13th July 2011, 08:33 AM
sravan nallapu

What subjects I can choose for IAS having completed 10+2 in Science stream?

i'm sravan, i have done my 12th in science stream. which subject i can choose for IAS exam

13th July 2011, 05:48 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What subjects I can choose for IAS having completed 10+2 in Science stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sravan nallapu View Post
i'm sravan, i have done my 12th in science stream. which subject i can choose for IAS exam
Firstly I Have to inform you that, you are not eligible for IAS Examination Now, Because you have completed your 12Th examination and To apply to become a IAS Officer You need to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University.

Since you have completed your 12Th from Science Background, then you have to do graduate course in Science And after completing your graduate course you are eligible for IAS Examination.

But to become a IAS Officer you need to appear for the UPSC Civil services examination and to apply for this examination Graduation degree is Compulsory, without graduate you are not apply for this examination.

Eligiblity Criteria -

- Graduate in any discipline from a recognised university.
- Your age should between 21 to 30 years.
- Final year graduate candidates may also eligible to apply for this examination.

So, After 12Th you have to complete your graduation first, You can choose any subject and any stream according to your interest in Graduation.

But in UPSC Civil services examination, you have to choose subject on the basis of Graduate course. So please complete your Graduation first and then apply for This examination because any graduate candidates are eligible for UPSC Civil services examination to become IAS Officer.

But According to me You have to do graduation in science stream only and then you will not face any difficulty while you are appearing the UPSC Civil services examination. And If you need more information then please visit the UPSC Official website OR Read the given Notification -

http://upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 113 views)
13th July 2011, 08:07 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What subjects I can choose for IAS having completed 10+2 in Science stream?

hello dear

see,you can choose any subjects for IAS having completed 10+2 in Science stream.

the criteria which is required to attain in the IAS exam is given below

1.graduation in any subjects from any stream.

2.50% marks in graduation.

3.age limit 21-29 years.

for more information check-www.upsc.gov.in.

all the best................
13th July 2011, 11:07 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Smile Re: What subjects I can choose for IAS having completed 10+2 in Science stream?

Quote:
dear friend,
there is no restriction on the selection of subjects in graduation for giving ias exam. this is because the eligibility qualification required for the exam is that the student must have done graduation in any field with at least 60% marks. so you can choose any subjects of your own choice. there is age limit for the exam of 21 to 30 years. the exam is conducted by upsc once in a year. the notification of the exam comes in the employment news.for more details regarding the exam and to get previous years question papers, you can visit their official website
www.upsc.gov.in
13th July 2011, 11:46 PM
Gita Irudhayaraj
Senior Member+

Hi friend, There is nothing subject for IAS. You can study any subject.There are many fields after 12th.

ARTS and Science courses:

1.B.Sc., Computer Science
2.B.Sc.,Mathematics
3.B.Sc.,Physics
4.B.Sc.,Chemistry
5.BCA (computer Application)
6.BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)
7.B.Com (Commerce)

In Engineering Branch:

1.ECE
2.EEE
3.Civil
4.Mechanical
5.IT(Information Technology)
6.B.Tech
in B.Tech many major available. Choose any one like Bio-medical engineering etc.,

Other than many computer courses are also there.
And Medical field MBBS also present.

All the best for your glowing career.
16th July 2011, 12:40 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:

Which subject can i choose after 12th class to become an IAS officer ?

Indian Administrative Service (IAS) examination is conducted by UPSC in every year. IAS officer job is the one of the best job of India. IAS examination is also known as the civil services examination.

To appear in the IAS examination you need the following eligibility criteria :

Educational Qualification = Graduation in any stream from a recognize university. Final year graduation student are also eligible to apply for the IAS examination.

Age Limit = The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category candidates.

so according to eligibility criteria you can choose any stream according to your interest after completing 12th class.

For any more information regarding IAS examination please see the official website of UPSC :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
18th July 2011, 11:11 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

You can take any course for your 12th as well as graduation.

So you can take science or arts or even commerce.

