15th February 2011, 03:17 PM
tshankarnadh

Syllabus of JTO examination for Electronics and Communication branch?

syllabus for the jto in electronics and communication

15th February 2011, 08:40 PM
xavi

Default Re: Syllabus of JTO examination for Electronics and Communication branch?

freind hi,

--The notification for JTO-2011 is not published but it is expected to be published in
either February or March.
--The eligibility criteria is as follow:
-Age Limit:
-Age limit for BSNL-JTO exam is the same as in UPSC exams.
-GEN: upper age limit 30 years
-OBC: 3 year relaxation
-SC/ST: 5 year relaxation
-Educational Qualification:
-A B.E./B.Tech. degree in
Telecommunication, Electronics, Radio, Computer, Electrical, Information Technology
for Telecom section
-B.E./B.Tech. degree in
Civil Engineering for JTO-Civil section.
-B.E./B.Tech. degree in
Electrical Engineering for JTO-Electrical section.
Candidates who are in final year of B.E./B.Tech. are also eligible to apply
provided that they complete their graduation by December of the year.

--Your age is very critical for JTO exam. During the last JTO exam there was no
any clause for minimum age but according to UPSC rules one should be minimum
21 years old for joining in these jobs.
You might be 21 years old at the time of examination So, there should not be any problem.
I would suggest you to contact the examination authority for JTO exam, once the
notification is out.

all the best
15th February 2011, 09:25 PM
mohit brh

Default Re: Syllabus of JTO examination for Electronics and Communication branch?

A lot of candidates have asked for syllabus for BSNL JTO Exam. Please read the detailed syllabus for BSN JTO Exam that will help you prepare for the Exam.

Syllabus for BSNL Junior Telecom Officers (JTO)

i have uploaded syllabus you can chek out.
Attached Files
File Type: docx TELECOM BRANCH.docx(12.5 KB, 2641 views)
16th February 2011, 11:50 AM
vasanthi89

Scheme and Syllabus for the Recruitment of
Junior Telecom Officers(ECE)

For Direct Recruitment of Junior Telecom Officers, an objective type Examination of 3
hours duration consisting of following sectional papers will be conducted:
SCHEME
A. Engineering Stream Section - I
B. Engineering Stream Section - II
C. General Ability Test Section - III

1. The standard of paper in Engineering subjects will be that of Engineering Degree
Examination of an Indian University.
2. In the general ability test, special attention will be paid to assess the candidate’s capacity
for general awareness. The standard of paper in general ability test will be such as may
be expected of an Engineering Graduate.
3. The syllabus for engineering stream papers will be as given below.

SYLLABUS
SECTION - I

1. Materials and components:
Structure and properties of Electronic Engineering materials, Conductors, Semiconductors
and Insulators, Magnetic, Ferroelectric, Piezoelectric, Ceramic, Optical and
Superconducting materials. Passive components and characteristics, Resistors,
Capacitors and Inductors; Ferrites, Quartz crystal, Ceramic resonators, Electromagnetic
and Electromechanical components.

2. Physical Electronics, Electron Devices and ICs
Electrons and holes in semiconductors, Carrier Statistics, Mechanics of current flow in a
semi-conductor, Hall effect; Junction theory; Different types of diodes and their
characteristics; Bipolar Junction transistor; Field effect transistors; Power switching
devices like SCRs, CTOs, power MOSFETs; Basics of ICs-bipolar, MOS and CMOS types;
Basics of Opto Electronics.

3. Network theory
Network analysis techniques: Network theorem, transcient and steady state sinusoidal
response, Transmission criteria: delay and rise time Elmore’s and other definition, effect
of cascading. Elements of network synthesis.

4. Electromagnetic Theory
Transmission lines: basic theory, standing waves, matching applications, microstrip lines;
Basics of waveguides and resonators; Elements of antenna theory.
5. Electronic Measurements and instrumentation
Basic concepts, standards and error analysis; Measurements of basic electrical quantities
and parameters; Electronic measuring instruments and their principles of working: analog
and digital, comparison, characteristics, applications. Transducers; Electronic
measurements of non-electrical quantities like temperature, pressure, humidity etc.
Basics of telemetry for industrial use.

6. Power Electronics
Power Semiconductor devices, Thyristor, Power transistor, MOSFETs, Characteristics and
operation. AC to DC convertors; 1-Phase and 3-phase DC to DC Convertors.
AC regulators. Thyristor controlled reactors, switched capacitor networks.
Inverters: Single-phase and 3-phase. Pulse width modulation. Sinusoidal modulation with
uniform sampling. Switched mode power supplies.

