17th April 2013, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

Can I join NDA with Humanities stream?

Hello i am a student of +1 with humanaties stream and i have kept maths as an optional subject .i wanted to know that can i join NDA or not after +2 ?

25th April 2013, 12:11 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join NDA with Humanities stream?

Yes, you can join NDA after 12th. Those who have appeared for 12th class final exam can also apply. As you have studied mathematics as a subject, you are eligible to join any of the three wings of army. Others can join army. Detailed notification is available in NDA exam notification published by UPSC.
4th May 2013, 04:40 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

NDA(National Defence Academy) is conducted two times every year i.e. NDA-I and NDA-II.
This exam is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).

The eligibility criteria required for the NDA examination :

* Completion of 12th with PCM from any accredited board.
* Completion of 12th with Arts and Commerce for Army wing.
* Age limit:- 16.5-19 yrs.
* Sex:- Male.
* Nationality:- Indian.
* Marital status:- Unmarried or single.
* Physically and mentally fit.

How to apply:
•Apply online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
5th May 2013, 12:29 AM
vkghanghas

Yes, you can join , who have appeared for 12th class final exam can also apply. As you have studied mathematics as a subject, you are eligible to join any of the three wings of army. Others can join army.
17th May 2013, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

can i join NDA with commerce stream
12th August 2013, 08:52 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello i am a student of +1 with humanaties stream and i have kept maths as an optional subject .i wanted to know that can i join NDA or not after +2 ?
Being a 11th standard candidate you're not applicable for this Entrance Examination. You're only eligible for NDA entrance examination after completing 12th standard. Any stream candidate may eligible to apply for NDA Examination. So, If the candidate complete 12th standard then the candidate eligible to apply for NDA Examination.

NDA stands for National Defence academy this Examination is organized by UPSC for every twice in year . This NDA Examination having three wings namely,Army academy,Navy academy,Airforce Academy.

The NDA Examination having three levels namely Written Examination / Interview / Training . If your qualified in Written Examination and Interview then you may call for Training academy .

You're Interested in Army academy To apply for Army academy you should complete complete 12th standard in any discipline from recognized university. There is No percentage of marks require for NDA Examination . So, If you get qualified in 12th standard with pass mark then your eligible to apply for NDA Examination.

But, If your interested in Navy or Airforce academy then you should complete 12th standard in science stream with Physics , Chemistry from recognized university.

[U]Note:Only having Physics and Mathematics subjects in 12th standard are eligible for Navy and Airforce wing. [/U]

You're age should be minimum 16.5 years to 19 years and relaxation will be applicable for sc/st candidates and obc candidates.

Applicant should be Physically as well medically Fit.

For More Information Please Click Here :- http://www.upsc.gov.in/
13th August 2013, 12:53 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

YES, you can apply to NDA

Eligibilty to apply for NDA-

Education:

Indian Army- 12th class or Intermediate Pass in any stream
Indian Airforce and Indian Navy Wing- 12th class or Intermediate Pass.In class 12th you should have studied the subjects Physics and Maths.

Age-
Minimum 16.5 years
Maximum 19 years
No age relaxations is given to any candidates who apply for the NDA exams

Next NDA exams would be held in April 2014

Only Candidates born between 2nd January 1996 to 1st July 1998 can apply for these exams

Male candidates are only allowed to apply for the NDA exams
13th August 2013, 09:57 AM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

Quote:
hello dear,

as you are in class 11th you can't write nda exam now , once you pass 12th will be eligible for nda,

NDA is national defence academy, it's exam is conducted by upsc twice a year,

nda exam is conducted for following entry:

1.indian navy
2.air force
3.indian army

for navy and air force wing candidates must have studied physics , maths and chemistry in their class 12th

and for indian army 12th pass from any stream can apply,

so you will be only eligible for indian army after your 12th

eligibility for nda :

1.must be a indian citizen
2.must be in age limit 16.5 to 19 years
3.must be physically and mentally fit
4.must be unmarried male

so just complete your 12th for being eligibile to write nda entrance exam
13th August 2013, 12:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can join NDA if you have completed 10+2 with humanities stream but you will be considered only for Indian Army.

Indian Air Force and Indian Navy asks for Physics and Maths in 10+2. So you can apply for NDA as you are only eligible for Indian Army

You have to be prepared for the exam because for Indian Army there is lot of competition as any stream students are eligible for it.

Marital Status: Unmarried male

Nationality : Indian

Mode of Selection:

-Objective Type Test

-SSB Interview

-Medical Examination

Exam Pattern:

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
13th August 2013, 01:03 PM
poulomi_roy90

If you have completed your 12Th examination with commerce subject then you are only eligible for Army wings of NDA, Because for Naval and Air force wings of NDA, you have to complete your 12Th examination with Maths and Physics as a compulsory subjects and you are from Commerce stream, then you can only apply for Army wings of NDA.

