14th November 2016, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose for education to apply for NDA entrance test?

Respected Sir, I want to appear for NDA entrance test but I am confused which stream should I choose for my education to apply for NDA entrance test? Please answer as soon as possible.

15th November 2016, 05:12 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose for education to apply for NDA entrance test?

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and to join the same one has to qualify NDA entrance examination which is organized UPSC twice every year.

* The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

a) You must be an unmarried Indian male citizen.

b) You must have completed your Class 12th in any discipline from a recognized board of examination. Here to join Indian Navy or Indian Air force you must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English in the same class.

c) Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years. Also you must have physical fitness as per the service requirement.

Now as far as you are concerned about the selection of stream in your Class 12th in order to join NDA, then it is evident that you can go for any stream of your choice as all stream students are allowed to appear in NDA examination. But in my suggestion you must opt for science stream with PCM group as it would offer you the opportunity in Indian Navy and Indian Air force as well as it would help you clear your Mathematics paper of NDA Written examination. Also, the stream has much more brighter scope than any other stream apart from the option of NDA.

For more details about NDA examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th November 2016, 07:43 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose for education to apply for NDA entrance test?

If you are interested to apply for NDA entrance examination then, it is best to opt for Science stream for pursuing your 11th and 12th standard.

If you are interested to join in Indian Navy or Air Force then, you need to opt for Non-Medical Science stream for pursuing your 11th and 12th standard. You can pursue any stream of your interest in 11th and 12th standard if you are interested to join Indian Army through NDA examination.
15th November 2016, 08:08 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

For NDA exam the minimum qualification required is 12th class from a recognized board.
Education Qualification:
1) For Indian Army Wing: The interested candidate must qualified 12th class from a recognized board/University or Candidate Pursuing in 12th or equivalent examination can also apply.
2) For Air force and Indian Navy: The applicant must have qualified or pursuing in 12th with Mathematics and Physics from a recognized board or University.

NATIONALITY:
> The applicant should be a citizen of India, or a subject of Nepal, or a subject of Bhutan, or a Tibetan Migrate who came the India before the 1 January 1962 with the purpose of eternally settle in India.
> Unmarried candidate are only eligible to appear in the NDA exam.

Age Group:
Candidate having age group between 16.5 year to 19.5 year are eligible for NDA exam.
15th November 2016, 08:28 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and to join the same for becoming a commissioned officer in Indian defense sector you need to appear and qualify NDA entrance examination.

NDA entrance examinations are held twice every year by UPSC, one in the month of April ( NDA I) and second in the month of September ( NDA II ). Also the examination is held in two stages which includes Written Test and SSB interview respectively.

As fas as you are concerned about the stream of your academics for NDA, then you can opt for any stream as per your strength as any Class 12th passed candidate is allowed to appear in NDA entrance examination. But mind one thing that if your academics does not include Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as main subjects then you are not eligible for joining Indian Navy or Indian Air force wings of NDA.

For further details and eligibility criteria about NDA you can visit its official link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th November 2016, 09:57 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and the entrance examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed or pursuing 12th from a recognised board.

The examination is conducted for recruitment in Air Force, Navy and Army.

Army - In any stream.

Air Force and Navy - Must have mathematics and Physics as main paper.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. So, select the stream as according to the wing you want to join.

The examination is conducted in two stages as written and SSB. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th November 2016, 10:30 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I want to appear for NDA entrance test but I am confused which stream should I choose for my education to apply for NDA entrance test? Please answer as soon as possible.
NDA stands for National Defence Service exam.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. If your 12th standard subjects are Physics and Mathematics then you are eligible for Indian Navy and Indian Air Force otherwise Indian Army. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
15th November 2016, 10:42 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to appear for NDA entrance examination is :

Candidate must have passed 12th or pursuing from a recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

For

Air Force - Candidate must have Mathematics and Physics as main paper.

Navy - Candidate must have Mathematics and Physics as main paper.

Army - Candidate must have passed in any stream.

So,if you want to get recruitment in Army you are eligible to pursue any stream. The examination is conducted in two stages as written and SSB. Candidates have to qualify in both stages for final recruitment.

The written examination is conducted in month of April and September.
15th November 2016, 11:02 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Candidates passed 12th in any stream from a recognised board are eligible to appear for NDA entrance examination.

But for recruitment in Air Force or Navy wing it is necessary that candidate must have physics and mathematics as main paper in 12th examination.

So, there is no need to get confused. The age limit to appear for examination is 16.5 - 19.5 years.
15th November 2016, 11:07 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. Every year UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts NDA exam twice a year in order to recruit the candidates into the following defence services
Army wing
Navy wing
Airfore wing

In order to be eligible to apply for this exam, one should have completed 12th class.

If you want to apply for Army wing, then any stream in 12th class would be fine.

But if you want to make entry into Navy and Air Force wings, you must have completed your 12th class with Mathematics and Physics subjects.

In addition you should be in the age group of 16.5 years to 19 years.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for this Exam.

Female candidates are not allowed to give this Exam.

As per this criteria, choose the respective stream in 12th class and get good percentage of marks.

Along with your regular academics, try to spend few hours of your time in a day towards preparation for NDA Exam so that it would be easy for you to crack this Exam.

If time permits, I suggest you to go for Coaching as there is heavy competition for this Exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?