6th November 2011, 03:18 PM
Shruti kumari.

Should I go for MCA or MBA after doing BCA?

After BCA what is suitable for me MCA /MBA....cuold u please tell me which is the best ne

6th November 2011, 04:47 PM
VegaSridhar

Default Re: Should I go for MCA or MBA after doing BCA?

Hi Friend,

Compared to MCA , MBA has so many opportunities to grow up in a company.Being an MCA your growth would be confined to only technical field. But being MBA holder, you can expect so many managerial roles. You could be part of top level management if you from IIMs or good B-School.

And moreover, MBA is so lucrative field with highest salaries and corporate exposure compared to MCA.

All The Best

Vega Sridhar
6th November 2011, 05:08 PM
VegaSridhar

Hi,

Compared to MCA, MBA is the most lucrative field i nall aspects.

1. MBA from IIM or top rated B-School gives you an opportunity to play a key role in management.
2. Highest salaries are paid to MBA holders compared to MCA people.
3.The corporate exposure you get while you are studying MBA is excellent compard to MCA study.
4. You will have bright career as you can play beyond techcnial field.
5.MCA is good , but if your aim is to grow p fast and attain good position in management of a company, MBA is the best option.

All The Best

Vega Sridhar
6th November 2011, 05:25 PM
rudramishra

If you have completed BCA then then IT will be easier to do MCA, as you know the basics in BBA.But if you want to do MBA you should only opt for good colleges.
6th November 2011, 05:45 PM
anncie10

Smile Re: Should I go for MCA or MBA after doing BCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shruti kumari. View Post
After BCA what is suitable for me MCA /MBA....cuold u please tell me which is the best ne
HI ,

I can clearly understand the level of dilemma you are into now. After completing BCA, i suggest it is a wise option to go in for MCA. It would give you a better hold as an IT person.

In case you choose to do MBA, I can tell you that you would surely face the following difficulties,

1. Initially you will have trouble picking up accounts.
2. All concepts would be new to you.
3. The learning curve may deepen.

It is always a wise choice to go in for MCA. As an MCA graduate you stand a chance to get a good position into any field which requires IT.

I have given the advise but it is upto you to decide.

All the best.

Please do let me know in case you require any assistance.
6th November 2011, 06:00 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Hello,
MBA & MCA both vary in difference,but the sure shot is both are Booming and Emerging field of corporate sector..
If we talk about, MCA-
*The most appealing degree for CS candidat..
*If you wanna to groom your Master degree then after MCA,you can opt certificate course of CS..i.e. ALCCS(Advance Level Course in Computer Science),from IETE which is valued as MTech.for which you can visit-www.iete.org
~And if we talk about MBA-
*The most Demandable and Appealing degree in corporate sector.
*If you are much more interested to settle your carrier in management,then MBA will be best option for you.
On examining the facts you can choose your carrier option in which your interest is the most,because 'you can pay more attention in which your interest is'.
So, 'choose what your will is,choice is yours'.
Ok, Best of luck.
6th November 2011, 07:08 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Should I go for MCA or MBA after doing BCA?

Quote:
Should I go for MCA or MBA after doing BCA?

Both MBA and MCA field are considered good but i will suggest you to go for MCA rather than MBA due to your computer background .You have already completed Bachelor in computer application and will be better for you to complete Master degree in the same field.

Doing MCA will be easy for you and also for getting good job in software fields today , you must complete MCA .

However you can also go for MBA , if you have any kind of interest in Management field. But MBA field is basically suggested for Commerce students .

So the decision depends upon your choice .If you want to make your career in software or computer fields then you should go for MCA and if you are interested in Management field ,then MBA will be the best choice for you .

With Regards
ravik1214
6th November 2011, 07:51 PM
miiky

Doing MCA will be easy for you and also for getting good job in software fields today like
1. TCS
2. CTS
3. INFOSIS
4. Patni Computers
5. Wipro
6. L&T Infotech
7. Tech Mahindra
8. Mahindra Satyam
9. Mphasis
10. Many PSU companies

You have already completed Bachelor in computer application and will be better for you to complete Master degree in the same field.However you can also go for MBA , if you have any kind of interest in Management field. But MBA field is basically suggested for Commerce students .
6th November 2011, 10:56 PM
krishna76743

Quote:

M.C.A and M.B.A are two different fields.The former one is based on computer applications field while the latter one deals with management field.As u have done your graduation on computer background so it will be good for you if you go for M.C.A and if you are interested in management then opt for MBA so do make a correct decision and whatever decision that u make just go ahead with and never regret about in later part of your life.
7th November 2011, 10:36 AM
sathish0038

hi,

BCA means Bachelor of computer applications. it is equal to the computer science in graduate level .

After completed BCA you have a chance to go MCA/MBA or any government posts.

MCA is related to your BCA according to your interest you can join any one. there is no restrictions for these two courses after I-CET you can join

all the best
12th February 2012, 02:02 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

you a better hold as an IT person.In case you choose to do MBA, I can tell you that you would surely face the following difficulties,1. Initially you will have trouble picking up accounts.
2. All concepts would be new to you.
3. The learning curve may deepen.It is always a wise choice to go in for MCA. As an MCA graduate you stand a chance to get a good position into any field which requires IT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?