Only Unmarried male candidates are eligible for NDA Examination, but for this your age should between 16.5 to 19 years, Your age should not be more than 19 years at the time of commencement of Training, otherwise you cant apply for NDA Examination.

The selection in NDA Examination is based on Written test followed by SSB Interview and Medical test and those who cracked all these stages are eligible for NDA Training.

The Notification of NDA Examination will be Published twice in a year in the employment Newspaper or in the UPSC Website. Eligible candidates may fill the application form online only. There is no application form facility from this year onward's. Before filling the online application form of NDA, you must have these documents with you :

~~ Scanned Photograph
~~ Scanned Signature

These 2 documents are necessary for complete the registration Process.

To appear for NDA, you must be in good physical and mental health andfree from any disease.

NDA Examination is comprises of a Written Exam followed by and Intelligence and Personality Test, The written exam consist of two papers. The General Ability Test consists of : English and General Knowledge. the papers in all the subjects consist of Objective type questions only

~~ Mathematics and
~~ General Ability Test

So, If your aim is to cracked NDA Examination then please prepared well for this examination as per the pattern and Syllabus.

If you have completed your 12Th examination, then please apply for this examination in the month of May.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THE NDA EXAM IS:

1)You must be an INDIAN CITIZEN or a migrant with an intention to permanently live in this country.

2)You must have completed your 12th class or appearing for the 12th board exams from any recognized board.

3)Your age must be between 16.5 years to 19 years.

4)You must be physically fit.

5)You must be an Unmarried male candidate.

APPLICATION FORM:

**You can fill the Application form of NDA online on the Wesbite www.upsconline.nic.in or you can fill the application form by buying it from the designated post offices of the country.

FEES:The Cost of Application form is just Rs 100. for every student.National Defence Academy (NDA) takes up candidates through an exam held every year end.
It accepts candidates for three Defence Sectors:
1. Indian Army
2. Indian Navy
3. Indian Air Force

According to your mentioned educational background you are qualified to take NDA exam this year only for the Army wing.
Because Army wing applications require candidates with +2 pass in any stream.
Whereas, the other two wings, i.e; Naval and Air Force wing accept candidature with Science background in +2.

Hence, think wisely, you are eligible for one of the three wings.
you can revert back to me for further queries on NDA's Army wing, once you make your mind up.
13th August 2013, 02:01 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend.......

You are not eligible for the NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. This exam conducted by the UPSC twice in a year i.e NDA-I and NDA-II.

Three wings in NDA:-

Indian army,

Indian airforce,

Indian navy.

Eligibility criteria:-

Applicant should be complete 12th standard from any recognised board or university.

Percentage is not an issue to apply this exam.

Applicant must be physically fit.

The age limits are 16.5 years to 19 years, no upper age relaxation.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible i.e girls are not eligible.

12th standard exams appearing candidates can also be eligible.

Physical Requirements for NDA

Army wings :- Acceptable height is 157.5 cms .

Navy wings :- Acceptable height is 157 cms .

Air force :- Acceptable height is 162.5 cms .

Check out the chart list wise height / weight requirements :-

Chest should be well developed. Fully expanded chest should not be less than 81 cms. The minimum range of expansion after full inspiration should be 5 cms.

Additional Requirements :-

Running : 2 to 4 Km. in 15 minutes
Skipping
Pushups : Minimum 20 each Sit-ups
Chin ups : Minimum 08
Rope Climbing : 3 to 4 meters.

Selection process:-

Written examination,

SSB interview,

Medical test

Exam Pattern:

All the best.......
13th August 2013, 02:43 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I join NDA with Humanities stream?

Quote:

Join NDA After 12th humanities

You are definitely eligible to apply for the National Defence Academy..

The NDA Examination is held in April and August by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)

There are 3 different wings under NDA to which candidates can apply for :-

(I) Air Force Wing
(II) Naval Wing
(III) Army Wing

According to the UPSC guidelines.. only those who satisfy the following conditions :-

1) The age limit for candidates allowed to appear in this exam is 16.5 to 19 years..

2) The applicant must be an unmarried male..(no girls are allowed for this exam)

3) You have to be a 12th appearing or a 12th pass out at the time of appearing for the NDA Exam..

4) You can appear for the NDA Examination any number of times and there is no relaxation of age for this exam..

Since you are from Humanities side..hence you will be eligible to apply only for the Army Wing..

For Air Force and Naval Wing..the candidates are required to have Physics and Maths as their subjects in 12th..

The written exam of NDA has 2 papers on General Ability Test and Maths

You can also visit http://upsc.gov.in

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
13th August 2013, 06:27 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The Acronym "NDA" stands for National Defense Academy. The NDA Exam is conducted every year twice by the Union Public Service Commission.

This Exam is conducted for the selection of candidates in the following wings of Indian Defense :

* Indian Navy

* Indian Army

* Indian Air Force

The Minimum educational qualification set by the UPSC for NDA Exam is 12th with PCM from any recognized board.

Also , 12th appearing students can too appear for the NDA Exam.

