23rd October 2010, 05:46 PM
hobbs

A Science student but having more interest in Arts subjects, what can I do now?

i passed out my 12 science last year with around 50 pecentage and after 1 year gap, i am doing bsc agri 1st year. But the problem is i have more interest in english and arts subjects than in science. as a matter of fact even in class 10 and 12 exams i scored more marks in english than in math or science.. i feel like i have made a mistake. So i am planning to take another gap year and join an arts college ,next year,with english honuors. Can u please tell me if this is a right move? cause i think my interests suits arts stream more than science. And can u please tell me if any good college will accept me?? if yes than should i take some kind of gap certificte or any other documents..and from where will i get this documents?

24th October 2010, 06:20 PM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Default Re: A Science student but having more interest in Arts subjects, what can I do now?

if you are not interested in science and have more interest in arts then you can change your stream and persue b.a instead of doing b.sc. and then you will be able to study your subject. good luck
26th October 2010, 11:43 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: A Science student but having more interest in Arts subjects, what can I do now?

Hmm its tough to answer but it should not be that tough for you to answer. You know that you interest lies in English and Arts field and not science. Then I think you should definitely go for Arts related field.

But the problem here is the gap of 2 years after your 12th. As far I know there wont be any problem if you perform well henceforth in your arts stream.

Join the Arts stream only if your confident of getting into it. There are many colleges who take through your board marks. But your board marks are also not satisfactory.

Its confusing what to say but the answer lies with you itself. Think hard take help of your parents and ya keep your gap certificate ready incase its asked for
27th October 2010, 11:01 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

as you are interested in arts so from the beginning you had to go with arts. even after arts in the first year you should take arts subject. but you have done mistake.

do not worry now also few chances. first of all if you do not like your subject then just leave it. in the next year take admission in english honors as you are interested in english. in this gap try to do some computer related course which will be help full later.

as you have only 50% marks and 2 years gap so it will be little bit difficult to take admission in a good college. but you have to try. may be you will not get good college. till you have to take admission as you have no other opportunity. then study carefully and make a good result. after that do M.A in english. then further go for higher study. surely you will do well. do not think that you have missed two years. it is not a problem. 2 years gap is nothing. come into the right stream you can do well surely.

just i want to see your success with your interest. all the best.
27th October 2010, 11:10 AM
Sachin Narayan

Hi,
As u r interested in Arts stream, I would like to suggest u not to drop an year. Search for the college which is willing to give u admission within this year, cause one more year's gap will turn your graduation in 5 years. put any medical certificate if necessary, As far as i know u will definitely will get admission within this year. So join the college with ur favourite stream and dont let ur dreams die..and yes also seek advice from your parents.
thank you, good luck
27th October 2010, 03:44 PM
vja

hello....

first thing is continue your agriculture bsc,now you are in confussion totaly.think relaxely.
after completion of your graduation,then you do your MA ENGLISH,which is your favourite one.so,dont think more.

all the best.....
27th October 2010, 04:25 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Dera friend !!

I closely read you post and found that you are into a line in which probably have feable intrest...You cant persue your career forward without any interest..

Beacuse the choice of stream is more important...

You have to have intrest in what ever you do..
your plan to join ARTS with english honours is great.,but I am puzzled why re you taking 1 year gap in each step...you will loose your precious time then..

Good luck !!
27th October 2010, 05:58 PM
mseetharamster

If you feel you are interested in English arts subject, you can do MBA after your bsc agri., in top IIMs and settle as a management student with arts background.

Or else if you want to settle as an English professor or so you can do it after your bsc., that is you can do MA in English.

But cancelling and waiting for year won't be a rightful solution.
6th November 2010, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

the thing s i dont want to study sumthing i dont lik..i hav made a mistake by takin bsc agri..so i want to make it right. maybe i"ll join an arts college tis year itself.. do u think i"ll get a college??
6th November 2010, 07:41 PM
hobbs

i really dont wanna waste another year!! but i am not sure if i"ll get chance in any arts college tis year itself... can anyone help me out?? i"ll be v.gratefull
6th November 2010, 07:51 PM
hobbs

can anyone tell me if i can get admission in an arts college tis year?? please help me out..thanks in advance
6th November 2010, 09:35 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
i really dont wanna waste another year!! but i am not sure if i"ll get chance in any arts college tis year itself... can anyone help me out?? i"ll be v.gratefull
It is very late this time and you have chance only next year.
Take only that stream which suits you and which is according to your interest.
You would have definately seen the movie Three Idiots
so take decision accordingly and not under any force or pressure to give out your best.
Nowadays there is scope in each and every field.
6th November 2010, 11:43 PM
waruf

