22nd February 2015, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

How to join NDA after completion of B.Sc graduation?

I am 20 yr old girl.my graduation will be completed in 23rd yr.
Can i join NDA after graduation?

If yes then how can i join this? plz tell me the procedure of to join NDA. I wanted to know this soon as possible. Someone please give me the answer.

22nd February 2015, 03:53 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join NDA after completion of B.Sc graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If yes then how can i join this? plz tell me the procedure of to join NDA. I wanted to know this soon as possible. Someone please give me the answer.
Being a female candidate, you are not eligible for NDA entrance exam. However, you can join in Officer Training Academy (OTA) through CDS exam which is conducted by the Union Public Service exam. Both the Unmarried Male and Female candidates are eligible to apply for the OTA exam through CDS exam.

Officer Training Academy (OTA) Eligibility Criteria:

-> Applicant must have passed Bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent qualification from a recognized university and final year students can also eligible.
-> Applicant must have attained the age of 19 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years at the time of appearing for this examination and there is no upper age limits apply.
-> Both the Unmarried male and Female candidates are eligible.

Official website - http://www.upsc.gov.in/
22nd February 2015, 04:20 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

There is no provision for women in NDA. After or during the +2 tenure, interested male candidates need to write NDA Exam. During the time of admission, he should be 17 1/2 years and must not be over 19 years of age. There will be a compulsory paper of Mathematics in the NDA Exam, conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the higher secondary examination and atleast, have 40% in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, English. The results for NDA I and NDA II usually gets declared between July to October. In case of NDA I exam, it comes out in July-August while NDA II Exam, results are declared between October-November. The SSB interviews starts in the mid-week of January.
You have to complete your graduation for entering in Indian Army. Lady Officers proceed for training after clearing the CDS exam to Officers Training Academy. They get commissioned into the various Arms and Services of the Indian Army after 49 weeks training. For the eligibility part, they need to be a graduate to apply. For lady officers, age limit for ASC, AEC and JAG is 21 to 27 years. The age limit is 19 to 25 years for all other branches including AOC, Engineers, Int Corps, EME and Signals.
According to the revised conditions of Service of SSCOs (Men and Women both Technical and Non-Technical), tenure of Short Service Commission in Army will be granted for 14 years. On completing two years’ service, they pick up the rank of Captain followed by Major on completion of 6 years’ service. After 13 years of service, they pick up the rank of LT.Col.
22nd February 2015, 04:32 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join in NDA being a female candidate. The NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice a year and the candidates who satisfy the below mentioned eligibility Criteria are eligible to appear in NDA examination are :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. Educational Qualification :-
--> For Army Wing :- You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board.
--> For Air Force and Naval Wings :- You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a recognised board.

3. You must have attained the minimum age of 16 1/2 years and you must not have crossed the maximum age of 19 years.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate

5. You must be Physically and Mentally fit.

Being a 20 years old female candidate, you are not eligible to appear in NDA examination and without appearing in NDA examination, you cannot join in NDA.
22nd February 2015, 08:49 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

I am really sorry, You are NOT eligible to join NDA with your age qualification. Yes, the maximum age of a candidate must not exceed 19 years, and since you have already crossed the age of 19 years I am once again sorry to say that you are NOT Eligible. The basic educational qualification required to join NDA and NA is "Intermediate" or 12th class (in 10+2) pattern from a recognized university. The age limits to join NDA is 16.5 years to 19 years. There is no age relaxation even for reserved candidates. So in any conditions, you are not eligible to join NDA with the eligibility criteria you have. If you wish to join Defense sector, there is an other option so I suggest you to apply for CDS (Combined Defense Services) which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. The minimum educational qualification required for CDS is "Graduation" from a recognized university and age limits are 19-25 years. Go through the link provided below for more CDS details.

Click here for More CDS Details
22nd February 2015, 10:55 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

No, you are not eligible for NDA exam.

Procedure for NDA exam:-

1.Written test
2.Physical test
3.Medical
4.Interview

Written test is conducted by UPSC but other 3 steps are conducted by SSB.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
23rd February 2015, 09:43 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

I am extremely sorry to state that it is not possible for you to get into Indian Army through NDA. This is because you have crossed the upper age limit of NDA. However, you can still join Indian Army and serve the nation. You have two options to join Indian Army which are mentioned below.

NCC (SPL) ENTRY WOMEN :-
- You should have done 2 Yrs service in NCC Senior Div Army with minimum 'B' Grade in 'C' Certificate Exam.
- You should have 50% in your B.Sc. course.
Applications are released in the month of July / August and January / February.

SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION NON TECHNICAL WOMEN
- You should be graduate from a recognized institute.
Application notification is released in the month of notification published in May / June and November / December.
23rd February 2015, 11:48 AM
bablurocks

NDA exam stands for National Defense Academy which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year to join Defense service.

Age limit for NDA exam is 16.5 to 19 years. Now your age 23 years, therefore you are not eligible for NDA exam.

You can apply CDS exam after B.Sc to join defense service. CDS exam stands for Combined Defense Service by UPSC twice in a year.

Age limit:-

Military – 19-24 years

Navy – 19-22 years

Air force – 19-23 years

OTA – 19-24 years

Selection Process:-

Written Exam

SSB Interview

Medical test

Examination Fee

It is about the 200/- for the GM/OBC but for the SC/ST there is no fee
10th December 2018, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

I am girl I can study in bsc 2nd year my parents is very poor so I am interested I NDA exam how can join plz give me information
23rd July 2021, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

I am 18 yr old girl i am 12th pass can I join the NDA
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?