But as you are a student of standard 11th , so you are not eligible for the NDA Exam.

You have to wait for one more year to be eligible for the NDA Exam but you can only opt for Indian Army as you are pursuing +2 with Humanities and Maths is your optional subject.

For Your sake , here i have mentioned the other requisites for the NDA Exam :

** The age limit for NDA Exam is 16.5-19 years.

** No relaxation in upper age is granted to any candidate.

** The candidate must be an Indian citizen.

** Only Male candidates are eligible to apply for the NDA Exam as UPSC does not allow Female candidates to apply for the same.

** The candidates must be unmarried.

** The candidate must be physically and mentally fit.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
13th August 2013, 07:31 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

As you are having one more year to complete your 12th class, at present you are not eligible to give NDA Exam.

But I suggest you to start preparation for NDA Exam from now and apply for the exam in the final months of your 12th class.

This NDA Exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year in order to recruit the candidates into the following defence services
Army wing
Navy wing
Air Force wing

Huge competition is there for this exam because it is possible for the candidates to get job soon after completion of 12th class.

Here is the eligibility criteria required for the candidates in order to apply for this exam.

Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed 12th class with any of the stream from a recognized college in order to apply for Army wing.
-But if the candidate want to apply for Navy and Air Force wings, it is must that the candidate should have completed 12th class with Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects.

Age criteria :
-The required age for the candidates to apply for this exam is 16 1/2 years to 19 years.

There is no relaxation in upper age limit for the candidates of any category.

It is must that the candidate should be unmarried male candidate to apply for this exam.

The candidate should be a native of India.

The selection procedure that the candidates have to get through is
Written Exam
Interview
Medical Test

So, prepare well for this exam for this year and apply for the exam next year and crack it.

Wish you all the best.

For more information on this exam, you can visit
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
13th August 2013, 07:50 PM
Jaynitkumar

Location: At-Lalmohan Nagar,P/o-Pahunsara,Block-Raniganj,Disttrict-Araria (Bihar) 854312

To join NDA you should pass 12th with PCM subjects.
13th August 2013, 09:34 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

NDA exam means National Defence Service.

This exam is conducted by "Union Public Service Commission" twice in a year.

The following are the qualifications required.

1.The candidate must be Indian.

2.The candidate must completed 12/Intermediate.

3.The age of the candidate is 16.5-19 years

So these are eligibility details

Subjects in NDA exam:

There are two subjects in NDA exam
1.Elementary maths

2.General awareness

All the best.....................
14th August 2013, 09:25 AM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Quote:

Hi,

Ofcourse, you can join NDA after 10 +2, with humanities stream.

Through NDA , one can join Army, Navy or Air Force.

Now since you have studied humanities and maths in intermediate, you are eligible for Indian Army.

For Navy and Air Force, Physics is also required.

For NDA exam -

You should have passed intermediate from a recognised board.

Your age should be between 16.5 years to 19 years.

You should be a male candidate.

You should be unmarried

SO, you can apply for NDA exam, which is conducted by UPSC every year twice.

YOu have apply for written test first. After qualifying the written test, an SSB interview would be taken followed by a physical examination.

Now, you can start preparing for the exam.

Visit www.upsc.gov.in
14th August 2013, 09:41 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

-->> As you have mention that you are the student of +1 then you are not applicable for the NDA exam this year because the minimum Qualification for NDA is at least 12th std. completed........

-->> But, don't worry about it since, you have optional subjects with maths then you are surely applicable for NDA but, for that you have to first of all complete your +2 then and only then it become come true.....

-->> NDA exam is conducted for the following Three Wings recruitment by the Union Public Service Commission twice time in the Single year.....
  • Indian Army
  • Indian Navy and
  • Indian Air Force

-->> Minimum age of candidate should be at least 16.5 years, Age of candidate should not exists 19 years, No any Age relaxation applicable for any cast.....

-->> A candidate must have the Nationality of India...

-->> Only Unmarried Male candidate are applicable for this exam...

Selection Process:-
  1. Written Exam
  2. SSB Interview
  3. Medical Test

Physical Requirement:-

List of Best Books for NDA Exam:-

Pathfinder for NDA & NA Entrance Examination 1st Edition
by
PK Mittal, OP Bisht, Neetika Goyal
Publisher: Arihant Publications I Pvt Ltd (2011)
Price: Rs. 380

Study Package for NDA/NA Entrance Examination 1st Edition
by
Tata Mcgraw Hill
Publisher: Tata McGraw - Hill Education (2012)
Price: Rs. 382

NDA/NA Chapterwise-Sectionwise Previous Years Question of Mathematics / English / General Ability With Explanatory Solutions
by
Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications (2012)
Price: Rs. 252

NDA/NA Topic-Wise Solved Papers (2002-2011) 4th Edition
by
Disha Experts
Publisher: Disha Publication (2012)
Price: Rs. 281

All the best

With Regards......
Dharm
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?