14th July 2012, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Should I do B.A LLB or LLB after graduation?

I am a student of B.Sc second year , I want to know that what should I do. I go for BALLB or LLB after graduation???

9th August 2012, 03:03 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I do B.A LLB or LLB after graduation?

LLB course is an option available for you. Graduation is the basic qualification required. Duration of the course is 3 years. Upper age limit for this course is 30 years. Duration of B.A LLB program is 5 years. Generally an integrated course will be more suitable for 10 +2 passed candidates as you will be specializing in that area from graduation itself.
13th August 2012, 08:46 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Before I answer you question first thing you should know is that BA LLB and LLB are almost same course and the job scope in the legal field after both courses is same. You are not going to get any advantage of doing BA LLB over LLB.

Now you should understand the difference between two courses. There are basically two ways to pursue the LLB degree. Firstly you can apply for BA LLB course after completing 12th. This is a five years course which also include B.A. degree.

The second way is that you complete graduation course and then apply for LLB admission which in this case would be 3 years long.

So here is the difference, since graduation course is required to do LLB course, Bar Council of India introduced BA LLB degree which would include subjects of B.A. and LLB. By opting for BA LLB after completing 12th you would be completing the LLB course is five years comparing to graduating first following by LLB course which would take six years to complete.

Therefore the bottom line is that if after completing 12th you take admission for BA LLB course, you will save one year. However in your case since you are already pursuing B.Sc, the ideal choice would be LLB course of 3 years.

Now in order to get admission in Law College for LLB course, firstly you need to appear in CLAT entrance exam. Below are the eligibility details for both courses - BA LLB and LLB.

Eligibility:

BA LLB

1. You must have passed 12th from a recognised board in India for BA LLB course.

2. You need to score at least 50 percent marks in 12th board.

3. Candidates from SC/ST community need 45 percent marks in 12th board.

4. You must have completed 12th before applying for CLAT entrance exam.

Age Criteria:

The maximum age to appear in CLAT exam for General and OBC candidates is 22 years.

For SC/ST - 22 years.

LLB

1. You need to have bachelors degree in any stream for 3 years LLB course.

2. You need at least 45 percent marks in graduation course.

3. Candidates belonging to SC/ST require 40 percent marks.

CLAT SYLLABUS

Logical Reasoning

Elementary Mathematics

General Knowledge

Legal Aptitude

Current Affairs

General English
13th August 2012, 09:08 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

I think you should do LLB because you have already completed your graduation.
so, you should go with LLB
LLB

1. You need to have bachelors degree in any stream for 3 years LLB course.

2. You need at least 45 percent marks in graduation course.

3. Candidates belonging to SC/ST require 40 percent marks.
13th August 2012, 09:40 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student of B.Sc second year , I want to know that what should I do. I go for BALLB or LLB after graduation???

Since you are already in the second year and pursuing a course there is no point leaving that mid-way for law. I would rather suggest you to complete your graduation first and then go for LLB because that means one and the same thing.

As a profession law has gained a lot of mileage these days. What is more interesting is that along with boys these days girls are showing enough interest in this subject. Most of them after completing this course is looking to work as corporate lawyers in various companies.

Those students who do not want to take the conventional route can always opt for law because apart from being financially lucrative, the challenge and the uniqueness attached with this profession makes it more attractive and glamorous.

In our day to day life the need of a legal adviser for various reasons is simply undeniable. But it should be remembered that this is one course where more than academic excellence, experience and professional competency counts. Just a degree wont be able to fetch you all success until and unless you have the presence of mind to stick around.

LLB is a three years course which can be done by students who have completed their graduation. After this you will be eligible to go for LLM even. Apart from LLB lot of diploma courses are also available for you and these courses can be done in several disciplines of law. Listing below a few of them here.

Various Areas of Specialization:
  • Labour Law
  • International Law
  • Patent Law
  • Corporate Law
  • Criminal Law
  • Administration Law
  • Constitutional Law
  • Civil Law
  • Taxation Law

A list of entrance examinations can be given for pursuing this course out of which L.L.B Entrance Test by the Faculty of Law, Delhi is one of the most popular one.This school is one of the best law school in India as it not only attracts students from different parts of India but also from abroad. Students comes from Europe, America and South Africa.

Eligibility Criteria for this exam is as follows:

>>To sit for this exam you need to possess a bachelor's degree or a post graduation degree

>>For the general category the percentage to secure is 50 percent of marks.

>>For the OBC category or for widows or ex-service personnel the percentage to secure is 45 percent of marks.

>>Even the persons with disabilities are entitled to get a relaxation of 5 percentage.

>>For the SC/ST candidates there is no percentage to maintain as such which means if they are able to manage the pass marks somehow then they will be considered eligible to give the examination.

>>The maximum age limit for pursuing this three years' duration course is 30 years. This rule has been set by the Bar Council of India.

