24th January 2011, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

Is there any entrance exam to be answered to get a government job after doing diploma in civil engineering?

Dear Sir/Madam

Namaste!

I am K patel from Gujarat (rajkot). I have completed a diploma in Civil Engineering. I would like to get a government job. Is there any entrance exam through which I can get a government job?

Regards

18th March 2011, 08:04 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any entrance exam to be answered to get a government job after doing diploma in civil engineering?

To get any Government job it is a must to clear entrance exam. But for that you should have pursued the course from a recognised institute. There are various PSC tests that are conducted by each state government. It is would be advisable for you continue your studies like taking up graduation. The prospects thereafter that are higher.
24th April 2011, 10:14 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is there any entrance exam to be answered to get a government job after doing diploma in civil engineering?

List of the entrance tests
5th June 2011, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

is there any entrance exam for civl engieering
4th July 2011, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

is there any campus interviews for civil engineers
30th August 2011, 11:49 PM
sadhan123

Thumbs up Re: Is there any entrance exam to be answered to get a government job after doing diploma in civil engineering?

hello K patel,
There are many opportunities for diploma in civil engineering in govt. sector as well as private sector. As you are interested in getting into the govt. sector.

>> First and foremost subscribe in jobs portal websites wherein you get the latest updates of govt. jobs. i would suggest you subscribe in employment news, google sms channel, regularly visit the freshersworld website.

>>coming to your question:
For the records each and every govt jobs have written test concerning the job for selecting the candidate. (to be clear, written test is like the entrance exam for the job).
after the written exam. there may be group discussion/ personal inteview. it all depends on the type of job. but mostly written test is common to any govt job.

FOR AN EXAMPLE:
> for instance if you want to get into the railways, RRB (railway Recruitment board) conducts the written exams every year for selecting the candidates for Jr. engg(civil), jr. engg (mech), sectional engg. and for many posts. for RRB the written exam is important there wont be any interview.

>for instance if u want to get into the staff selection commission, these ssc exams are conducted by the union public commissions every year. these examinations have written exam as well as the personal interview. so it all depends on the institute.

>as you are diploma in civil engineer. you will have a pay band of 9300- 34000+ grade pay in the govt sector. the pay band may vary form one govt job to other.

> job opportunities for diploma in civil engineering:

-railways
-staff selection
-BARC
-BHEL
-DRDO
many more...

EXAM PATTERN FOR MOST OF THE GOVT JOBS:

there are three main areas you need to cover:

>>general knowledge, reasoning & aptitude.

>>technical knowledge

>>current affairs.

but my sincere advice is go for the further studies like completing the bachelor engineering in civil. then you will have lot more opportunities than the above. you can also apply for prestigious examinations like IES and IAS.

i hope my advice does help you out. any mistakes forgive me.

regards- SADHAN
4th December 2011, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

LIST OF THE GOVT. JOB EXAMS BY WHICH A DIPLOMA CIVIL ENGINEER CAN GET A GOVT. JOB PLEASE GIVE THEIR LINKS ALSO
31st January 2013, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir/madam,Hello I have completed graduation in science & also working in construction since 8years in civil, but now i want to do diploma in civil through distance mode, on a aicte aproved university,now i am 3oyears , so please sugest the list of university. With regards! Ashis
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?