1st May 2016, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

Does MBBS course considered to be a graduation or not? Am I eligible for IAS if I have completed MBBS?

Sir/Mam,

If a MBBS qualified student is willing to be IAS then graduation is required or he can directly prepare of exam? Can someone please provide me the details on the same? I need to know if I can start applying for the IAS exam and prepare for it.

1st May 2016, 09:25 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does MBBS course considered to be a graduation or not? Am I eligible for IAS if I have completed MBBS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

If a MBBS qualified student is willing to be IAS then graduation is required or he can directly prepare of exam? Can someone please provide me the details on the same? I need to know if I can start applying for the IAS exam and prepare for it.
Yes, MBBS course considered to be a graduation degree.

Yes, you can apply for IAS exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
1st May 2016, 03:58 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does MBBS course considered to be a graduation or not? Am I eligible for IAS if I have completed MBBS?

Yes, MBBS course is considered as graduation degree and after completion of your MBBS degree, you are very much eligible to appear for IAS examination as the minimum eligibility requirement in order to appear for the examination is that the candidate should have completed their graduation from a recognized University, should be a citizen of India and should be aged in between 21 to 30 years.
1st May 2016, 10:31 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. This is considered as bachelor's degree to apply for Civil Services examination.

You are eligible for Civil Services examination after MBBS. The age limit for examination is 21-32 years. You can start your preparation from NCERT books of social science, science etc. This will form fundamental base for your preparation.

You can join any good coaching institute for preparation or also you can do self preparation through standard books but self study will require enough dedication and determination.

Some of the best institutes are:

1. ALS Tutorials.

2. Vajiram and Ravi IAS study circle.

3. Rau's IAS study circle.

4. Vision IAS.
2nd May 2016, 12:32 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and it is five year undergraduate course.

The course is equivalent to bachelor degree and as per eligibility to appear for Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC candidates must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university.

So, no doubt you are eligible to appear for examination. You have to qualify in all stages of examination for final recruitment as an I.A.S. For other details visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
2nd May 2016, 12:56 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

Yes, the MBBS course considered to be graduation for studying IAS. The UPSC is conducting the examinations for the civil service selection. The eligibility to appear for the civil services is a pass in bachelor’s degree. The upper age limit is 32 years for general category, for OBC 35 years and for SC/ST 37 years. There are Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Interview for the selection. The UPSC Civil Services Examination notification pdf link is given Official website.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?