21st July 2011, 09:59 PM
amul vino

Syllabus of GATE Exam for EEE branch? Best study materials to prepare for the exam?

can i know the sylllabus of GATE exam for eee branch and best study materials ...

Related Questions:
  1. Syllabus of GATE Exam for EEE branch? Best study materials to prepare for the exam?
  2. Syllabus for GATE Exam for EEE stream? Study Materials to prepare for this Exam?
  3. Best Coaching centers for GATE Exam for EEE stream?
  4. Where can I get study materials to prepare for GATE Exam in IT stream?
  5. How to prepare for GATE exam? Which books to refer for the GATE EEE exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Study Materials to prepare for GATE Exam for Mathematics?
  7. How can I prepare to get good marks in GATE? Study materials for preparation?
  8. How can I prepare for GATE after passing EEE branch
  9. How to prepare for GATE Exam being a candidate with the stream of Computer Science? Study Materials for this Exam?
  10. Whether JOB or HIGHER STUDY is the purpose of GATE exam? Books and important topics to crack GATE examination for EEE stream students?
  11. How to prepare for OBGC exam after doing B.E in mechanical engineering? Syllabus and study materials?
  12. Syllabus for IES EEE branch? How to prepare for the exam?
  13. Which Books I have to prepare for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech in EEE and not interested to take coaching for GATE Exam?
  14. How can I prepare for GATE after doing B.E civil engineering?
  15. How to prepare for Power Grid Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech in EEE? Syllabus and best books to prepare for the Exam?
  16. Required Eligibility criteria to appear for GATE Exam? Which is the perfect Reference Book to prepare for this Exam? Where can I get study material to prepare for this Exam?
  17. Study material to prepare for GATE exam with Computer Science stream?
  18. How to manage time to prepare for GATE along with preparation of semester's exam? Study materials for preparation? -- [New]
8th August 2011, 05:48 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Syllabus of GATE Exam for EEE branch? Best study materials to prepare for the exam?

Dear Friend

You can take opt to appear GATE with any subject present in its domain.
As such there is no branch EEE mentioned in GATE.

You have mentioned that you are from EEE stream which is basically
in the Electrical Engineering domain so I am mentioning the syllabus of
Electrical Engineering for GATE.

Kindly Follow the contents below.

Syllabus for Electrical Engineering (EE)
Engineering Mathematics

Linear Algebra:

Matrix Algebra, Systems of linear equations, Eigen values and eigen vectors.

Calculus:

Mean value theorems, Theorems of integral calculus, Evaluation of definite and improper integrals, Partial Derivatives, Maxima and minima, Multiple integrals, Fourier series. Vector identities, Directional derivatives, Line, Surface and Volume integrals, Stokes, Gauss and Green's theorems.

Differential equations:

First order equation (linear and nonlinear), Higher order linear differential equations with constant coefficients, Method of variation of parameters, Cauchy's and Euler's equations, Initial and boundary value problems, Partial Differential Equations and variable separable method.

Complex variables:

Analytic functions, Cauchy's integral theorem and integral formula, Taylor's and Laurent' series, Residue theorem, solution integrals.

Probability and Statistics:

Sampling theorems, Conditional probability, Mean, median, mode and standard deviation, Random variables, Discrete and continuous distributions, Poisson, Normal and Binomial distribution, Correlation and regression analysis.

Numerical Methods:

Solutions of non-linear algebraic equations, single and multi-step methods for differential equations.

Transform Theory:

Fourier transform, Laplace transform, Z-transform.

Electrical Engineering

Electric Circuits and Fields:

Network graph, KCL, KVL, node and mesh analysis, transient response of dc and ac networks; sinusoidal steady-state analysis, resonance, basic filter concepts; ideal current and voltage sources, Thevenin's, Norton's and Superposition and Maximum Power Transfer theorems, two-port networks, three phase circuits; Gauss Theorem, electric field and potential due to point, line, plane and spherical charge distributions; Ampere's and Biot-Savart's laws; inductance; dielectrics; capacitance.

Signals and Systems:

Representation of continuous and discrete-time signals; shifting and scaling operations; linear, time-invariant and causal systems; Fourier series representation of continuous periodic signals; sampling theorem; Fourier, Laplace and Z transforms.

