19th April 2018, 06:53 AM
Unregistered

Should I change college to study correspondence CSE 5th semester being a BTech regular student?

Hello, I am a student of BTech Computer Science Engineering, studying in 4th semester. I want to do my 5th semester onwards from correspondence because of some personal issue. So, can I continue in the same college or I have to change the college?

Related Questions:
  1. Does Kota Instrumentation Ltd offer an Internship to BTech CSE 5th semester student? -- [New]
  2. Eligibility to attend TCS on-campus interview for a candidate who has secured 59% in B.Tech 6th semester?
  3. How can I apply for Winter Training being a student of B.Tech(CSE) 5th semester? What kind of training suits me?
  4. Institutes offering Python Programming Training to CSE 5th semester student in Kolkata?
  5. Can I get promoted to 5th semester with 5 backlogs in BTech 4th semester?
  6. Procedure to apply for an Internship in DRDO for CSE 5th semester student?
  7. Is it possible to change from Kerala University to Calicut University? Can I change college from semester 5 onwards?
  8. Is it possible to change my present college(Indus College of Engineering) to another?
  9. How can I change my college from Kerala University to Calicut University? Is it possible to change? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. What is the difference between Computer Engineering and Information Technology?
  11. Possibility to get admission in 5th semester in IGNOU for a BA General 4th semester regular candidate?
  12. How many colleges are there in India offering B.Com with CA?
  13. Eligibility to apply for an Internship in HPCL for BTech Electrical 5th semester student?
  14. Procedure to apply for an Internship in HCL Technologies for CSE 5th semester student?
  15. How can I get mini projects to do Internship being a CSE 5th semester student?
  16. How can I apply for an Internship in MGVCL being a BTech Electrical 5th semester student?
  17. Can I change my college in BCA 2nd semester?
  18. Does MSEDCL offer an Internship to BTech Mechanical 5th semester student?
13th May 2018, 08:59 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I change college to study correspondence CSE 5th semester being a BTech regular student?

Bachelor of Technology in correspondence mode is not approved by All India Council for Technical Education. It is not possible to pursue fifth semester onwards in B.Tech in correspondence mode.

It would be better if you continue the course in regular mode. Problems and hardships are part and parcel of life. We need to evolve strategy to overcome such problems.
14th May 2018, 10:38 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Should I change college to study correspondence CSE 5th semester being a BTech regular student?

Your college will not allow to change mode of course in fifth semester. In fact, the course can not be done in distance mode.

You can take academic leave for your personal issue and then continue the course in regular mode.
15th May 2018, 09:45 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. In Bachelor of Technology, college change is allowed after first year of engineering. You can not change your college after second year.

2. Now coming to mode of course, a candidate who gets admission in regular will have to pursue course in regular mode only. You do not have any option to change it into correspondence mode after fifth semester.

3. AICTE has not approved distance B.Tech course.
15th May 2018, 05:37 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You are not allowed to change your college after fifth semester of Bachelor of Technology. Transition from regular to correspondence mode is not possible.

You are advised to continue your course in regular mode only. AICTE has clearly mentioned that it does not approve distance B.Tech courses. Ask your college authority for leave so that you can overcome personal issues.
15th May 2018, 07:59 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

You can continue in same college in regular mode only. Second thing, other colleges will take admission in first year of engineering. College and branch change can not take place after third semester of engineering.

You must continue with present college to avoid academic gap.
15th May 2018, 08:04 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You will have to change college for studying Bachelor of Technology in correspondence mode.

Top colleges for distance B.Tech are:

1. KSOU.

2. Amity university.

3. Sikkim Manipal University.

4. Annamalai University.

You can get admission in one of them.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?