15th August 2012, 11:19 AM
shanu.9410

Am I eligible to give IES Exam being a candidate from EEE stream in B.Tech course?

sir I AM B-TECH FROM ELECTRICAL&ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING.AM I ELIGIBLE FOR IES ENTRENCE EXAME?

15th August 2012, 12:11 PM
srihari sudi

Default Re: Am I eligible to give IES Exam being a candidate from EEE stream in B.Tech course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanu.9410 View Post
sir I AM B-TECH FROM ELECTRICAL&ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING.AM I ELIGIBLE FOR IES ENTRENCE EXAME?
Dear shanu,
Being a student of EEE stream you are quite eligible for appearing IES entrance exam. IES a platform for obtaining brightfull career you must study with an optimum effort and dedication.
Wishing you good luck and hope you have a bright future
15th August 2012, 12:29 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give IES Exam being a candidate from EEE stream in B.Tech course?

Most people would recognise Indian Engineering Services Examination as IES exam. It is a annual exam which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Through this exam, various engineering posts in the central government are filled.

Apart from the Public Sector Undertakings, IES exam is the only way for B.Tech candidates to get jobs related to their field. The advantages of working in central government are useless to point out. The main factor is job security which would count for a lot these days considering the economic crisis in the country. Not to mention that pay is also not bad.

Bascially candidates who have completed B.Tech degree in the following streams are eligible to appear in IES exam:

Civil Engineering

Electrical Engineering

Mechanical engineering

Electronics and Communication Engineering.

As far as the jobs are concerned, there are plenty of jobs in various government sectors. IES does not cover Public Sector Undertakings, an common mistake made by the people. The jobs depends on your B.Tech stream. For example, if you have compelted B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering then you are eligible for jobs in departments like:

Indian Railway Service of Engineers.

Central Engineering Service.

Indian Defence Service of Engineers (Civil Engineering Posts).

Indian Ordance Factories Services etc

Eligibility:

You need to have B.Tech degree in the branches that I have already mentioned above.

Those who are in final year of B.Tech course are also eligible to apply.

The age limit is 21 to 30 years as on August 1 of examination year.

There is relaxation in upper age limit for reserve categories as per the central government rules.
15th August 2012, 02:04 PM
BHAUMIK K. PATEL

Most people would recognise Indian Engineering Services Examination as IES exam. It is a annual exam which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Through this exam, various engineering posts in the central government are filled.

Eligibility:

You need to have B.Tech degree in the branches that I have already mentioned above.

There is relaxation in upper age limit for reserve categories as per the central government rules.

ALL THE BEST.
15th August 2012, 03:59 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,

IES EXAM STANDS FOR INDIAN ENGINEERING EXAM WHICH IS CONDUCTED BY UPSC.
IES-2012 Eligibility Criteria
Age limits: 21-30 years on 1st August of the year of Examination. (Upper age limit relax able for SCs/Sts, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).
Educational Qualifications: A degree in Engineering from a recognised university or equivalent. M.Sc degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subjects also acceptable for certain Services/posts only.
Candidates appearing at their engineering degree or equivalent examination are also eligible to compete. Candidates qualifying on the result of the written part of the Examina tion will be required to submit the proof of passing the requisite examination along with their detailed application form to be filled up at that stage.
Fee: Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically Handicapped only.
For more-www.upsc.gov.in
15th August 2012, 06:01 PM
singhhr23

IES exam is conducted by UPSC.
For IES exam you just need to have a degree of Engineering and as you have done B.tech in EEE stream so you can apply for this exam but your age must be between 21 to 30 years.
The written examination will comprise two sections-Section I consisting only of objective types of questions and Section II of conventional papers. Personality test carrying a maximum of 200 marks of such of the candidates who qualify on the basis of the written examination.

Educational Eligibility Criteria:

A degree in Engineering from a recognised university or equivalent. M.Sc degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subjects also acceptable for certain Services/posts only.

Candidates appearing at their engineering degree or equivalent examination are also eligible to complete.

Thanks..

15th August 2012, 06:17 PM
rch91

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanu.9410 View Post
Yes being an EEE student you can appear for IES exam. You can give exam after Btech or during your Final year also.Age limit required for IES exam is 21 to 30 years.
15th August 2012, 06:27 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IES - INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE, the exam for which is conducted by UPSC once every year for recruitment of engineers to the top technical post in the various Dept. under Central Govt.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech. exam or pass in any stream preferably in Electrical/Mechanical/Civil/Electronics & Telecommunication stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview.

The aspiring candidate of B.Tech. degree holder from any stream can apply for IES but he has to write on any one of the branch from Electrical/Mechanical/Civil/Electronics & Telecommunication.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th August 2012, 06:50 PM
samatha89
Member+

Apart from the Public Sector Undertakings, IES exam is the only way for B.Tech candidates to get jobs related to their field. The advantages of working in central government are useless to point out. The main factor is job security which would count for a lot these days considering the economic crisis in the country. Not to mention that pay is also not bad.

Bascially candidates who have completed B.Tech degree in the following streams are eligible to appear in IES exam:

Civil Engineering

Electrical Engineering

Mechanical engineering

As far as the jobs are concerned, there are plenty of jobs in various government sectors. IES does not cover Public Sector Undertakings, an common mistake made by the people. The jobs depends on your B.Tech stream. For example, if you have compelted B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering then you are eligible for jobs in departments like:

Eligibility:

30th August 2012, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherleytwain View Post

Civil Engineering

Electrical Engineering

Mechanical engineering

Eligibility:

abe chutiye, pata nhi hai to kyun bakta hai..saale koi bhi branch se engg pass kiye ho..ies de sakte ho ladoor..knowlwdge na ho to baka na karo...
18th May 2013, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

how to preaper for IES examination
15th July 2013, 10:57 PM
Ankur.Sunny

IES : Indian Engineering Service

IES Exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year namely as Engineering Service Examination.

Eligibility for IES Exam :

• You should have completed Bachelor degree course in Engineering/Technology from recognized university in following Trade :
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics & Communication Engineering

• Final Year Graduates are also eligible to apply for IES Exam.

Age Criteria for IES Exam :

• For General category the Age must be between 21 to 30 years.

• For SC/ST category the Age must be between 21 to 35 years.

• For OBC category the Age must be between 21 to 33 years.

• For PWD candidate Age must be between 21 to 40 years.

Pattern for IES Exam :

For further details, goto : www.upsc.gov.in
16th July 2013, 01:01 PM
harishbanu

Hai, You are eligible to appear in IES exam being a candidate of EEE stream. IES means Indian Engineeing Services.
The branches which are eligible to appear IES are:-
1.Electronic and Communication Engineering.
2.Mechanical Engineering.
3.Civil Engineering.
4.Electrical Engineering.
The branches which are not eligible are:-
1. Computer Science and Engineering.
2. Information Technology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?