20th May 2015, 12:22 PM
agrima juneja

Is there any extra weightage given to CBSE student at the time of admission in universities?

I want to know that if it matters that we have qualified our 12 th from CBSE board or state board ? I mean is their any extra weightage for CBSE students ? Is board considered a criteria by the universities ?

Related Questions:
20th May 2015, 09:35 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is there any extra weightage given to CBSE student at the time of admission in universities?

Please note that there is no any extra weightage given to any board either CBSE or any State Board while considering admission to student in Institute/College/University. All eligible students are equally eligible for admission irrespective of their board. Only the marks in obtained in last qualifying examination from concerned board are taken into consideration in the process of admission. However, in most cases there is provision of entrance test for admission process. In short, nature or type of board from which student has completed his/her intermediate are not taken into consideration.
21st May 2015, 04:23 PM
rakesh_batra
Member+

Default Re: Is there any extra weightage given to CBSE student at the time of admission in universities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrima juneja View Post
I want to know that if it matters that we have qualified our 12 th from CBSE board or state board ? I mean is their any extra weightage for CBSE students ? Is board considered a criteria by the universities ?
Only percentage or entrance exam marks are considered for taking admission in colleges/universities. If you have got good percentage, then there are some options for some reputed and well-known universities which you should target:
1) Lovely Professional University
2) Chitkara University
3) ITM University
4) Osmania University
5) Delhi University

You just need to navigate to their website (by doing google search) to find out the courses they offer, fee structure, scholarships offered, infrastructure, etc.........based on which you can make your mind further.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?