Smile Re: A Science student but having more interest in Arts subjects, what can I do now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
i passed out my 12 science last year with around 50 pecentage and after 1 year gap, i am doing bsc agri 1st year. But the problem is i have more interest in english and arts subjects than in science. as a matter of fact even in class 10 and 12 exams i scored more marks in english than in math or science.. i feel like i have made a mistake. So i am planning to take another gap year and join an arts college ,next year,with english honuors. Can u please tell me if this is a right move? cause i think my interests suits arts stream more than science. And can u please tell me if any good college will accept me?? if yes than should i take some kind of gap certificte or any other documents..and from where will i get this documents?
There are so many students studying with me who had a gap between their 12th standard and their college. Our Indian colleges will surely accept anybody who are more interested in their subjects. My advice is that you could continue this year with your studies in agriculture and see that you don't give much importance to it. Rather you improve your English vocabulary and communicative skills and participate in as many as competitions like essay writing, poem writing, elocutions, etc. This will give a strong support when you go and join an arts college next year and it will also give a good impression on you for the institution which is going to admit you next year.
7th November 2010, 12:46 AM
chandana Reddy

hi...
if you are more interested in arts than science,you can take up arts after your Bsc..then you can probably go for upsc civil service coaching and take up IAS exm....

good luck..
7th November 2010, 08:43 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

yes for sure you can take exams there is one saying when there is well there is way.that the thing i want to say donot bother past as past is past..refer to the website with different art colleges and their criteria http://www.indiaedu.com/admissions/arts-colleges/ so apply for that and prove yourself....ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR FUTURE HOPE YOU DO WELL
7th November 2010, 06:46 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

abbbb it is really difficult question to answer . but i think you should choose arts and english because of your interest. and there is no any meaning just to hang yourself with science. for your year gap preapare certificate. try to secure as much as possible. if you suceeded then you will really get sucess
11th November 2010, 02:30 AM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: A Science student but having more interest in Arts subjects, what can I do now?

Dear friend

i am providing you the name of top 10 institute of BCA in india that are as follows:
1.Satya Institute of Media and Management Lucknow, India
2.Indian Institute of Management & Commerece (IIMC) Hyderabad, India
3.Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences (AIMS) Bangalore, India
4.Prestige Institute of Management and Research Indore, India
5.Apeejay Institute of Management Jalandhar, India
6.Aryans Group of Colleges (AGC) Chandigarh, India
7.JK Business School (JKBS) Gurgaon, India
8.Prestige Institute Of Management Gwalior, India
9.Indian Academy Group of Institutions Bangalore, India
10.IndraPrastha College of Management and Technology (ICMT) Jodhpur, India

Best of luck
20th May 2011, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my 12th on 2005-06 with 83% in commerce. later on i get married. now i want to continue my studies in correspondence. can u tell me about the subjects in arts
29th May 2011, 07:45 AM
stranger351

I think leave it my friend...
You have two options.
Continue with Science Stream
Or comes to Arts ..
Now read below-
If you are able to doing hard work and you can do then you have to go with Science stream Otherwise Arts is quite easier then Science you can leave it and comes to Arts..
but don't think you will get higher marks i in Arts without doing any of work..
Hard working and continues and prefect practice is the key of Success.
8th June 2011, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

i had completed 12th in arts 2010 and i had dropped in one subject,but i given October and cleared it.I m much more interested in financial and marketing even though i love the subject..and i m too interested,so please suggest me can i apply for BFM.I know i ll be good in this degree so please given suggest me.

Waiting for reply.
Anu.
29th June 2011, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

Yes their is a question so far,if a suggestion is given that u should go for (BFM)commercial work now.i am sure a time is running through and u should better accept this course as your faith.moreso u should not let your mind be emotionally derained for choosen art as your future careers, because art itself is a very good and dynamic course.comment by Alade Saheed Abiodun from Awo Ekiti State Nigeria.
5th November 2011, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

sir
i want to do bsc .i passed 12th in 2011 ..will du take me in ,in 2012
13th December 2011, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

hey m doing my 2nd year architecture but im interested to join jj school of arts.i gave my 12th last year,is it possible for me to appear for the aptitude art test next year? Thanks
1st April 2012, 06:01 AM
Unregistered

can i after doing pcb in 12th go for nift?
8th January 2013, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

I passed out my 12 science last year with around 50 pecentage. But the problem is i have more interest in english and arts subjects than in science. as a matter of fact even in class 10 and 12 exams i scored more marks in english than in math or science.. i feel like i have made a mistake. So i am planning to join an arts college ,next year,with english honuors. Can u please tell me if this is a right move? cause i think my interests suits arts stream more than science. And can u please tell me if any good college will accept me?? if yes than should i take some kind certificte or any other documents..and from where will i get this documents?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?