9th September 2012, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

Which subject should I have to join NDA?

which subjects should i have to join NDA ....please tell me which are they

9th September 2012, 08:47 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject should I have to join NDA?

NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY(NDA) entrance exam is conducted by UPSC twice every year for entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

Though there is no specific subject of studies to join NDA but the candidate having Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th standard can apply for all the three wings of NDA when the candidate without the above subjects is only eligible to apply for Indian Army of NDA.

To be eligible for NDA one must be an Indian unmarried male candidate only having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recogised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental fitness.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
9th September 2012, 05:32 PM
ravichandran_p

Eligibility for NDA and Naval Academy

Nationality:

A candidate must be either:

(a) A citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India. or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.

Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.

Age Limits:

Candidate born not earlier than 2nd July, 1994 and not later than 1st January, 1996.

Educational Qualifications:

For admission to the examination, a candidate must have (any one of the following):

For Army wing of National Defence Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 (Executive Branch) Course at the Naval Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equilvalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
NOTE:
Candidates appearing in the 11th class exam are not eligible for this examination.
Candidates who are debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any type of commission in the Defence Services shall not be eligible for admission to the examination and if admitted, their candidature will be cancelled.
Those candidates who have failed INSB/PABT earlier are not eligible for Air Force.
A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academics of Armed Forces is not eligible to apply.

All the Best
8th February 2013, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

What are the main subject at N.D.A university
9th February 2013, 01:02 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Any stream candidates are eligible for NDA exam, so you 12th standard in any stream completed candidates are eligible for NDA exam.

NDA has three wings they are indian airforce, indian army and indian navy. If you want to apply indian navy and airforce you need to complete 12th standard with Physics, mathematics and chemistry subjects from any recognised board of india. If you want to apply indian army then you have to complete 12th standard in any stream from a recognised board. There is no specific percentage marks to eligible for this exam. You should be physically fit. And one morething is that to apply NDA exam the candidate must be a unmarried and male candidate, otherwise the candidates are not eligible. For NDA exam girls are not eligible. The minimum age limit is 16.5 years and the maximum age limit is 19 years.

And

The candidate should be a citizen of INDIA,

OR

A subject of bhutan,

OR

A subject of nepal,

OR

A subject of tibetian refugee who came over indian permanently.

Selection process is consisting of three stages i.e written examination, SSB interview and medical test. The syllabus for written exam is general ability and mathematics.

The application procedure is through online and also offline.

Physicat standards:-

To know more information about NDA exam just click on below link

http://www.upsc.gov.in[/B]

Best of luck
9th February 2013, 07:32 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands National Defense Academy

NDA Exam Educational Qualification :

Army wing applicant should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized university

Air Force & Naval wings should have passed 10+2 with mathematics & physics subjects from a recognized university

Age limit :

Only unmarried male candidates can apply for this exam.
Candidates should be born between 2nd January 1995 & 1st July 1997

Fee Details :

SC/ST / JCOs / NCOs candidates have no fee

Other candidates pay Hundred rupees fee

NDA Exam wings following three

Indian Army

Indian Air Force

Indian Navy

11th February 2013, 05:08 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend.......

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. This exam conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

NDA has three wings:

Indian Army

Indian Air force

Navy

Eligibility:

Exam Pattern:

Physical Standards:

[IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-V0kQtD5mHws/UI-sBcJ_ovI/AAAAAAAAAIA/Lz1rkhKfO-s/s1600/NDA-Physical-Requirements.jpg[/IMG

I am attaching the file of NDA syllabus.

All the best...........
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20044926.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	130839  
11th February 2013, 06:00 PM
saurav011
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Which subject should I have to join NDA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
You must have done your +2 with PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) to take appear in NDA entrance exam test.

Regards,
Saurav
11th February 2013, 06:40 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

NDA stands for the National Defence academy examinations.This examination is conducted by the UPSC twice every year for getting entrance into the three wings of defense that is Army,Air force and Navy.

The minimum requirement is that you should have passed 10+2 or appearing for it from a recognized board.Now coming to subjects selection.The questions which are generally asked in NDA are from the subjects like:

1.Mathematics

2.General science: Physics.chemistry and biology

3.General awareness

4.English.

So the most preferable subjects will be PCM with english.

