13th May 2013, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NDA after passing class 12th?

i will go in class 12th,can i applied nda and pls give me info

25th August 2013, 11:07 AM
nishi513

Default Re: Can I apply for NDA after passing class 12th?

HI FRIEND
## NDA exam is conducted by UPSC two times in a year to recruit the candidates in ARMY,NAVY and AIRFORCE wings of National Defence Academy
## Age limit to apply for NDA exam is 16 1/2 to 19 years and unmarried male candidates only are eligible to apply
## Educational qualification required to apply for AIRFORCE,NAVY WINGS is 12th pass in 10+2 pattern with physics,mathematics subjects & for ARMY WING is 12th pass in 10+2 pattern from recognised institution
## For further details please visit www.upsc.gov.in

** ALL THE BEST **
26th August 2013, 04:13 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
National Defence Academy (NDA) entrance examination is conducted twice in every year (named as NDA-I and NDA-II) by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for the selection in the different wing of the NDA. If you are more interested in the NDA field then to appear in the NDA examination you need following criteria.

Eligibility Criteria for NDA Examination.
--> The minimum educational qualification is pass 12th class from a recognize board. 12th board exam appearing student can also apply for NDA.
--> The age must be between 16 1/2 to 19 years at the time of examination.

NOTE :- Only Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for the NDA examination. Female candidates are not eligible for NDA examination.

These are the basic eligibility criteria for the NDA entrance examination. If you satisfy the above eligibility criteria then you are eligible to apply for the NDA examination. For any more information regarding NDA examination please visit the official website of the UPSC. :~ http://www.upsc.gov.in
26th August 2013, 06:42 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for NDA entrance examination after completing 12th. Your age must be between 16 1/2 and 19 years. Male candidates with the status of unmarried can apply. UPSC conducts NDA examination at least 2 times a year. Topics on basic mathematics and aptitude are mainly asked for the exam.
27th August 2013, 10:01 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

NDA stand for National Defence Service Exam.This exam is conduct twice time in a year. NDA Examination is conducted in 3 wings:-Indian Air Force , Indian Navy and Indian Army .

You must be Completed 12th standard with minimum marks then you are applicable for NDA exam.There is no percentage criteria for the candidate.Final year of 12th standard can apply here .12th with Physics and mathematics can apply all wings other wise Indian Army .

The candidate age should between 16.5 years to 19 years.There is no age relaxation for Sc/ST candidate . Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply.

Pattern for NDA exam :-

The selection procedure for NDA exam is 1) Written Test 2)Physical Test 3)Medical 4) Personal Interview.

The other Qualification for NDA exam is required is Physical criteria .I have listed the chart of physical criteria .If you have fulfill the physical criteria then you are applicable for NDA exam.

The other Physical criteria are given below-

Running 2-4 Km in 15 minutes.
Skipping
Pushups and sit ups (minimum 20 each)
Chin ups (minimum 08)
Rope climbing 3-4 meters

NDA Notification for 2014:-

N.D.A. & N.A. EXAM.(I), 2014

DATE OF NOTIFICATION:- 21.12.2013
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS:- 20.01.2014 (MONDAY)
DATE OF COMMENCEMENT OF EXAM:- 20.04.2014 (SUNDAY)

N.D.A. & N.A. EXAM.(II), 2014

DATE OF NOTIFICATION:- 21.06.2014
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS:- 21.07.2014 (MONDAY)
DATE OF COMMENCEMENT OF EXAM:- 28.09.2014 (SUNDAY)

You can get more information regarding the exam at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in

29th August 2013, 11:00 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Through the National Defense Academy Entrance Examination the recruitment of candidates to the Army, Naval and Airforce wing is done. The duration of the training is three years and this exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.

Important Dates 2014:-

Date of Notification:- 21st Dec 2013
Last Date for Form Submission:- 20th Jan 2014
Date of NDA Exam:- 20th April 2014

You have to clearly specify in an advance your preferences for the services you wish to apply. You should state as many preferences as possible and you will be considered for those services and nothing else. But it should also be remembered that the result of yours will finally decide whether you will get to join the wing of your choice or not.