Examination information:-

The Indian Administrative Service (IAS) it's conducted by union public service commission(UPSC)

[B]Eligibility:-[B]
A candidate should be graduate in any discipline from a recognized university
final year students are also eligible,
Age must in in between 21-30 years
Upper age relaxation for OBC-3yrs, and sc/ST-5yrs,

Maximum number of attempts :-
For General - Maximum of 4
For OBC - Maximum of 7
For SC/ST - No limit

official website-- http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best
1st August 2011, 12:13 AM
akhilesh16071991
Senior Member++

Dear friend,
After 12th class you are not eligible for IAS exam.you must have to graduation course to eligible for IAS exam.
But you are talking about Optional subject then you should go through public admistrative subject for IAS exam in future.
5th November 2011, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What subjects I can choose for IAS having completed 10 2 in Science stream?

i take sci can i become ias officer wat are setp to became ias
27th December 2011, 04:03 PM
rrmm92

there is no restriction on the selection of subjects in graduation for giving ias exam. this is because the eligibility qualification required for the exam is that the student must have done graduation in any field with at least 60% marks. so you can choose any subjects of your own choice. there is age limit for the exam of 21 to 30 years. the exam is conducted by upsc once in a year..
To appear in the IAS examination you need the following eligibility criteria :

Educational Qualification = Graduation in any stream from a recognize university. Final year graduation student are also eligible to apply for the IAS examination.

Age Limit = The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category candidates.

For any more information regarding IAS examination please see the official website of UPSC :- http://www.upsc.gov.in
27th December 2011, 07:31 PM
roknits
Senior Member+

Minimum graduation is reqd
27th December 2011, 07:34 PM
Vishu0007

Thumbs up Re: What subjects I can choose for IAS having completed 10+2 in Science stream?

INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE(IAS)
IAS exam is conducted by UPSC every year.As you are not awared that for ias any stream is eligible for ias exam.It depends on your interest that what you want to choose,where you feel that you can perform well.So according to my recommendation you should not go,insteatd you should go by your interest.For ias you have to select any one degree course.If you are sience student than you must go through your same stream,changing of stream can lead to some problems in career so better is to go through your same stream.
ELIGIBLITY:-
-You must be graduate in any stream from a UGC recognized university.
-You must be in 21-30 years of age
-You must be citizen of India
-You must be physicaly fit.
28th December 2011, 12:24 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hi,
If you want to become I.A.S officer then you have to pass graduation in any stream.

I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:-

Qualification:- Pass graduation with any stream fron recginiced university.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For ST/SC category:- 21-33 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

For more detail log on yo www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK!
28th December 2011, 01:19 PM
abhisek.sonu

Firstly I Have to inform you that, you are not eligible for IAS Examination Now, Because you have completed your 12Th examination and To apply to become a IAS Officer You need to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University.

Since you have completed your 12Th from Science Background, then you have to do graduate course in Science And after completing your graduate course you are eligible for IAS Examination.

But to become a IAS Officer you need to appear for the UPSC Civil services examination and to apply for this examination Graduation degree is Compulsory, without graduate you are not apply for this examination.

Eligiblity Criteria -

- Graduate in any discipline from a recognised university.
- Your age should between 21 to 30 years.
- Final year graduate candidates may also eligible to apply for this examination.

So, After 12Th you have to complete your graduation first, You can choose any subject and any stream according to your interest in Graduation.

But in UPSC Civil services examination, you have to choose subject on the basis of Graduate course. So please complete your Graduation first and then apply for This examination because any graduate candidates are eligible for UPSC Civil services examination to become IAS Officer.

But According to me You have to do graduation in science stream only and then you will not face any difficulty while you are appearing the UPSC Civil services examination. And If you need more information then please visit the UPSC Official website
18th February 2012, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What subjects I can choose for IAS having completed 10 2 in Science stream?