There is % criteria in the 10+2 to be eligible for it.

The age limit is 16.5 to 19 years with no age relaxation for anyone.

You must be unmarried male Indian.You should be physically fit and fulfill the requirements.

The examination pattern of both stages that is written and SSB is :

For any other details,please visit www.upsc.gov.in

Hope the information helps you.

all the best

aashisranjan784
11th February 2013, 07:22 PM
man.2013

english
maths
science
11th February 2013, 07:45 PM
mayankt

Hi,
NDA stands for National Defence Acadamy.
NDA Exam:- Recruitment of candidates to Army, Navy and Air force wings of the National Defence Academy (NDA), is through National Defence Academy Entrance Exam which is held twice a year, generally in the month of April and September. NDA exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)

Eligibility Criteria (As obtained from official recruitment website of the Indian Army)
Age between
16 ½ to 19 yrs as of first day of the month inwhich course is due to commence
Qualification
12th Class of 10+2 System of Education/Equivalent for Army and with Physics and Maths for AF/Navy
Marital Status
Unmarried
Application to be Received by
As per UPSC notification
Likely SSB Date
Sep to Oct and Jan to Apr
Date Commencement of Training
Jan and Jul
Training Academy
NDA , Khadakwasla, Pune
Duration of Training
3 Yrs at NDA and 1 Yrs at IMA(For Army cadets)/
3 Yrs at NDA and 1 Yrs at Naval Academy(For Naval cadets)/
3 Yrs at NDA and 1 & 1/2 Yrs at AFA Hyderabad (For AF cadets)

IMPORTANT DATES:-
NDA Exam I
Date of Notification:- 22.12.2012
Last Date of Receipt of Applications:- 21.01.2013
Exam Date:- 14.04.2013 (SUNDAY)
NDA Exam II
Date of Notification:- 04.05.2013
Last Date of Receipt of Applications:- 03.06.2013
Exam Date:- 11.08.2013 (SUNDAY
11th February 2013, 08:22 PM
spider man2906
Senior Member+

Hello friend you have to choose the following subjects in 11th
1. MatheMatics
2. Physics
3. Chemistry

For NDA
1. only unmarried male are eligible
2. Age limit is 16 1/2 - 19 years
3. No age relaxation is given
all the best...........
11th February 2013, 08:28 PM
spider man2906
Senior Member+

Hello friend you have to choose the following subjects in 11th
1. MatheMatics
2. Physics
3. Chemistry

For NDA
1. only unmarried male are eligible
2. Age limit is 16 1/2 - 19 years
3. No age relaxation is given
all the best...........
11th February 2013, 09:29 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Educational Qualifications for NDA:

For admission to the examination,you must have (any one of the following):

For Army wing of National Defence Academy:
12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy
and for the 10+2 (Executive Branch) Course at the Naval Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equilvalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

11th February 2013, 09:31 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Educational Qualifications for NDA:

For admission to the examination,you must have (any one of the following):

For Army wing of National Defence Academy:
12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy
and for the 10+2 (Executive Branch) Course at the Naval Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equilvalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

11th February 2013, 09:35 PM
kshreyaa
Senior Member+

hi

To be eligible for NDA one must be an Indian unmarried male candidate only having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recogised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental fitness.

11th February 2013, 09:37 PM
kshreyaa
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Which subject should I have to join NDA?

hi

11th February 2013, 10:18 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hey friend,

NDA exam is conducted for candidate to join in defence force of India such as:

~ Indian Army
~ Indian Navy
~ Indian Air Force

The Subject which you need to have studied as per the Education qualification criteria for the exam it is split into two.

# If you are interested in joining in Indian Army then you need to have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education

# In the case of joining in Indian Navy or Air Force you need to have completed +2 with Physics and Mathematics as subjects with a fair percentage

Apart from the Education qualification which is needed for the NDA exam there are certain other qualification also which you need to satisfy in order for applying for the NDA Exam

They are:

>> Candidate should be a Citizen of India

>> The Candidate should be a Unmarried male candidate

>> The age limit needed for the exam is 16 1/20-19 years

>> Candidate appearing for the exam must be Physically fit as it is very important.

For more info regarding the NDA exam check at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
11th February 2013, 10:34 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

It depends upon your choice of Defence Wing you want to join through NDA examination.

