8th June 2011, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

Will 1 practical backlog affect my prospects to get admission in top US universities?

hi im a student just finished 2nd year mechanical engg.. i have an aggregate gpa of about 8.5 but i have have 1 practicals backlog which i will clear before the start of 5th semester .. will this affect my prospects at top us universities..
my Xth marks are 90%(CBSE) and XIIth is 89%(CBSE)
please do advise..

Related Questions:
  1. Prospects in top US universities Mechanical Engineering with 8.5 GPA and 1 backlog?
  2. Whether my backlogs will affect the admission in universities of Canada?
  3. Having backlog in semester will affect job placement? Will it affect salary also?
  4. Can I apply for MDS in USA if having supple in BDS?
  5. Will I be able to get admission in top universities of US pursuing 2nd year of BE in Mechanical Engineering? Required procedure for this?
  6. Future prospects of studying MBA in UK?
  7. Will I get admission into best colleges after BMM with various backlog history?
  8. Reappearing in Chemistry through NIOS board will affect the job prospects? Pursuing further studies through regular college is possible after studying from NIOS board? -- [New]
  9. How can get admission in top universities for M.Tech Automotive Engineering? GATE coaching in Hyderabad? Percentage needed to get admission in top universities?
  10. Difficulties to get admission in M.Sc in Abroad if having a backlog in 2nd year of B.Sc(Microbiology)?
  11. Best universities offering genetic engineering course in North Indian? What are the prospects in this field?
  12. Will it affect my job prospects by any chance if I clear PCC exam with more number of attempts?
  13. Am I eligible to appear in B.Com final year exam having 4 supplementary papers in 2nd year?
  14. How may I seek admission in top universities for MS after passing B.Tech with 63% marks?
  15. If I get a backlog after getting placed then does it affect my job placement? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Minimum requirement to get admission in Ph.D in top 100 universities?
  17. How to do MS in US in top universities? I have completed B.E in ECE
  18. How to do MS in US? Which are the top universities for MS in Networking?
9th November 2011, 09:28 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Default Re: Will 1 practical backlog affect my prospects to get admission in top US universities?

Hello,
You have nice aggregate GPA.Although 1 practical backlog,may distract your uniform marks pattern.
If you are concerning about university in US,then undoubtedly it will affect your Resume.Moreover it depends on the Institute in which you wish to get admission,that the administration would give weightage to your GPA,Secondary and High school performances.
It's completely depens on the methodology of the university Administration.
Ok,Best of luck.
14th November 2011, 05:53 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Will 1 practical backlog affect my prospects to get admission in top US universities?

Dear,I will evaluate the university and will give your chances. ... So can i got admission in good universities of USA? ... Wat universities in top 50 can I get? ... MS Computer Science with GRE:1130 Q620 V510 and TOEFL: 100 UG 65% No backlogs UG University:JNTUK. My ..... Will my prospects be affected bcoz of AWA score. ...
14th November 2011, 06:06 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Dear,I will evaluate the university and will give your chances. ... So can i got admission in good universities of USA? ... Wat universities in top 50 can I get? ... MS Computer Science with GRE:1130 Q620 V510 and TOEFL: 100 UG 65% No backlogs UG University:JNTUK. My ..... Will my prospects be affected bcoz of AWA score. ...
14th November 2011, 06:15 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Sir,I will evaluate the university and will give your chances. ... So can i got admission in good universities of USA? ... Wat universities in top 50 can I get? ... MS Computer Science with GRE:1130 Q620 V510 and TOEFL: 100 UG 65% No backlogs UG University:JNTUK. My ..... Will my prospects be affected bcoz of AWA score. ...
7th December 2012, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

Hi i have done my BE in Mechatronics with 7.00 cp1, and i have 2.5 years of experience in L&T powai. But i have 1 backlog in 7th sem, also to cover that i have taken 1 subject extra i.e. instead of usual 40 subjects i have taken 41. will this help me rectify my backlog and does workexperience count for the admission for MS in usa, germany, or singapore?
14th December 2012, 11:41 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi im a student just finished 2nd year mechanical engg.. i have an aggregate gpa of about 8.5 but i have have 1 practicals backlog which i will clear before the start of 5th semester .. will this affect my prospects at top us universities..
my Xth marks are 90%(CBSE) and XIIth is 89%(CBSE)
please do advise..
Hi,
I do not think that this minor issue will hamper anything. Your marks are wonderful, so application for job in any company will not be a problem, if you maintain this standard. You just clear your backlog before you finish your graduation. If you maintain this much CGPA, then you can surely get a chance for Infosys or HCL or CapGemini. The highest marks cut-off for any company is around 65%. With the high amount of marks that you have got, it should not be a problem to clear the aptitude tests for the companies. Then if you impress your examiners in the technical interview, you will become their employee.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?