26th May 2016, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria followed for getting admission in IIT?

Sir/Mam,

What is the eligibility criteria followed for getting admission in IIT? Can you please provide me the complete information on the same? It will be really helpful if you can answer me back soon on the same. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility criteria for getting admission in IIT?
  2. Admission procedure of Ph.D program in rural development in IIT? Eligibility criteria?
  3. Eligibility criteria to take admission in IIT institute for M.Tech in Robotics Engineering
  4. Can I take the admission in IIT after diploma? What is the eligibility criteria followed for the same?
  5. Eligibility criteria and admission process for getting admission in IIT Delhi for MCA?
  6. Minimum Eligibility criteria to take admission in IIT after GATE?
  7. It it possible for me to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  8. Should I have to appear in NET to study PhD in IIT-Madras if completed M.Sc(Chemistry)? Eligibility to get admission?
  9. Eligibility criteria to take admission into B.Ed course? Universities providing B.Ed course in Distance Learning? Eligibility criteria for taking admission into CDAC? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. What are the various M.Tech courses that I can do after passing MSc Physics
  11. MCA Admission in IIT colleges
  12. Eligibility to get admission in IIT for M.Sc Geophysics course for F.Y.B.Sc pursuing candidate?
  13. Is it possible to pursue degree course in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 10th basis? Eligibility criteria and procedure to get admission?
  14. Eligibility criteria to take admission in IIT for B.E after diploma in mechanical?
  15. How is the career in aerounatical engineering? What entrance exams I need to give?
  16. What is the eligibility criteria followed for getting Ph.D course admission?
  17. Eligibility criteria for admission in 3 years LLB course? Universities/colleges in Delhi, Rajasthan and UP?
  18. Eligibility criteria for admission in B.Ed?
26th May 2016, 03:03 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria followed for getting admission in IIT?

One needs to clear JEE Main and Advanced to get admission in IIT.

JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) is a two stage examination conducted by CBSE Board. The exam is conducted for admissions in UG eng./architecture courses in NITs, IITs and other institutions through JEE Mains examination. And, admissions in IITs are made through JEE Advanced examination.

Eligibility criteria for JEE exam:-

-One should have passed 12th with at least 50% marks in aggregate with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and Chemistry / Biology / Computer Science / Bio-technology as optional subjects .

-One should have passed 12th class or equivalent in the year 2015 or 2016 or appearing for 12th examination in 2017 are eligible for the exam .

-The candidate belonging to open category must have born on or after October 1, 1992 and SC/ST/PwD candidate should have born on or after October 1, 1987 .

-The candidate must have qualified in JEE Main 2017 to apply for JEE Advanced exam 2017.
26th May 2016, 03:45 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria followed for getting admission in IIT?

Eligibility criteria required for getting admission in IIT is :-

>> You must have completed 12th standard with MPC stream from a recognised board or you must have completed three years Diploma in Engineering course from a recognised institute.

>> You must have to appear and qualify JEE Main and Advanced examinations to get admission in IIT.

>> You must be at least 17 years as on 31st December of the year of examination.

>> By qualifying and securing good rank in JEE Advanced examination, you can get admission in IIT.
26th May 2016, 03:48 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria are as under:-

Candidate must have completed their higher secondary education from a recognized board and school.
Candidate must have paased with at least 60% marks in their higher secondary education.
Candidate must have to clear entrance examination.
Candidate can write entrance exam as appearing candidates also but for admission you need to paas intermediate with good percentage.
26th May 2016, 06:23 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology and as the name suggests these are the best colleges in India for technical courses.

For admission in IIT for the course of B.tech / B.E. one needs to qualify the JEE ( both stages i.e; JEE Main and JEE Advance ) along with good percentage in their 12th board examination too.

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is held once every year by CBSE for admission of students in top government and private engineering college on the basis of performance in the same examination. JEE is held in two stages which includes JEE Main and JEE Advance.

--> To be eligible for JEE Main one must have the qualifications mentioned below :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 17 years to 25 years till the 31st December of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your higher secondary school degree with PCM group with a minimum of 60% aggregate ( in case of SC/ST & PH candidates it must be at least 50% ) from a recognized institute.

--> Also for appearing in the JEE Advance, you must have qualified your JEE Main examination along with that much percentage aggregate in your 12th board examination that keeps you within the top 20 percentile students of your board or your aggregate must be above 75%.

For more details about JEE, you can refer to its official link i.e; www.jeemain.nic.in.
26th May 2016, 06:58 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in IIT in India, a candidate must have passed 12th with medical stream with minimum 50% marks and 45% for reserved categories from recognised board. Then the candidate has to appear in the Joint Entrance Examinations Mains and after qualifying the Mains exam he has to appear in the Advanced exam and has to qualify it also to get admission in IIT.
26th May 2016, 08:23 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

What is the eligibility criteria followed for getting admission in IIT? Can you please provide me the complete information on the same? It will be really helpful if you can answer me back soon on the same. Thank you!
Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks are eligible for IIT entrance exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
26th May 2016, 09:53 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology and it is India's best institute for technical courses.

The admission in institute is offered after qualifying in JEE entrance examination after 10+2 and through GATE examination after B.tech.

JEE is conducted in two stage as Main and Advance. Candidates have to qualify in both stages for final selection.

GATE is conducted by IIT or IISc. So, appear and qualify in examination as per your qualification.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?