27th June 2010, 07:22 PM
zuber choudhary

Tips to prepare for IIT JEE?

i am in 10th std after 12th i want to do iitjee so give me some tips about iitjee

12th April 2011, 03:38 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Tips to prepare for IIT JEE?

The tips for IIT-JEE is as under-
1. Starting Preparation For IIT JEE ---
As this is the best time to revise your previous chapters thoroughly so its better for you that without wasting your time just go through the (topics like algebra, mecanics) which had been taught in 9th class.A clear understanding and an easy familiarity with the concepts and laws is very important. Your maximum attention should be paid to solving problems

2. Selection Of Coaching Institutes
Always keep in mind that the institute you are going to join must have a strong reputation and postal tests, on-the-spot tests and lecture sessions are there.Also check whether the fees of that institute is a nominal one & have an experienced faculty.

3. Temperal Balance
At the time of paper make yourself stress free & in a cheerful & positive mood.Do not worry about the minimum cut-off marks for JEE.

4. Books- Here are some books that you can refer
(a)Physics

* MECHANICS
o Physics by H.C. Verma
o Problems in physics by I.E. Irodov
o Resnick and Halliday
* ELECRICITY AND MAGNETISM
o Resnick and Halliday
o Circuits devices and systems by R.J. SmithProblems in physics by I.E. Irodov
* OPTICS
o Physics by H.C. Verma
* MODERN PHYSICS
o Physics by H.C. Verma
o Problems in Physics by I.E. Irodov
* HEAT AND WAVES
o Physics by H.C. Verma
o Resnick and Halliday

(b)Chemistry

* ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
o Morrison & Boyd
o Solutions to Morrison Boyd
o Reaction mechanism in Organic Chemistry by Parmar ∓ Chawla
* INORGANIC CHEMISTRY
o NCERT Inorganic Chemistry
o Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee
o IIT Chemistry by O.P. Aggarwal
* GENERAL CHEMISTRY
o J.D. Lee
o O.P. Aggarwal
o R.C.Mukerjee

(c)Maths

* ALGEBRA
o High school mathematics by Hall and Knight
o IIT Maths by M.L. Khanna
* CALCULUS amp; ANALYTIC GEOMETRY
o G.N.Berman
o Calculus and analytic geometry by Thomas and Finney
o Coordinate geometry by Loney
o I.A.Maron
* VECTORS

5. Course Planning
Its better to make a planning in advance as a screening test is being conducted in this exam.So finishing syllabus atleast a month before the exam is essential.The summer vacations in 12th class can be utilized fully. So its better for you to divide your chapters quarterly & do study according to that.

6. Important Topics
Choosing the right topics for maximum study is very important not only for clearing JEE but also for getting a high rank. Lots of topics in JEE syllabus require a huge lot of time, incomparable to that required by other topics. Spending too much time on these topics and ignoring other topics leads to drastic failure in rank.Lots of topics in JEE are very easy and are of NCERT level.The key to topping JEE is to maximize your scoring in these topics which boosts the rank. Many such topics require considerably less time and is much much less than the time required by certain other topics with proportionate marks.

7. Examination Strategies For IIT JEE
Its better to make your own strategy before the exam & try to follow it completely.
12th April 2011, 10:10 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Worried about IIT , Books and preparations !!!

Well friend, Being an IIT aspirant should not worried about silly questions, you need to be more mature,

You need to boost yourself and have to concentrate your mind towards IIT JEE preparations only , Then only you can crack IIT JEE.

If you haven't join any IIT JEE Coaching then you should join as soon as possible,

Because it helps a lot, Studied at coaching institute and repeated practice @ home will definitely pay's off...

always hard work is highlighted...

I am providing you a link, For book you can refer books as referred by many Experienced crackers..BOOKS BOOKS IIT JEE BOOKS.

here's the link you can find best Coaching Institute For IIT Jee IIT JEE Coaching
12th April 2011, 12:00 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,

Well friend, Being an IIT aspirant should not worried about silly questions, you need to be more mature,

You need to boost yourself and have to concentrate your mind towards IIT JEE preparations only , Then only you can crack IIT JEE.