I DON'T HAVE MORE IMF. ABOUT THE KIND OF EDUCATION IN B.SC,IF I CHOOCE B.SC,COMPUTER FOR MY FURTHER STUDY ,THEN IT IS NESSARY THAT I MUST KNOW ABOUT IT.
18th February 2012, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

I DON'T HAVE MORE IMF. ABOUT THE KIND OF EDUCATION IN B.SC. IF I SELECT B.SC,WITH ANY OTHER SUBJECT(COMPUTER SCIENCE,MATHAMATICS,CHEMISTRY,PHYSICS) FOR MY FURTHER STUDY AFTER 12TH CLASS, THEN IT IS NESSARY THAT I MUST HAVE MORE OR GENRAL IMFORMATION ABOUT IT.
19th February 2012, 01:50 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
I.A.S stand for INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE

After 12th you can chose any subject you want..
For I.A.S exam you have to complete graduation in any stream...

Chose that stream in which you are interested that will be easy for you.
so friend you do want you want..

After graduation you can apply for I.A.S exam.
I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Age should be in between 21-30 year. For ST/SC candidate age should be in between 21-33 year.

You can apply online or offline.
The Form cost is just 50 Rs.
For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
24th February 2012, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

i have done my 12th with science stream and i want to know that if i do b.a. is it a best option or not.
13th April 2012, 07:48 AM
Unregistered

I have done 12th with science stream. Can i do graduation in english ? For comepeting in IAS ?
14th April 2012, 05:18 PM
monisha_sarabhai

After 12 first of all it it is essential for you to complete graduation.then only you will be eligible for appearing in upsc or any state level exam.for the preparation of exam you should keep yourself uptodate with your general knowledge.study thoroughly revising all your subjects well.follow all kinds of sample papers including previous years sample papers.dont forget to maintain your physical fitness.these all are basic essential requirements for your aim and be bold and confident you will surely achieve your goals.all the best for your wonderful aim.
19th April 2012, 12:52 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
There is no any restrictions to selecting the subjects in 10+2 to become a IAS officer.

Eligibility criteria:
The candidate should be complete graduation from any recognised university.

Age limits is 21weeps to 30ears.

Candidae should be a citizen of india.

Selection procedure: preliminary exam,
Main exam,
Written test,
Interview.

For more details visit
www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
19th April 2012, 12:42 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Any stream candidate is eligible to apply in Indian Administrative Services as minimum qualification is bachelor degree in any discipline.

It does not affect any thing that from which stream student have done his/her bachelors degree.

So, 12th students can choose any stream.

Engineer , Doctor , Teacher or Simple Graduated in any discipline can also apply in Indian Administrative Services .

AS

Minimum Qualification For IAS

Candidate should be Graduate from recognized university in any discipline.

Number of Attempt

General - 4 attempt

OBC - 7 Attempt

SC/ST - No limit on number of attempt

Age Limit

General - 21 to 30 yrs

OBC - 21 to 33 yrs

SC/ST - 21 to 35 yrs

Defence Personnal - 21 to 33 yrs

Ex serviceman - 21 to 35 yrs

Physical Standard

Candidate should be physically fit

How to apply

candiadte are required to apply online by using website http://www.upsconline.nic.in

IAS (Civil Service Exam) has three stages to be cleared by candidate.

Preliminary Exam

Main Exam

Personal Interview
19th April 2012, 12:58 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

To make career in any stream, you should have basic knowledge of what actually the designation means.
For example, if you wants to become an IAS officer then you should have complete knowledge of what actually these designation stands for.
IAS means Indian Administrative Services and is basically meant for those aspiring candidates who have strong dedication towards the country.
India holds a UPSC examination every year and on the basis of this examination a number of IAS officers are recruitment.

Eligibility Criteria :-
The minimum qualification required for appearing the competitive examination is Graduation. Many professionals like Engineers, Doctors, persons with Ph.d qualifications are competing for UPSC.

Paper Pattern for UPSC exam :-
It is basically of two types like Prelims and Main.
1) Paper pattern for prelim :-
a) Optional Subjects (300 marks)
b) General Studies (150 marks)
2) Paper pattern for Mains :-
In mains, there are 9 papers to appear for.

Now as you are in class 12th carry healthy marks in final exam and go for graduation. Complete it with very good score and go for UPSC and then if you can succed then your dream will be fulfilled.
19th April 2012, 01:16 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear...........
After +2 science you can go for graduation .for details i am providing you a carrier chart from where you can get details information.......

The details of IAS exam are as follows.....

Good luck.........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?