18th September 2011, 04:56 PM
ketkul

Is there any entrance exam based on NEET? How many hours should I study?

sir,
I am in 11th std.i want to get in AIIMS(MBBS),but i dont have idea about entrance exam.Is the entrance exam based on NEET? for how many hours should i study?

7th November 2011, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is there any entrance exam based on NEET? How many hours should I study?

How many colleges came under this NEET EXAMS accuratley?
21st March 2013, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is there any entrance exam based on NEET? How many hours should I study?

i am very weak at chemistry............what should i do......neet is coming............
22nd March 2013, 08:22 PM
yumnamgirish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketkul View Post
sir,
I am in 11th std.i want to get in AIIMS(MBBS),but i dont have idea about entrance exam.Is the entrance exam based on NEET? for how many hours should i study?

>>NEET UG ::: National eligibility cum entrance test.

>> Exam conducted by ::: CBSE for the entrance of medical colleges in India.

>> At latest AIPMT is replaced by NEET UG.

>> Subject for the exam::: physics , chemistry and biology.

>> Candidate who have not taken biology in the 12th class cannot apply for NEET UG

>>There will be 3 hours exam , objective type exam.

>>For you it is the exact time to start for the preparation, give more stress on the biology, then comes to physics and chemistry. For best result you can join some coaching centre which provide coaching for NEET UG. Just go through to the NCERT books first and later on handle the higher level books.

1st July 2013, 10:33 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketkul View Post
sir,
Yes there is a medical entrance examination called NEET. Full form of NEET is National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. This exam is conducted by the CBSE Board. But you have to remember that AIIMS New Delhi is not a part of NEET. It will conduct its own exam separately.

The main objective of this exam is to ease the workload of the students who earlier used to prepare for multiple exams and that meant mugging by heart multiple syllabus and getting accustomed to more than one exam pattern. That was really gruesome and quite an improbable task for many. But now with most of the medical colleges under NEET, this one exam is working towards giving more freedom and space to the students.

To sit for the NEET Exam you have to pass 10+2 level exam with physics, chemistry and biology or biotechnology. Along with that you need to maintain 50% of marks in aggregate at 10+2 level.

Reserved category candidates needs to get 45% of marks instead. It it important for you to have English as one of your compulsory subject at 10+2 level. If you have already appeared for the 10+2 level exam and waiting for the result to come out then you will be given provisional admission.

Exam Pattern:-
  • There will be just one single paper for you and it will contain 180 Questions in total. They will be objective type questions and you will get 4 options for each questions.
  • Questions will come from the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology).
  • You will get three hours to complete the paper and questions will be set in both Hindi and English.
NEET Exam Tips:-
  • This exam will be conducted by the CBSE board therefore please consult the NCERT Books for sure. Solve as many exercise as possible.
  • Keep a clock beside you and try to solve the questions in a fixed time set by you. This should be done on a regular basis to learn more about time management.
  • You should try to write the important summary of important chapters and make your own notes so that you can go through them before the exam.
  • In biology give importance to diagrams. In physics most of the questions will be formula based so revise all the important expressions thoroughly.
  • As far as chemistry is concerned this is the most scoring area. Organic, inorganic, Stoichiometry, coordination compounds and physical chemistry are the most important topics.
Hope this helps :-> :->
23rd May 2016, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

How many hours should I study for preparation for neet exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?