If you haven't join any IIT JEE Coaching then you should join as soon as possible,

Because it helps a lot, Studied at coaching institute and repeated practice @ home will definitely pay's off...

Thanks.
12th April 2011, 12:04 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,

Thanks.
12th April 2011, 02:03 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuber choudhary View Post
i am in 10th std after 12th i want to do iitjee so give me some tips about iitjee
To crack IIT JEE exam, you need lots of practice and hard work, only then you will be able to scored good marks in IIT JEE Examination.

IIT JEE Exam paper are come from Physics, Chemistry And from Mathametics.

So, if you really intrested to crack this exam, then firstly prepare yourself mentally and dedicated your efforts for this exam atleast 1 to 2 year.

Please try to clear your basics first, just study from the NCERT books. Try to complete your NCERT Syllabus first because question are come from 11th and 12th NCERT Books. So, please read carefully from the ncert book, only then you will be able to crack this exam.

Recommended Books For IIT JEE Examination -

NCERT BOOKS

IIT-Maths-by M.L.Khanna

Objective Mathematics- by R.D.Sharma

Concept of Physics-by H.C.Verma

Maths books by K.C.Sinha

And After completing the syllabus, please solve more previous year paper, so that your confidence level will increase and you will be able to attempt maximum question in exam. So, please dont worry, just work hard, study daily, then definitely you will get sucess in your IIT JEE Examination.
12th April 2011, 04:04 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

These are some tips for IIT JEE which help you to qualify the exam.

• It is always a good idea to start preparing for IIT-JEE at the very beginning of 11th standard. This helps save time and moreover relates a lot of stuff to the already existing material for board’s study.
• Never follow or go for coaching’s just because one of your friends is doing so and you need to.
• There is no shortcut to success.
• Do not miss a portion of the syllabus.
• If you have started your preparation late then it is always a good idea to cover minimum 80% of the total course and be thorough with it instead of trying of to study the entire curriculum.
• Incorporate difficult topics if you already have a sound understanding of them.
• Make sure that you use the right reference and study material as it can make a tremendous difference to your scores. It is recommended to study from the books which contain numerous solved questions. Focus on the method of solving the problems.
• Be very sure of your concepts, if not spend days to solve a problem but work out a reason for it.
• Spend the initial few months in revising the basic concepts learnt in standard 9th and 10th basic books and NCERT fundamentals.
• Ensure that you study concepts like algebra, mechanics extensively as they high scoring and form the basis of several other topics
• At the time of examination start solving the questions as soon as you receive the paper. Do not scan the paper and mark the questions you simply waste time. But do not devote excess time with a question if you are not able to solve it.
• Maintain your confidence level at time of exam.

Books:-

1.Mathematics For IIT-JEE 2011-12: Trigonometry By Ghanshyam Tewani
2.Mathematics For IIT-JEE 2011-12: Algebra By Ghanshyam Tewani
3.PHYSICS For IIT-JEE 2011-12 : Optics & Modern Physics
By B. M. Sharma
The Pearson Guide To Inorganic Chemistry For The IIT JEE
By Atul Singhal4.
12th April 2011, 05:49 PM
kanchanyadav
Senior Member+

To crack IIT JEE exam, you have to work hard and you have to give your 100% efforts.

IIT JEE Exam paper includes questions from
1. Physics,
2. Chemistry And
3. Mathematics.

Try to make your cocept clear in these above subject.

Books For IIT-JEE preparation -

1. NCERT BOOKS

2.IIT-Maths-by M.L.Khanna

3.Concept of Physics- H.C.Verma , Arihant

4. Concept of Physics- Arihant

Try to practice as many model papers as you can and solve last 10 years IIT-JEE papers.