For this entrance exam questions will come from the following sections:

English Language Comprehension

Analytical Abilities

Legal Awareness

General Awareness

General Knowledge

For this examination you will generally get multiple choice type questions to answer. For each right answer you will get 4 marks and for every negative answer they will deduct one mark from your original score. Total marks alloted for the examination is 700 and generally the cut off marks for this exam is 370 to 400 marks.

Hope this helps
13th August 2012, 10:59 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

First of all there is no need to tell whether you will do BA LL.B. or LL.B., as who completes LL.B. degree after Bachelor of Arts is called B.A. LL.B.

LL.B. - Bachelor of Law is a three years under Graduate course in Law which can be pursed after Graduation in any stream.

The candidate having completed Graduation in any stream with at least 40% marks from a recognised University within the age of 30 years is eligible to apply for LL.B. course.

Some reputed institutions conduct entrance exam like CLAT(Common Law Admission Test) for admission to LL.B. course others conduct admission on the basis of marks secured in Graduation level.

You can also pursed LL.B. after 12th standard which is called as Integrated Law of five years duration by appearing through entrance exam like CLAT.

The candidate having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream with at least 50% marks from a recognised Board within the age of 20 years, is eligible to apply for CLAT.
13th August 2012, 11:05 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

First of all there is no need to tell whether you will do BA LL.B. or LL.B., as who completes LL.B. degree after Bachelor of Arts is called B.A. LL.B.

LL.B. - Bachelor of Law is a three years under Graduate course in Law which can be pursed after Graduation in any stream.

The candidate having completed Graduation in any stream with at least 40% marks from a recognised University within the age of 30 years is eligible to apply for LL.B. course.

Some reputed institutions conduct entrance exam like CLAT(Common Law Admission Test) for admission to LL.B. course others conduct admission on the basis of marks secured in Graduation level.

You can also pursed LL.B. after 12th standard which is called as Integrated Law of five years duration by appearing through entrance exam like CLAT.

The candidate having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream with at least 50% marks from a recognised Board within the age of 20 years, is eligible to apply for CLAT.
16th August 2012, 01:24 AM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hi...!

• To get admission in LLB first you need to give CLAT entrance test.Depending upon your rank you will get the admission.
  • CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test
CLAT ELIGIBILITY

Interested candidate should have passed +2 with atleast 50%marks from recognized board.

Relaxation of marks is there for SC/ST/OBC candidates.

Before applying for CLAT exam you must have to pass your +2 class,

AGE CRITERIA

For general category-20 years

for SC/ST -22 years

CLAT SYLLABUS

Elementary mathematics

General english

General knowledge

Current affairs

Legal aptitude

Logical reasoning

With Regards
Guri Kaur
4th September 2012, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

what subjects should i opt in B.A in order to do LLb after that???
8th February 2013, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

I am student of 12th class and I want do b.a.l.l.b in d.u. plz give information how can I do
2nd May 2013, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

PLEASE TELL ME BENEFITS OF ONLY B L S COURSE
4th July 2013, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

i want to ask u that which college is best for llb in kanpur uttarpradesh....???
13th July 2013, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

what is the subjects of llb after ba?
27th September 2013, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

I am doing my ballb course now . But after 2 years of ba completion if i wish to do mba on ba degree is it possible
That taking out admission from llb.i. can.do mba.on.ba. degree
21st May 2014, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

i want do ba llb but i have no any information i want full detail about ba llb course,subject ,area,n ha how can we given clat exam all detail i m sociology student so pls tell me best area in sociology subject
7th June 2014, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do LLB after Graduation from Externally or In the Evening College....and which Offers such facility and what impact can happen on us by external...???
26th July 2014, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

Sir/mam I am pursuing political science(h) from zakir hussain delhi college(du).
Now I am in final year and very interested in law.
But I dont know how to prepare for law enterence exam. I even dont know which subject should I choose in law.
Please help me.
4th January 2015, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

My name is Abhishek Goyal
I m in 3rd year and my result will be in august2015...
ND then I want to do l l b ..
so plss help me out to do so..
thankfully
22nd January 2015, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

I have passed the graduation from kakatia university warangal in one sitting am I eligible to add mission in l.l.b 3 year course
22nd June 2015, 05:13 AM
Unregistered

Sir I'm pavithra...in clatter exam how much percentage want to taken by s.c / s.t candidate after completing the one degree ? How many seats allotted for them ? Pls answer my questions sor it will help me
4th July 2017, 10:54 AM
Unregistered

I HAVE PASSED PLUS TWO I AM TAKING BA HINDI IN KERALA OPEN UNIVERSITY AFTER FINISHING BA IN THESE I HAVE TO JOIN FOR LLB IN GOVERNMENT LAW COLLEGE
13th May 2019, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

For studying LLB I need to have graduated, right? So does that mean I have to do BA first or can I directly go for LLB?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?