5th February 2011, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

Syllabus of Graduate examination conducted by PSUs for ECE branch?

hello...i m apoorva ...doing B.Tech ,electronics n communication branch, 3 rd yr.....Is the syllabus for all psu related to my branch is same or different?...Also tel me d psu for which i cn appear...

9th February 2011, 07:06 PM
mohit brh

Default Re: Syllabus of Graduate examination conducted by PSUs for ECE branch?

i want to tell you that you can follow gate syllabus but exacept maths syllabus. i have given syllabus below.

1. Analog Electronic Circuits

Transistor biasing and stabilization, Small Signal analysis. Power amplifiers. Frequency response, Wide band techniques, Feedback amplifiers. Tuned amplifiers. Oscillators. Rectifiers and power supplies. Operational Amplifier, other linear integrated circuits and applications. Pulse shaping circuits and waveform generators.

2. Digital Electronic Circuits

Transistor as a switching element; Boolean algebra, simplification of Boolean functions, Karnaugh Map and applications; IC Logic gates and their characteristics; IC logic families: DTL, TTL, ECL, NMOS, PMOS and CMOS gates and their comparison; Combinational logic circuits; Half adder, full adder; Digital Compartor; Multiplexer Demultiplexer; ROM and their applications. Flip-flops, R-S, J-K, D and T flip-flops; Different types of counters and registers; waveform generators. A/D and D/A convertors. Semiconductor memories.

3. Control Systems

Transient and steady state response of control systems; Effect of feedback on stability and sensitivity, Root locus techniques; Frequency response analysis. Concepts of gain and phase margins; Constant-M and Constant-N Nichol's Chart; Approximation of transient response from Constant-N Nichol's Chart; Approximation of transient response from closed loop frequency response; Design of Control Systems, Compensators; Industrial controllers.

4. Communication Systems

Basic information theory: Modulation and detection in analogue and digital systems; Sampling and data reconstruction. Quantization & Coding; Time division and frequency division multiplexing; Equalization; Optical Communication: in free space & fibre optic; Propagation of signals at HF, VHF, UHF and microwave frequency; Satellite communication.

5. Microwave Engineering

Microwave Tubes and solid state devices, Microwave generation and amplifiers, Waveguides and other Microwave Components and Circuits, Microstrip circuits, Microwave antennas, Microwave Measurements, MASERS LASERS; Microwave Propagation. Microwave Communication Systems-terrestrial and satellite based.

6. Computer Engineering

Number Systems; Data representation; Programming; Elements of a high level programming language PASCAL/C; use of basic data structures; Fundamentals of computer architecture processor design; Control unit design; Memory organization. I/O System Organization. Personal computers and their typical uses.

7. Microprocessors

Microprocessor architecture - Instruction set and simple assembly language programming. Interfacing for memory and I/O. Applications of Microprocessors in Telecommunications and power system.
11th February 2011, 07:46 PM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Hello,

Its good that you are appearing for this exam.Well for the syllabus you can refer to GATE syllabus.Its very similar to GATE syllabus.You can refer to books like R.S.Agrawal.Prepare it well and you can make it through.
13th February 2011, 01:05 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

The syllabus for these exams mainly include third and fourth courses , so revise them properly.
13th February 2011, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

best book for psu exam for electronics and communicatin engg
7th March 2011, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
I don't know about psu.
plse mail to my Id_<[email protected]> all delail
and also send the syllable of psu for electonics communications.
Thanks you
19th June 2011, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

Syllabus of Graduate examination conducted by PSUs for Electronics&instrumentation control branch?
21st July 2011, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

hii, i am kumar satyam , study in final year, please send <[email protected]>fully syllabus of analytical maths & analytical english,reasoning.
31st October 2011, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

hi i am in ece (B.E 2nd year).can anyone tell me the exact syllabus of psu? is it contains only the syllabus of 1to 5th sem of ece(B.E).please instruct me about it.
6th November 2011, 08:39 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

The syllabus for the PSU's is same as the GATE syllabus.

I am attaching the syllabus for ECE, you can refer to it. Or notify me your branch, so that I can help you.

All the best.
Attached Files
File Type: doc GATE 2011 Syllabus for ECE is as follows.doc(27.5 KB, 118 views)
16th February 2012, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
my self Bharat Kumar i want to get all details about psu.so please send me all details in my e.mail id<[email protected]>do'nt forgot syllabus.
29th August 2012, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

helo sir, i m anusuya. now i m doing my final yr BE(ECE). plz guide me when the psu exam will be conduct? and where ? am i eligible to write the exam or not? plz give instructionto me sir. plz snd date to [email protected].... thank u
23rd September 2012, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

i am some extra information about psu,if u should get success go through gate forum and briliant tutorial notes.for tech and for aptt-reffr r.s agarwal
25th January 2013, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

Syllabus of graduate examination conducted by PSUs for EC branch
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?