11th July 2011, 01:06 AM
hemantkhare117

Which subjects I should choose for IAS Mains after completing B.Sc. with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics?

hello sir,i have completed my b.sc. with physics,chemistry and mathematics.now i preparing for ias so which subjects i should choose for mains?

15th July 2011, 04:21 PM
fazlu
Member+

Default Re: Which subjects I should choose for IAS Mains after completing B.Sc. with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics?

yes you can go for IAS ....
this require minimum graduation from recognizedv university...
you can go for this after graduation after that you can join UPSC..
17th July 2011, 10:29 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which subjects I should choose for IAS Mains after completing B.Sc. with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemantkhare117 View Post
hello sir,i have completed my b.sc. with physics,chemistry and mathematics.now i preparing for ias so which subjects i should choose for mains?
you should give the max importance to your interest because you have to spend a lot of time in studying your selected subjects if you don't have interest in what you have selected then it will become mere waste in time

you will be suffered with boredom so don't listen anyone's suggestion go through the syllabus and topics of each and every optional.

and then

select the subject in which you are most attracted and have a 80% interested topics in the syllabus

this is how you have to select the optional subjects

so, if you are interested in any optional select it even if every one says it as the toughest one ..
I think you are aware of the optional subjects.. In those you can select whatever you want there is no restrictions in this regard

Eventhough you are a B.Sc student if you are interested in Engineering subjects you can't select them no issues in selection of subjects.
But only one thing i want to say is Take the subject which you like the most.

this is all the opinion of my friends who are preparing for the same

I think this would helpful But thinking practically it may sound you something like dramatic or something but if you get experience you will also say the same words..

anyways,
Take the guidance of successful and unsuccessful candidates

All the best
Regards

~AdityA~
18th July 2011, 12:08 AM
subham7772

Default Re: Which subjects I should choose for IAS Mains after completing B.Sc. with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics?

You have completed your graduation. So, now your eligible for the IAS Entrance Examination.

So, If your aim is to become IAS Officer Then You have to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination. The Examination was Held Every Year and to apply for this examination.

Eligiblity Criteria :-

1.You must have a Graduate degree in any discipline from a recognised University.
2.Your age should be 21 to 30 years
3.Final Year Graduate Candidates are also eligible for UPSC Civil services examination.

So, After BSc. You are Eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services Examination.

Eligible candidates may apply for this examination Online and the Notification was published in the employment newspaper or in the UPSC official website in the month of February Every year.

Eligible Candidates may apply for This examination Online. The examination was conducted into 2 Stages, Preliminary exam and Main examination.

Firstly you have to crack the Preliminary examination, and then you are eligible to Sit in Main examination.

These are the following subject for the Preparation of I.A.S. Entrance :-

Part A – UPSC Preliminary Examination – Optional Subjects

1.General Studies
2.Agriculture
3.Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
4.Botany
5.Chemistry
6.Civil Engineering
7.Commerce
8.Economics
9.Electrical Engineering
10.Geography
11.Geology
12.Indian History
13.Law
14.Mathematics
15.Mechanical Engineering
16.Medical Science
17.Philosophy
18.Physics
19.Political Science
20.Psychology
21.Public Administration
22.Sociology
23.Statistics
24.Zoology

The UPSC have Already Changed the Preliminary Examination Pattern and Now there are 2 Paper in this examination And Both are Objective Type with 200 Marks Each. And After clear this examination you are eligible to sit for Main examination, And for More Information Please visit the UPSC Official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
18th July 2011, 12:19 AM
rana2011
Banned

Dear friend, ihave no more idea on IAS but in my opinion for chooseing optional in IAS I suggest you to take advice from any best coacher or any IAS officer (if you may make field).

On other hand I prefer you to that sub in which you are most attracted and have more intarested topics in the syllabus .

BEST OF LUCK!
18th July 2011, 02:27 PM
tdoll

c u cn choose phy n maths as u have done ur b.sc. with phy,maths and chem.
18th July 2011, 04:03 PM
rhl_paul

You have to take two optional papers in main exam.

among maths,chemistry and physics,you can take physics and chemistry and also math,provided you have the confidennce that whatever the type of question you will answer it perfectly.

remember that in tough exam like ias,merely a good exam is not enough to secure a rank,you hve to be among the best.
18th July 2011, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i have completed my m.sc (mathematices)....i am prepairing for ias.i selected 1st subject maths.but i have no idea for 2nd subject.plz suggest me with right choice...
plz rply me soon.....
thank you.

regards by:Priya
19th July 2011, 12:22 AM
sachin6

The minimum eligibility for ias exam : degree graduation and age limit is 21 to 30years. You choose anyone with your interest
19th July 2011, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

i have passed my xii class in science-maths with 70%. what should i do to become a ras officer ?
24th August 2011, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have passed my xii class in science-maths with 70%. what should i do to become a ras officer ?
yes,you can apply ias after graduation. Since you are student of pcm hence you chose science subjects.
21st September 2011, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

I have maths-stats in s.y.b.sc.can i apply for ias?-p.d.zala
21st January 2012, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

which subjects I should choose for IAS Mains after completing BSc with maths,statistics ,computer science.
10th February 2012, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

i m doing bsc agri how can i qualify civil service exam
25th May 2012, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

hello sir this rakesh i have done bsc maths, stats and computers how can i select the subjects? please give the information.
24th April 2013, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

HOW MANY SUBJECT ARE THERE TO CHOOSE FOR MAIN AND FOR PRELIMINARY EXAM?
7th May 2014, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

Now I have have completed 12 in science branch which optional subject should I choose for IAA plz reply
20th September 2014, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

after doing bsc pcm it is compulsory to choose maths ,physics,chemistry i cnt choose any other subject expect it
7th October 2014, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

Which subject is good for IAS officer for bsc maths student
30th June 2019, 03:40 AM
Unregistered

I am doing Bsc in medical Lab technology . It is Technical type of Graduation . I am eligible for Civil Services or not .
13th September 2020, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

In mains exam how many subjects are reqired? And for bsc math's student which subjects are best to choose?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?