This examination is only for the unmarried male candidates who's age falls between the age limit of 16.5 years and 19 years. While the training period is on you cant get married as otherwise you will be discharged.

The educational qualification varies from one wing to the other. For the IMA any 12th passed out candidate can apply. Here the subject or the percentage of marks acquired does not matters at all. For the AFA and NA though the subject matters as you have to have physics and maths at 10+2 level.

Final year students can apply for this exam. Therefore you are eligible to sit for this exam.

For the written exam here are the subjects one needs to stress on:-

Section 1:- Mathematics
Total Questions: 120
Total Marks: 300
Total Time: 2.5 Hours

Section 2:- General Ability Test
Total Questions: 150
Total Marks: 600
Total Time: 2.5 Hours

Hope this helps :-> :->
30th August 2013, 12:29 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Just After Passing Class 12th, You can apply for the UPSC NDA exams if you meet the below eligibilty

Educational Qualifications:
Army Wing-12th Pass in any stream
Navy & Airforce Wing- 12th Pass with Subject Physics and Maths as subjects.

AGE-
Minimum age 16.5 years
Maximum age- 19 years

Only Unmarried Male candidates can apply

Selection Procedure involves:
>> Written Test
>> SSB interview

Papers of the written tests are:
Mathematics of 300 marks
General ability of 600 marks

Next NDA exams would be held in April 2014

Only Candidates born between 2nd January 1996 to 1st July 1998 can apply for these exams
30th August 2013, 09:30 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend..............

Yes, you are eligible for NDA after completion of your 12th standard

The minimum educational qualification required for NDA is 12th standard

NDA stands for National Defense Academy, this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission in yearly twice i.e. NDA - I and NDA - II

NDA have three wings i.e.,,,, Indian Air Force, Indian Army, Indian Navy ,,,,,,,,,

NDA aspirants, first satisfy some eligibility criteria's which is required for NDA examination, if you satisfy these eligibility criteira then you are eligible for NDA EXamination

Eligibility Criteria

The candidate should:

Have a XII Class / Equivalent passed certificate conducted by State Board / Universities. Those appearing for the exam can also apply provided they furnish the proof of passing the Class XII exam at a later date as specified by the UPSC.

Have Physics & Maths in 10+2 if he has applied for Navy & Air Force.

Be an unmarried male.

Be between 16 1/2 to 19 years of age.

Be physically fit.

Exam Pattern

The written test has 2 papers both of which will last for 150 minutes each:

Mathematics: Topics to be covered include Arithmetic, Mensuration, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Statistics

General Ability: This paper includes English & GK. Questions from Physics, Chemistry, General Science, History & Freedom Movement, Geography and Current affairs will be asked in the GK section.

How to Apply

All eligible candidates may apply online through Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) website http://upsconline.nic.in on or before the last date.
1st September 2013, 01:58 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

NDA is the best way to join Indian Defense Service Direct after completing once Higher Secondary Education. NDA stands for the National Defense Academy and this exam is conducted for the Recruitment of best candidate in the following wings........
  • Indian Army
  • Indian Navy
  • Indian Air Force
This exam is conducted by The Union Public Service Commission Twice time in a year Generally in month of December and June Respectively called NDA-I and NDA-II Exam......

Eligibility and Criteria:

A candidate must have completed at least their 12th Std. with the PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Maths) subjects from the Recognized Board Exam can apply for this exam.....

Sine, you have completed your 12th std. then YES, Definitely you are eligible for applying this exam......

Age of candidate strictly be between 16.5 to 19 years.

There is No any Age Relaxation for the Reserved category.

Only Unmarried Male candidate are applicable. Girls are not applicable...

A candidate must have the Citizenship of India....

Physical Requirement:-
  • Height of candidate at least 157 Cm.
  • Chest expansion minimum 5 cm.
  • Vision without corrected glasses 6/9.
  • Vision with corrected glasses 6/6.

Training Duration:-

Three Year for NDA and 1 Years for Indian Military (Army).

Three Year for NDA and 1 Years for Indian Navy.

Three Year for NDA and 1 1/2 Years for Indian Air Force.

Selection Process:-[/COLOR]

• Written Exam
  • SSB Interview and
  • Medical Test

All the best

With Regards.....
Dharm
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?