17th April 2011, 07:28 PM
joyjitsarkar

Is Tax officer and Tax assistant same?

Tax officer and tax assistant are same or not?

thanks

Related Questions:
  1. What steps should be taken after BBM in order to become a Sales tax or Income tax officer?
  2. Procedure of exams for Income Tax Assistant, Income Tax Inspector and Income Tax Officer? When the exams will be held?
  3. Procedure to become an Income Tax Assistant after completion of CMA? How much time doe it takes to become an Income Tax Assistant? -- [New]
  4. Steps to be taken to become a Sales Tax or Income Tax Officer?
  5. What should I study further after completing 12th to become an Income Tax Officer?
  6. What are the vacancies for income tax/sales tax officer
  7. Can I get job in Income tax department if my subjects are PCM in 11th?
  8. How can I apply for income tax/sales tax officer?
  9. How to apply for Government jobs in Income tax and Sales tax office?
  10. Eligibility to apply for income tax jobs at the age of 31 after completing BA with 50% marks?
  11. How to get Income Tax Officer job?
  12. Details of becoming Income tax officer for physically challenged student after B.Com?
  13. How to become an income tax officer after completing B.Com? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Whether B.Sc(IT) pursuing candidate is eligible to apply for Income Tax Officer entrance exam?
  15. From where to get Income Tax Officer form? How to fill up the form and how to become an Income Tax Officer? What about preparation?
  16. Information regarding Entrance Exam and Procedure to become Income Tax Officer?
  17. Available Income tax department jobs and form issue dates for the same?
  18. Difference between Syllabus of Income Tax Officer and Sales Tax Officer? From where do I need to start the preparation?
12th May 2011, 04:18 PM
Neenubaby
Member+

Default Re: Is Tax officer and Tax assistant same?

Hi,

No, Tax officer and Tax assistant are not same.
Income tax officer designation includes Group B in the manpower of Income tax department and Income tax assistant includes Group C in the manpower of income tax department.So the scale of pay of Tax officer and tax assistant are different.Selection procedure is also different.
If you want more information,you can search with this link:

http://www.incometaxindia.gov.in/cbdt/manpower.asp

Regards...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?