For Joining Indian Air Force and Indian Navy you must pass 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics.

For Indian Army you can complete 10+2 with any stream. But you have to face maths and science in NDA Objective type paper.

So it will be up to you to select your stream if you want to join the defence.

Those who opt for PCM subjects in 10+2 will have greater chance of getting selected because they will be eligible for all the three Branches of Defence.

The age limit for NDA examination is 16.5 to 19 years and only unmarried male can apply for it.

The selection will be based on the following stages:

-Objective Type Paper

-SSB Interview

-Medical Examination

So be prepared for NDA examination if you really want to join NDA as Cadet.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th February 2013, 12:24 AM
help_for_you_palu

Quote:
NDA exam is conducted by UPSC, First you have to cracked the objective written test and if you passed written test then you are eligible for interview and medical test.

those who cracked all the stages are eligible for training.

you have to complete your intermediate to apply for NDA, Exam conducts twice in a year.

If you wants more details about NDA then

Click here
12th February 2013, 12:39 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which subject should I have to join NDA?

Quote:
Hi

There are no fixed subjects that you have to take up if you wish to sit for the NDA Examination. As you must be knowing that NDA is an entrance for entry level jobs in the Defense like Army, Navy and Air Force. So according to these, you have to decide which subjects you are to take. I would provide you a few necessary details about it which would help you in selecting subjects.

NDA stands for the National Defense Academy. This entrance is conducted for the selection of candidates for the 3 wings of the Army, Navy and Air Force. The subjects are to be selected as per these 3.

->> If you wish to join ARMY, then you can belong to any stream and can apply for the NDA. You would be allowed to take up the exam and then ONLY be shortlisted for the ARMY recruitment.

->> If you wish to join AIR FORCE/NAVY then you HAVE TO take up subjects of PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) compulsorily. If you do not study these subjects, THEN YOU CANNOT APPLY FOR Navy/Air Force jobs under NDA.

These are the two criteria's based on which you have to select your subjects in the Higher Secondary Class 12th boards. Other Eligibility Criteria's for it are as follows :-

-> Unmarried Male Candidates ONLY
-> Age within 16.5 to 19 years. Some relaxations are provided for the reserved classes
-> 12th pass is minimum Educational qualification which is required
-> Physical and Mental fitness is a must

So you have to check for these as well once you are done selecting your subjects. Hereby I am uploading a NDA Dec 2012 Notification from which you would get all the details. Please download and refer to it. Note that the application dates are over so you can no more apply for the same. However you can apply for the NDA 2 which would be held in August.

Click Here to know more.

Regards
RANJEET
Attached Files
File Type: pdf upsc nda-na-I 2012.pdf(97.3 KB, 48 views)
12th February 2013, 03:29 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for NDA is National Defence Academy.

The eligibility criteria required for NDA examination, which is conducted by UPSC twice every year, are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of 12th with PCM for Navy/Air Force and Commerce for Army from a recognised board.

* Age limit- 16.5-19 yrs.

* Sex- Male.

* Marital status- Single.

* Nationality- Indian.

* Physical standards-

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
12th February 2013, 09:14 PM
saivineel.t
Member+

Dear,

Eligibility Criteria To Join NDA-
• XII Class / Equivalent passed certificate conducted by State Board / Universities. Candidate appearing for above examination can also apply.
• Unmarried male candidates only
• Age between 16 1/2 to 19 years

• Nationality - A candidate must be either: A citizen of India, orA subject of Bhutan, or
A subject of Nepal, orA Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, orA person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, the East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam, with the intention of permanently setting in India)
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.

How to Get the Admission Form To Join NDA –
About a year before the commencement of a Course, a brief notice appears in the leading daily newspapers and a detailed notification in the Government of India Gazette, offering about the entrance examination to be held by the UPSC six months later at Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizwal, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhopal, Mumbai, Calcutta, Chandigarh, Cochin, Cuttack, Delhi, Dharwar, Dispur (Guwahati), Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jorhat, Kavaratti (Lakshadweep), Kohima, Lucknow, Madras, Madurai, Nagpur, Panji (Goa), Patna, Port Blair, Raipur, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Tirupati, Trivandrum, Udaipur and Vishakhapatnam.
Recommended Keep an eye on Employment News paper and Times of India regarding this advertisement.

