9th December 2012, 01:11 AM
ricky444

Which stream should I choose in NDA after passing 12th class

I am in 12th class but i m very weak in maths so which stream i can choose in NDA ?

9th December 2012, 09:51 AM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in NDA after passing 12th class

Hi Guest,

In order to join in NDA it is better if you take PCM if you are interested in Navy or Air Force.

If you want to go for Army, there is no selection of PCM, you can select any of the streams and later can get selected.

Thank you,

All the best.
9th December 2012, 12:25 PM
denwer1

Smile Re: Which stream should I choose in NDA after passing 12th class

Dear friend..hi!!

National Defence academy(NDA) is a defence establishment situated in pune.It is a joint service academy of the Indian armed forces. It train cadets who become the future officers of in the three forces i.e, army, navy and air force.
Basically there are three courses which are offered in NDA.
-> Bsc.IT
-> Bsc.gen. science
-> B.A.

Choosing a stream is totally dependent on you. However i suggest you to opt for bsc. IT as now a days it is the most required branch in all kind of jobs. But your interest also counts a lot.
9th December 2012, 02:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky444 View Post
I am in 12th class but i m very weak in maths so which stream i can choose in NDA ?

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and this examination is conducted by UPSC Twice in a year for the Recruitment of Army, Naval and Air Force Wings .

If you have completed 12th standard from science background then you are applicable for all post conducted by NDA .

So if you can choose science stream after 12th standard then you are applicable for all branches in NDA Exam.If you

You are weak in Mathematics so you can choose Arts subjects .But after arts stream you are eligible only for Indian Army post .

Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years old.You must be unmarried male candidate and you have citizenship of India.

For more detail regarding NDA visit UPSC official website: http://upsc.gov.in
9th December 2012, 06:37 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Any stream can apply for NDA exam if you want to join Indian Army only.

But if you want to join Navy or Air force then make sure that you complete 10+2 with physics and mathematics.

But you have to satisfy some other criteria which are as follows :

-Should have age between 16.5 to 19 years.

-Should be unmarried male.

-Should be a Indian Citizen

Hence if you satisfy above criteria then you can apply for NDA exam . This exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. For online application visit http://www.upsconline.nic.in

The selection in NDA is based on following stages :

-Objective type paper

-SSB interview

-Medical Examination

If you score good marks and you are high on merit then you will get the post if you are declared fit by Medical Board.

For more information you can visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
9th December 2012, 07:05 PM
vermaabhi

Smile Re: Which stream should I choose in NDA after passing 12th class

To join NDA you have to be graduate in one of the following streams:

1.Physics

2.Chemistry

3.Arts

4.Commerce

with at least 60% in aggregate. then you will be eligible for the entrance examinations.
The Science stream offers studies in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Computer Science. The Humanities (Liberal Arts) stream offers studies in History, Economics, Political Science, Geography and Languages.
In both streams, academic studies are split into three categories of courses.
9th December 2012, 10:54 PM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Which stream should I choose in NDA after passing 12th class

Quote:
Dear Aspirant,

First of all apply for the NDA exam. The last date for online submission is 22nd December, 2012 to 21st January, 2013 till 11.59 p.m after that the link will not be available.So hurry up.Apply Here @ Official UPSC Website.

Don't worry about the maths.Be positive and work on the maths regularly.Even i used to fear same like you but now i completed my B.Tech successfully. It all depends on what we think.

If we think that this area i am weak.you will be weak.But try thinking like i can do this thing.Then see the difference you will gain confidence and able to the maths problems very easily.

Every NDA subject contains Maths related things in its course. so you cannot escape from maths.Because without maths there is nothing in this world. Every where we use maths. Try what i said definitely you will achieve a nice improvement in your maths.

So all the best for your future endeavor's.

Any more Queries.
Don't Hesitate am happy to help you just ping to my profile.

Best Regards,
Sampath.
10th December 2012, 12:22 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

My dear Friend,in order to appear for this exam you will require Mathematics as one of the main subject.Thus you will be able to choose for Navy and Air-force stream under the NDA exam.

Thus if you want to appear for this exam you should work hard in Mathematics.

In order to appear for this exam you will require the following eligibility:-

>>You must be a citizen of India/Nepal/Bhutan.
>>Your age should be between 16.5 years to 19 years.
>>You must be passed out in 10+2 exam.
>>You must have science stream in 10+2.
>>Your necessary subjects in 10+2 should be Physics,Mathematics.

The exams will be taken in two phases.
@General sections.
@Subjective sections.

General sections will include questions from:-

>>English .
>>General Knowledge.
>>Elementary Mathematics.

Total duration of each paper is 2 hours.
Total marks of each paper is 100.

Subjective sections will include questions from:-

>>Physics.
>>Chemistry.
>>Mathematics.

If you will apply for Officers Training Academy then the questions will come only from following sections:-

>>English.
>>General Awareness.

Each paper will be of 2 hours.
Total marks of each paper will be 100 marks.

10th December 2012, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

i'm prasuing b com part III from nalanda open university. what r explaine me about this university he recongnise(Apprubh) by the ugc. plz help me
10th December 2012, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

please i want a project topic for my Bsc Mathematic
11th December 2012, 01:08 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which stream should I choose in NDA after passing 12th class

Quote:
Hi

NDA is an Entrance Examination organized and conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year for the recruitment of the candidates on the basis of their performances in that exam.

It stands for the National Defense Academy. Its conducted twice every year in the months of April and August. It is done for the recruitment purpose of Indian Defense cadre in Army, Navy and Air Force.
There are certain minimum Eligibility Conditions which you are to satisfy and meet if you want yourself to be eligible for attempting this exam. They are listed as follows :-

-> The applicant should be ONLY AN UNMARRIED MALE INDIAN. Females are not eligible to apply for this exam.
-> The age should only be between 16.5 to 19 years as in the year of applying.
-> No minimum percentage of marks is mentioned but the applicant should be a minimum 12th pass candidate from a recognized and known school or educational institution.
-> ONLY Science candidates are open to apply for ALL the 3 wings, whereas the Commerce and Arts students can ONLY APPLY FOR THE Army wing.
-> Lastly the PHYSICAL AND MENTAL fitness is a must to be a part of the Defense Services.

IFF you satisfy these, then you can consider your applicability for the NDA Exam. Talking of which wing you should go for, when you are weak in mathematics, I would suggest ARMY WING for you.
This is because the Air Force and Naval wings have technical studies in then and a good knowledge about Maths, Physics is necessary for it.

Thus you can easily get through in the Army wing, provided you crack NDA. The tentative date of notification is 21-12-2012. The last date to apply for it would be about 20-01-2013 and the Exam date is on 7th April 2013 which is again a Sunday.

For more info, Please Click Here..

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
13th December 2012, 08:15 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

For NDA it is always better to choose Science stream in 11th standard so that you can apply for all the three wings of NDA and chose any one of your choice of stream.

NDA - National Defence Academy, the entrance exam for which is conducted twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II to join Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental health.

The candidate without having Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subject of studies in 12th is not eligible to apply for Indian Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
23rd December 2013, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

I have choose first army, 2nd navy,3rd air force,4th naval acc. I wanna go in navy but i have choosed at 2nd position so can i go in navy?
30th January 2014, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

sir i have opted naval academy in 4th choice and air force in 1st choice but i want to go in naval academy . how can i go .please suggest something.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?