2nd April 2014, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

Which subject will help me to prepare for IAS? I have passed 12th from commerce maths stream

which subject would help me in preparing for ias? i have just passed 12 from commerce maths stream

Related Questions:
3rd April 2014, 01:17 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which subject will help me to prepare for IAS? I have passed 12th from commerce maths stream

It is good that you have completed your 12th class with Commerce and Mathematics and you did not mention whether you have completed your Graduation or going to join Graduation.

The reason why I am discussing like this is, you should have completed your Graduation in order to become a IAS Officer.

The complete selection procedure would involve
CSAT Exam
Main Exam
Interview

CSAT Exam will be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) once in a year to recruit the candidates into various civil services like
IAS
IPS
IFS etc.

If you are about to join Graduation, then I suggest you to opt for the B.Com course at your Graduation level.

As you have already knowledge on commerce subject in your 12th class, you will gain in depth knowledge in that subject when you complete your Graduation in B.Com.

Moreover you can opt for Commerce as the Optional subject for Civil Services Main Exam.

There is a huge competition among the candidates who are applying for civil services Exam. So, your preparation should be extraordinary to be placed in IAS.

Better to join in a Coaching Institute and carry our preparation for this Exam from the very beginning of your Graduation.

To get the latest information on this Exam, you can visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?