27th October 2016, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

Which subject or stream to choose after 12th to become IAS in future?

Sir/Mam,

Which subject or stream should I choose after passing in class 10 with 9.8 to 10 C.G.P.A. to become an I.A.S. In my future life? Can you please guide me with the right suggestions to follow for the same? It will be helpful if you can guide me soon on the same.

27th October 2016, 09:02 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject or stream to choose after 12th to become IAS in future?

To become IAS officer the minimum qualification required is graduation in any discipline from a recognised University with at least 50% marks. If your aim is to become IAS only then personally I would like to suggest you to opt for Arts stream in intermediate and graduation level. Otherwise if you have another option also then you can choose the stream accordingly skeleton.
27th October 2016, 10:17 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject or stream to choose after 12th to become IAS in future?

To become an IAS officer in future, you can opt for any stream of your interest for pursuing your 12th standard after completion of your 10th standard with 9.8 CGPA from a Government recognised board.

After completion of your 12th standard, you have to pursue Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a Government recognised university and after completion of that course, you can apply for IAS examination. So, I suggest you to choose any subject or stream of your interest for pursuing 12th standard even if you are interested to become an IAS officer in future.
27th October 2016, 11:22 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

To become IAS officer,You can choose any stream among science, commerce and arts.You have to apply for Civil Services Aptitude Test to become IAS officer.

->>The minimum qualification is the candidates who have bachelor degree from any recognized with any discipline, can apply for IAS Exam.

But as per my knowledge, I am suggesting you to take Arts Stream. Because that candidates who take Arts Stream, they will study History and any other subjects in 2 years study.
28th October 2016, 02:54 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

To became an IAS officer the minimum qualification required is graduation or bachelor degree with any stream, passing from a recognized university with at least 60% marks.
So you are free to choose any one stream according to your choice and interest. No matter what you choose in your graduation. You just have a qualification of graduation from any one subjects to appear for an IAS exam.
29th October 2016, 09:25 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

Which subject or stream should I choose after passing in class 10 with 9.8 to 10 C.G.P.A. to become an I.A.S. In my future life? Can you please guide me with the right suggestions to follow for the same? It will be helpful if you can guide me soon on the same.
From my point of view,you can choose B.A subject to become an IAS officer. Because arts subjects are scoring compare to other subjects.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized University, then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.
30th October 2016, 04:19 PM
kachhadiyasarika
Member+

You can choose any discipline & subjects in graduation.

IAS Eligibility
- You must have passed graduation any discipline from a recognized university.
- Age Limit : 21 to 32 years
- Maximum Attempts : 3 for General, 6 for OBC & No limits for SC/ST

Selection
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Interview
21st May 2018, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 12th class through pcm stream..is it good to take arts in graduation as i have to clear upsc exam
31st May 2018, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

Should i take bba course before applykng for ias?? Or should i take any other course for graduation??
13th September 2019, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

Please tell me what is the best course after 12th by arts side and I also want to being a ias
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?