How to Apply
• A candidate seeking admission to the examination must apply to the Secretary, Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur, House, New Delhi-110011, on the application form published in newspapers. The candidates may utilise the original form published in newspapers or in "Employment News" and fill up the columns in their own handwriting with ball-point pen.
• They may also use the application form and the Attendance Sheet neatly typewritten on white paper (foolscap size) in double space typed on only one side of th,e paper.
• There is no objection to candidates using printed/Application Form and Attendance Sheet, if available, from private agencies as long as the format is exactly the same as published in the advertisement.
• Candidates who have appeared for the previous examinations will not be considered. The envelope containing the application should be superscribed in bold letters as "APPLICATION FOR NATIONAL ACADEMY EXAMINATION" .

Selection Procedure
The process of selecting cadets for the National Defence Academy is split into three phases :
1. A written examination held by the Union Public Service Commission.
2. An interview by the Service Selection Board to assess a candidate's officer potentialities ( Intelligence and personality test ).
3. A medical examination by a Service Medical Board.

Scheme of the Examination
The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject are as follows :Subject Code Duration Max Marks
Mathematics 01 2 1/2 hours 300
General Ability 02 2 1/2 hours 600

The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only. the question papers (Test Booklets) will be set in English only.

Syllabus for Entrance Examination
Paper I - Mathematics : (Maximum Marks 300)
Arithmetic, Mensuration, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Statistics.
Paper II - General Ability
Part A - English (Maximum Marks 200)
Part B - General Knowledge (Maximum Marks 400)

Section A (Physics)
Section B (Chemistry)
Section C (General Science)
Section D (History, Freedom Movement etc)
Section E (Geography)
Section F (Current Event)

Note : Out of the maximum marks assigned to Part B of this paper, questions on Sections A, B, C, D, E and F carry approximately 25%, 15%, 10%, 20%, 20% and 10% weightage respectively.

For more details please refer to Advertisement, along with APPLICATION FORM and detailed subject-wise Prospectus published by the UPSC every six months, i.e. April / May and October / November in all the local newspapers and Employment News.
Syllabus During Training Period (Academics)Science Stream (B. Sc.) / B. Sc. (Computer Science) Social Science Stream (B.A)
COMPULSORY (CREDIT SUBJECTS) (Any Three)
Physics (Compulsory)
Chemistry
Mathematics (Compulsory)
Computer Science History
Geography
Economics
Political Science
Cross Stream Subjects (Non-Credit) (Any 3)
History
Geography
Economics
Political Science Physics
Chemistry
Mathematics
Common Non-Credit Subjects
Workshop
Auto
Area Study
Military History
Common Non-Credit Subjects
Common Service Subject - CSS (I to V Semesters)
Special Service Subject - SSS (VI Semester) (Based on service of a cadet)
Computer Appreciation Course (All Cadets)

More Information –
Recruitment of candidates to Army, Navy and Air force wings of the National Defence Academy (NDA), is through National Defence Academy Entrance Exam which is held twice a year, generally in the month of April and September. NDA exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The course of training is for three years.

The candidate is required to give his preference for the service he wishes to join, however the final decision also depends on the rank he secures in the merit list.
The candidate should first decide their preference for the two academies i.e. National Defence Academy and Naval Academy (Executive Branch) .
If a candidate opts for NDA as his first choice, he has to then give his preferences for the three wings of the NDA i.e. Army, Navy, Air force, followed by his preference for Naval Academy.
Alternatively, if he gives his first preference for Naval Academy, he has to follow it with his preference for the three wings of the NDA.
Candidates who desire to join Air Force Academy must indicate AFA as first choice, as they have to be administered pilot aptitude battery test at one of the AFSB and AF Medical at Central Medical Establishment/ Institute of Aviation Medicines.
6th March 2013, 09:18 AM
pantaloon

hi,,,,,,

subject should I have to join NDA

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. This exam conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

1.Indian Army

2.Navy

3.Indian Air force

eligibility criteria--------

4.The age limit is 16.5 to 19 years with no age relaxation for anyone.
5.There is % criteria in the 10+2 to be eligible for it.
6.You must be unmarried male Indian.You should be physically fit and fulfill the requirements.

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?