4th November 2017, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

Which subject should I take to become a District Magistrate after my graduation?

Hi Sir/Mam, I am rani. Which subject should I take to become district magistrate after graduation? I want to become a district magistrate for sure, so can you please give me the details on this? Awaiting to get the response soon. Thank you!

6th November 2017, 09:35 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject should I take to become a District Magistrate after my graduation?

DM or District Magistrate are actually IAS candidates that attain posts after qualifying Civil Services Exam.

After graduation, you can apply for Civil Services Exam.

There is no compulsion to choose any particular subject for Civil Services Exam for becoming DM in future.

You are free to choose your subjects.

Civil Services Exam will have three stages i.e.
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Personal Interview

Preliminary Exam is compulsory exam for everyone in which every candidate will get same questions.
While for Main Exam, candidate will have to choose his/her optional subjects according to interest.
7th November 2017, 11:41 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject should I take to become a District Magistrate after my graduation?

I am pleased with your determination to become District Magistrate in future but along with determination you need to prepare for examination with dedication and devotion too.

For recruitment you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

The age limit is 21- 32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you can select any course in 12th or bachelor degree to appear in examination. Candidates have option of selection of Mains optional paper other than that of discipline paper.

To get syllabus and other detail for examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?