Electrical Machines:

Single phase transformer - equivalent circuit, phasor diagram, tests, regulation and efficiency; three phase transformers - connections, parallel operation; auto-transformer; energy conversion principles; DC machines - types, windings, generator characteristics, armature reaction and commutation, starting and speed control of motors; three phase induction motors - principles, types, performance characteristics, starting and speed control; single phase induction motors; synchronous machines - performance, regulation and parallel operation of generators, motor starting, characteristics and applications; servo and stepper motors.

Power Systems:

Basic power generation concepts; transmission line models and performance; cable performance, insulation; corona and radio interference; distribution systems; per-unit quantities; bus impedance and admittance matrices; load flow; voltage control; power factor correction; economic operation; symmetrical components; fault analysis; principles of over-current, differential and distance protection; solid state relays and digital protection; circuit breakers; system stability concepts, swing curves and equal area criterion; HVDC transmission and FACTS concepts.

Control Systems:

Principles of feedback; transfer function; block diagrams; steady-state errors; Routh and Niquist techniques; Bode plots; root loci; lag, lead and lead-lag compensation; state space model; state transition matrix, controllability and observability.

Electrical and Electronic Measurements:

Bridges and potentiometers; PMMC, moving iron, dynamometer and induction type instruments; measurement of voltage, current, power, energy and power factor; instrument transformers; digital voltmeters and multimeters; phase, time and frequency measurement; Q-meters; oscilloscopes; potentiometric recorders; error analysis.

Analog and Digital Electronics:

Characteristics of diodes, BJT, FET; amplifiers - biasing, equivalent circuit and frequency response; oscillators and feedback amplifiers; operational amplifiers - characteristics and applications; simple active filters; VCOs and timers; combinational and sequential logic circuits; multiplexer; Schmitt trigger; multi-vibrators; sample and hold circuits; A/D and D/A converters; 8-bit microprocessor basics, architecture, programming and interfacing.

Power Electronics and Drives:

Semiconductor power diodes, transistors, thyristors, triacs, GTOs, MOSFETs and IGBTs - static characteristics and principles of operation; triggering circuits; phase control rectifiers; bridge converters - fully controlled and half controlled; principles of choppers and inverters; basis concepts of adjustable speed dc and ac drives.

Syllabus for General Aptitude (GA)
(Common to all papers)

Verbal Ability:

English grammar, sentence completion, verbal analogies, word groups, instructions, critical reasoning and verbal deduction.

Numerical Ability:

Numerical computation, numerical estimation, numerical reasoning and data interpretation.

**Ref: http://gate.iitm.ac.in/
23rd August 2011, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Syllabus of GATE Exam for EEE branch? Best study materials to prepare for the exam?

i would like to say mr. vike that , eee is not basically electrical engineering ,it have both
"electrical & electronics" as a core subject
24th September 2011, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

just show the subjets of eee for gate..pls
14th October 2011, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

which text book is best for gate
21st October 2011, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

tell me in which branch i can do mtech after passing in eee branch
22nd October 2011, 02:17 AM
abhin91
Member+

HI, I AM ATTACHING HERETHE SYLLABUS FOR GATE 2012 FOE ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING BRANCH.PLEASE DOWNLOAD.
STUDY MATERIAL:

Gate Guide Electrical Engg(with CD)
81-8355-021-5
Rs 695.00
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ee.pdf(109.4 KB, 329 views)
25th October 2011, 10:45 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Sir,
I have compiled study material for GATE and want to help poor ... to send me the gate material for gate-2010 for Computer Science branch. i need ... if you will provide me the material, so that i can prepare for exams, my ... If u give permission i also join your group and i too help to my level best in this regard. ...
8th November 2011, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
which text book is best for gate
for eee branch give me satisfy syllabus
30th November 2011, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

can i give GATE exam by opting EEE as my B.TECH degree.
20th February 2012, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

sir,is it required to start gate preparation from 2nd year of B.E
2nd April 2012, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

please give the 2013
syllabus of gate exam for eee
16th September 2012, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

mera branch eee hai bt gate ka paper ee ka banta hai aur dono ke syllabus me anter hai.guide me.
31st August 2013, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

different syllabus are available for above webpage,which one is correct
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?