SECTION-II
1. Analog Electronic Circuits
Transistor biasing and stabilization, Small Signal analysis. Power amplifiers. Frequency
response, Wide band techniques, Feedback amplifiers. Tuned amplifiers. Oscillators.
Rectifiers and power supplies. Operational Amplifier, other linear integrated circuits and
applications. Pulse shaping circuits and waveform generators.

2. Digital Electronic Circuits
Transistor as a switching element; Boolean algebra, simplification of Boolean functions,
Karnaugh Map and applications; IC Logic gates and their characteristics; IC logic families:
DTL, TTL, ECL, NMOS, PMOS and CMOS gates and their comparison; Combinational logic
circuits; Half adder, full adder; Digital Compartor; Multiplexer Demultiplexer; ROM and
their applications. Flip-flops, R-S, J-K, D and T flip-flops; Different types of counters and
registers; waveform generators. A/D and D/A convertors. Semiconductor memories.

3. Control Systems
Transient and steady state response of control systems; Effect of feedback on stability
and sensitivity, Root locus techniques; Frequency response analysis. Concepts of gain
and phase margins; Constant-M and Constant-N Nichol’s Chart; Approximation of
transient response from Constant-N Nichol’s Chart; Approximation of transient response
from closed loop frequency response; Design of Control Systems, Compensators;
Industrial controllers.

4. Communication systems
Basic information theory: Modulation and detection in analogue and digital systems;
Sampling and data reconstruction. Quantization & Coding; Time division and frequency
division multiplexing; Equalisation; Optical Communication: in free space & fibre optic;
Propagation of signals at HF, VHF, UHF and microwave frequency; Satellite
communication.

5. Microwave Engineering
Microwave Tubes and solid state devices, Microwave generation and amplifiers,
Waveguides and other Microwave Components and Circuits, Microstrip circuits,
Microwave antennas, Microwave Measurements, MASERS LASERS; Microwave
Propogation. Microwave Communication Systems-terrestrial and satellite based.

6. Computer Engineering
Number Systems; Data representation; Programming; Elements of a high level
programming language PASCAL/C; use of basic data structures; Fundamentals of
computer architecture processor design; Control unit design; Memory organization. I/O
System Organization. Personal computers and their typical uses.

7. Microprocessors
Microprocessor architecture - Instruction set and simple assembly language
programming. Interfacing for memory and I/O. Applications of Microprocessors in
Telecommunications and power system.

SECTION-III

General ability test

The candidate’s comprehension and understanding of General English shall be tested
through simple exercises. Questions on knowledge of current events and of such matter
of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of
an educated person. Questions will also be included on events and developments in
Telecommunications, History of India and Geography. These will be of a nature, which
can be answered without special study by an educated person.
12th March 2011, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

how many percentage minimum have
29th July 2011, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

if we are a student of ECE,still we have to prepare the syllabus of electrical engineering
12th August 2011, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

I am doing final year (ECE).... I will finish it in april 2012....
When will the JTO exam will be conducted? Am i eligible for that....
30th August 2011, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

Is 32years old (GEN) eligible for JTO 2012?
30th August 2011, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

iam doing my 3rd yr eee i want the syllabus for eee students
18th October 2011, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

I am doing final year (ECE).... I will finish it in april 2012....
When will the JTO exam will be conducted? Am i eligible for that....
13th November 2011, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

plzzzzzzz give me syllabus for bsnl jto 2012
31st January 2012, 04:40 PM
gopalakrihnan

i did M.Sc(applied electronics) may i eligible for jto post
13th March 2012, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

i am student of ECE 2nd year ,how to prepare jto exam. please give me suggestions
26th June 2012, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

plz tel me whts the minimum marks in the exams whts the cutoff marks
9th February 2013, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

plzz inform me what is the particular site where i can get easily application form for bsnl
jto
11th February 2013, 07:51 AM
Unregistered

I am from ECE background..In Jto exam there is a common syllabus for ECE and EEE but we are not in touch with some of the subjects related to EEE..so How to prepare for those subjects??
19th December 2013, 10:55 PM

sir, I am studying b.tech final year E.C.E.I will be completed the b. tech in april 2014. can I eligible to write the J.T.O examination? if possible reply me sig as early as possible.
my email address is radhikap013.
28th December 2013, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

sir, I am studying b.tech final year ECE.I will be complete b.tech in april 2014. I want to know when will be the form for JTO will come out? And what would be the examination date for the same? My email address is [email protected].
22nd August 2015, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

In 2016 I'm going to complete my graduation in electronics branch BT I m going to complete my 21 in July 2016 so I'm elligibel or not
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?