31st January 2016, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

List of subjects I can take up in graduation to set career in banking in future?

What are the subjects in graduation and which subject I should take if i want to do banking in future? Can someone please help me to find the information on the same? I am not sure which all subjects to opt for now. So, would need the help to figure out.

Related Questions:
  1. What to do next after B.Com for career in Banking & Insurance sector with HDFC Life?
  2. Can I make a good career in Banking after completing graduation in B.Com(Banking and Insurance)
  3. What should I do after graduation in B.Com Banking and Insurance? What else can I do after graduation? Career options available other than MBA?
  4. Which is better between MBA and M.Tech after B.Tech EEE?
  5. Which are the related subjects for me to do Ph.D being a candidate pursuing M.Com in Banking and Finance?
  6. Career oriented course with Graduation? Courses which I can pursue with my graduation?
  7. Courses that I can take up during graduation to get a job in Banking? I am doing banking and want to make a career in banking so which course to go for?
  8. What is the future in the Banking Field? I am pursuing BSc Computer final year after completing graduation? What should be the percentage in graduation?
  9. How may I make career in banking sector? I have completed my graduation in commerce with 60.5% marks
  10. Which course to do after passing 12th commerce?
  11. What else I can do after completion of T.Y.B.Com course? How to set my career now?
  12. Career after taking subjects PCM in graduation?
  13. What should I do to kick start my career after completion of graduation?
  14. How to choose subjects in SET exam after MBA with no specialization?
  15. How to make a career in Banking? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Am I eligible to do MBA in Finance or Banking after completion of Graduation in BA?
  17. Which subject is preferred among masters in International Relations, masters in IT or masters in Banking and Finance?
  18. How to have a career in Banking or Managing Field?
31st January 2016, 10:45 AM
kantraman

Default Re: List of subjects I can take up in graduation to set career in banking in future?

As for banking job mathematics is compulsory so take math as a compulsory subject in graduation.If you are choosing arts stream then choose math as compulsory subject and for science stream choose math as a compulsory subject in graduation.
31st January 2016, 06:16 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: List of subjects I can take up in graduation to set career in banking in future?

B.Com is the best graduation course among all the courses under graduation. But coming to choose a banking career there is no need to have a specific subject. So with out having afraid you just select based on your wish.

Now a days banking sector has a bright career. so first you complete graduation based on that you will get a chance for job through IBPS.

>> Clerical

>> PO

>> SO etc.,
31st January 2016, 07:14 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

For making future in the banking field basically there is no compulsion of subjects in one's academics except when one looks for special officer posts.

Also more common and popular jobs in banking field are the jobs as bank clerk or bank probationary officer from where one can get promoted to higher posts as per their performance or through departmental examination.

But for becoming bank clerk or bank probationary officer one is required to clear their respective entrance examination also such as SBI bank examination or IBPS bank examination. And for appearing in the same examinations the criteria which you must satisfy are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 20 years to 28 years for the post of bank clerk and 21 years to 30 years for the post of bank probationary officer. Age relaxation is applicable in both cases as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course with any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

* You must have the knowledge to work on computer as the banking works are computer based since the world is emerging digital. Apart from this you must have good communication skills.

For further queries and details about these examinations you can log on to the link www.sbiexam.com or www,ibps.in.
31st January 2016, 10:17 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

There is no such specification that you need to take a particular subject or lists of subjects in order to apply for banking job entrance exams. Nothing subject specific is asked in banking exams.

Questions paper contains questions from:

>>Aptitude

>>Reasoning

>>English.

>>Computer awareness.

>>General knowledge and current affairs.

These are common topics, so you can take any subject combination in bachelor's degree as per you wish in order to apply for banking entrance exams. Candidates from all streams are eligible to apply for entrance exams like IBPS CWE or SBI exam etc.
31st January 2016, 11:54 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Banking exams are not subject specific. You can pursue your bachelor's degree in any stream with any list of subjects.

It does not matter for banking exams because candidates from all category of bachelor's degree are eligible for banking exams. Select the subject in which you have interest instead of other suggestion.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?