes this is good branch for engineering, you can go for it.
The market condition is now better after the ressession. don't worry go for it!!!!!
16th August 2010, 07:39 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

the IT market in india was first boom in 2005, in the middle it was down, and now it is again raising. I think the IT market will go this way in future also..

there are lots of ups and down in this market, it will never stay same..

there is a little problem for getting a job for freshers, but once u get the job u have no problem with these ups and downs..

so u can take IT brunch in B.TECH.

BEST OF LUCK.......
26th August 2010, 01:41 AM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
You can take IT branch,but if you have interest in S/W sector then you can take the CSE branch
because many S/W company want CSE or ECE students than IT at the time of college campusing.

However, if you are determined to take IT branch for higher study first try to do following those:
1:The college is Jadavpur or shibpur(BESU) as in those colleges have record of near about 100% placement,
2:if any other colleges cheack the placement record,college should have minimum 90-95% placement.
3:Infrastructure of the colleges etc...
Good luck.
31st August 2010, 09:59 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

it does not have too much with it as it's just a mere part which is to be studied to a cs student so you could be restricted to a little portion related to it .market is going through recession.but is no one can say it will long last.when the market gets its original position,then IT students will have more priority on that time.
4th September 2010, 05:33 PM
avinash kr.
Banned

yes this is right for you because it and csp branch is depends on the market so this is best for you in the marketing field... thanking you
8th October 2010, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

why it companies playing with the career of cse branch student ????//
22nd March 2011, 12:57 AM
amlendu
Senior Member++

hi,
Expectations and calculations are so that in coming 5 years IT & CS will restablish themselfs creating a boom in the sector.

Yeah it has also been analysed that in coming 10 years there must be many ups & downs in this sector but it will not loss its charm again.

But checkout nicely if you are opting for a good Institute, specially institute with good campusing facility, as it will be much helpful for you.

thank
28th May 2011, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

I had done polytechnic in CS .May i select another stream in UPTU BTECH second year ?
31st May 2011, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

what is the difference between cse and it?
1st June 2011, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

Is it right to take cse
branch in Btech, given the
market conditions?
23rd July 2011, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

what is the diff- in it and cs branch ......??????
28th July 2011, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.MD.AZHARUDDIN View Post
yea obviously a right choice dude.......there are many institute who got good name through IT branch.... nowadays it has some less name but in future it wil shine again so never worry about it dude...search in internet for the good college an go for it for your best future .....if u need any help from me kindly reply i'll do my best
iam interested in it but all it is not good branch than cse wats ur answer sir
1st August 2011, 12:44 AM
kartikayan

Hi dear,

More or less yes.

Thanks
11th September 2011, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

should i take cs branch?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?