13th May 2017, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

Should I opt for MBBS or go for a graduation? Which has wider scope MBBS or other graduation courses?

I had just passed my 12th and in a confusion what should I do now I have interest and my dream is too of becoming a doctor but my father is going to retire and my brother sister are young still. My father said that I don't have to worry and do that what I want, but I am in a damn confusing situation. Please help what should I do?? Should I do what I had thought of or go through any graduation course as scope is much wider than MBBS the graduation..

13th May 2017, 09:26 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I opt for MBBS or go for a graduation? Which has wider scope MBBS or other graduation courses?

If your parents are with you then you need not worry. You must pursue course which you like. MBBS is a professional course and has more scope as compared to any other general bachelor's degree. Admission in MBBS is done through National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

NEET is conducted by CBSE every year for admission of candidates in MBBS and BDS courses. To apply for this exam, a candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology and minimum of 50% is required in 12th.

You can clear this exam to get admission in top colleges of MBBS. Other than NEET, you can apply for AIIMS entrance exam.
13th May 2017, 09:45 PM
ranu shahi

Default Re: Should I opt for MBBS or go for a graduation? Which has wider scope MBBS or other graduation courses?

I suggest you to do what you want. If you are interested to opt MBBS so, go for it. people should do those things in which they are interested. And please do not take tension of money because there are various banks which give the education loan for higher studies. So, do your hard labour to crack NEET and AIIMS and other state level medical entrance test.
14th May 2017, 08:15 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Without any doubt, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery has more scope than any other graduation course. If you are interested in MBBS course then you must opt for this course.

Eligibility criteria for MBBS is:

1. You must have done 12th with PCB subjects. Board appearing candidates can also apply for the exam.

2. Minimum age limit to apply for exam is 17 years.

You will have to apply for NEET exam. NEET is competitive exam for MBBS course. Next year exam dates will come in December, 2017.
14th May 2017, 05:19 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become doctor and interested in pursuing you must prepare for NEET examination and qualify in examination for admission in best government medical colleges.

Yes, first of all it is your duty to convince your father to let you study the course of your choice so that you can do better.

For admission in MBBS course candidates have to qualify in NEET examination conducted by CBSE.

Yes, all other graduation courses also have better options but it does not matter as you are not interested in it.
15th May 2017, 03:51 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Your dream is to become doctor then you should opt for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery course. MBBS has wider scope than any other graduation course.

Entrance exam for MBBS: National Eligibility cum Entrance test.

Eligibility criteria:

Academic qualification: 10+2 with PCB and minimum 50% marks.

Age criteria: 17 years at least on 31st December of year of exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?