12th June 2016, 02:32 AM
Unregistered

Is Science stream compulsory for NATA 2017 exam?

I have completed my 10th boards this march and planning to go for architecture. For this I wanted to select a stream in which there won't be too much studies and so that I can focus on my NATA 2017 exam preparations and my drawing skills so I was opting for commerce stream. But recently I was told that the new education board has made some changes and are making science stream compulsory for architecture. Is that true ? If it is then am I compelled to take science stream?
- Mr confused, thane

P.s. I am 16 years old now and will be giving NATA in 2017

12th June 2016, 05:50 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Science stream compulsory for NATA 2017 exam?

NATA stands for 'National Aptitude Test in Architecture'. NATA exam is conducted by National Institute of Advanced Studies in Architecture.
Science is not a compulsory stream for appearing in the NATA exam. But you must have Mathematics as one of the main subject in qualifying exams for appearing in the NATA 2017 exam. So if you are interested in commerce stream then you can go for it with Mathematics as the main subject.
12th June 2016, 07:11 AM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Official Website:- https://www.nata.in/

NATA 2017 EXAMINATION

** NATA stands for National Aptitude Test in Architecture.

** No Science stream is not compulsory for NATA 2017 exam.

** Commerce stream candidate also eligible to apply NATA entrance examination.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

** Applicants must have minimum 50% marks in Class 12th from any recognized Board with with mathematics as one of their subjects or equivalent examination.

** The age of candidate must be minimum of 17 year.

No you are not eligible to write NATA exam at the age of 16 years.

CONTACT ADDRESS

National Institute of Advanced Studies in Architecture,
CDSA, Survey no : 58 & 49 / 4, Bavdhan Khurd, Paud Road,
( Before Ambrosia Resort; Off Chandni Chowk ),
Pune – 411 021,
Phone No. : 020 – 6573 – 1088,
12th June 2016, 08:22 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

NATA stands for National Aptitude Test in Architecture.

NATA exam is all India level entrance exam conducted by Central Board of Secondary School for admission to any of the Architecture colleges listed under NATA.

Eligibility criteria :-

10+2 or equivalent from a recognized Board/University with PCM as their subjects with at least 50% aggregate marks.

Or,

10+3 Diploma in any stream recognized by Central/ State Governments with 50% marks in aggregate.

Or,

International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of schooling, with at least 50% marks in aggregate and with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination.
12th June 2016, 10:44 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

NATA stands for National Aptitude Test in Architecture. It is a National level entrance examination which is conducted by NIASA for offering admission to undergraduate courses in Architecture. NATA examination measures the candidate's drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability that have been acquired over a long period of time, and that are related to specific field of study, i.e. Architecture.

Eligibility criteria required to appear in NATA 2017 examination is mentioned below :-

=> Candidates who have passed 10th standard or equivalent from a Government recognised board are eligible to appear in NATA 2017 examination.

But, to be eligible to get admission in B.Arch course through NATA 2017 examination, you must have to qualify an Aptitude Test in Architecture and have to secure minimum aggregate of 50% marks in your 12th standard board examinations with Mathematics as one of the subjects from a Government recognised board.

=> There is no specific age limit required to appear in NATA 2017 examination.

So, there is no need to opt for Science stream for pursuing your 12th standard to appear in NATA 2017 examination, you can pursue any stream in your 12th standard which you are interested with Mathematics as one of the subjects to be eligible to appear in NATA 2017 examination.
12th June 2016, 10:55 AM
pyare7

NATA exam is conducted by council of Architecture. Every student who wishes to take admission in B.Arch.

Eligibility Criteria:

You should have passed 12th standard from a recognized university with Mathematics as one of the subjects

OR

Its equivalent examination in Mathematics as one of the subjects

You must consist at least 50% marks in 12th or its equivalant exam

NATA exam has two parts:

Drawing Test paper based

Aesthetic Sensitivity Test computer based

Online application form will be available from January 2017
12th June 2016, 12:57 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

No science stream is not compulsory for NATA examination.

Eligibility criteria for NATA exam is:-

-》》You should pass 12th from recognized Board

-》》If you are appearing in 12th then you can apply

-》》You should have Mathematics as one of the subjects in the qualifying examination with 50% in Mathematics

-》》Your age should be above 17 years and no upper age is required.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?