8th September 2017, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

Tips to prepare for IAS and PCS exam? What is the age limit to apply?

Hello, my name is nidhi, Can you please provide me the details on the age limit to apply for IAS and PCS exam? Also, give me some good tips which would help me to clear the exam. It will be really helpful if you can answer me back soon. Thank you!

9th September 2017, 10:03 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Tips to prepare for IAS and PCS exam? What is the age limit to apply?

Age limit to apply for Civil Services exam:

It is 21-32 years for open category candidates. There is three years upper age relaxation to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.

The age limit to PCS exam is 21-35 years for majority of states. You can check official website of your state.

Tips to prepare for these exams:

Read daily newspapers, watch RSTV debates on Big picture for current affairs.

Follow Insight or G.K today for contemporary issues.

Focus on subjects like Geography, History, Constitution and Polity.

Solve previous years papers and mock papers.
9th September 2017, 05:05 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Tips to prepare for IAS and PCS exam? What is the age limit to apply?

UPSC conducts Civil Service Examination for recruitment as an I.A.S Officer while PCS examination is conducted by respective state.

The age limit to appear in Civil Service examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

The age limit for appearing in State PCS varies with state. So, you can visit official website for details.

To qualify in examination you need to prepare for examination with determination, dedication and devotion with a proper strategy.

For syllabus and selection procedure visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
9th September 2017, 07:01 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that officially IAS examination is referred as Civil Services examination which is held UPSC once every year.

As far as you are concerned about the age limit for Civil Services examination and other PCS examination then I would like to let you know that the age limit for former examination is 21 years to 32 years where as the age limit for later varies for different states but for an idea it lies within the range of 21 years to 33 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

As far as you are concerned about the tips for clearing these examinations then to be fair for these competitive examinations no shortcuts works and what pays is your hardwork behind the preparation of these examinations as the success rate of these examinations are very less.

But for the preparation point of view you must go through the newspapers like The Hindu, Times of India, etc. and current affairs and general knowledge along with the through knowledge of History, Geography, Polity and Economics of India or concerned state to start with for sure. Further you can join any coaching center on preparation of these examinations to properly guide you as the syllabus of these examinations are very vast and could lead to confusion without proper guidance.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in where as for details regarding different state PSCs you can refer to their respective official links.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?