These all steps will help you in your preparation.

All the Best....
12th April 2011, 05:56 PM
aksavjeet
Member+

IIT JEE is really a very hard nut to crack. There are very large number of Engineering Aspirants out there, So its not easy to get a good rank even in other engineering exams.
You have to be very dedicated to crack these. And the thing is that its not books that matter, ncert is Best for engineering exams. Just make your basics right for IIT, and always be positive. Have a positive attitude for this.

And after making your basics right, go for previous year papers first and then for objective books.

All the best!!!
12th April 2011, 11:13 PM
babydoll

Hello friend,
For the preparation for the IITJEE you must have to follow a particular routine. You must have to study regularly about 8 to 10 hrs. You can take coaching from reputed institutes like FITJEE, PATHFINDER, NIIT, AKASH institutes etc. They provides you the mock test which are really helpful for you. They also provides the crash courses which are reshape the preparation.
The main thing is that you have to clear your concepts as IIT paper has only conceptual questions.
You can follow your text books as well as some good reference books as I.E.Irodove for physics, O.P.Aggarwal for chemistry and M.L.Khanna for maths.
So prepare very well if you are really wants to crack the exams.
good luck!!!!
27th April 2011, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

how to utilize the summer vacations of 12th class properly ? I didnt study for JEE in 11th at all ! iam getting a lot worried and tensed ....can i make it ?? please help ..how many hrs to study ?
1st May 2011, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

hello seniors. i am in 12th. if i haven't join any recognised coaching for iit.& i have scored 82% in 12th wuth my labour only. so can i be able to crack iit.
guide me
16th July 2011, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

hai,
my daughter is studying in narayana, but she is unable to solve the problems,wil u plz suggest how to overcome this problem
21st July 2011, 12:21 AM
boisterioussid

Smile Re: Tips to prepare for IIT JEE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuber choudhary View Post

TIPS FOR CRACKING IIT-JEE

firstly,the good thing is that you have not wasted you r precious time of 11th and 12th yet..so...here are the keypoints:

(a)firstly,look out for a DECENT INSTITUTE for your preparation...it is necessary to join one...try out FIITJEE or AKASH or RESONANCE etc.

(b)now,start from N.C.E.R.T in all the three subjects and then gradually improve your level...by completing higher level books...the list of books will be provided by me under..

(c)STAY FOCUSED..IITJEE is not a simple game of cards...you need to be focused right from the beginning till the end...also....don't do a mistake of becoming a book worm...live your life fully but do devote ample time for your preparation and concentrate while studying else you will just be wasting your time..

(d)NEVER UNDERESTIMATE YOURSELF....IITJEE is not impossible...off course there are people who are god gifted..but they are rare...you should never underestimate yourself and whenever you feel low...just go to your teachers for some motivation...

BOOKS FOR IIT-JEE

PHYSICS

H.C.VERMA-PART 1 & 2.
I.E.IRODOV.
CHEMISTRY

ORGANIC:
SOLOMONS AND FRYHLE OR MORRISON AND BOYD.
O.P.TONDON.
CHEMISTRY M.C.Q.

INORGANIC:
O.P.TONDON.
J.D.LEE.

PHYSICAL:
O.P.TONDON OR O.P.AGARWAL.

MATHS

A.DAS GUPTA(subjective) OR M.L.KHANNA.
MATHS M.C.Q.

P.S.:N.C.E.R.T. AND PREVIOUS YEAR PAPERS SHOULD BE STRICTLY FOLLOWED.

BEST OF LUCK!
13th February 2012, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hai,
my daughter is studying in narayana, but she is unable to solve the problems,wil u plz suggest how to overcome this problem
everyone is not going to be an iitian.. your daughter must devote more time towards problem solving without getting distracted, and also look out for alternatives, because iit is not wriiten in everyone's fate.. i'm not saying she wont clear, but its always good to keep yourself with some alternatives, rather than aiming at the stars with ladders in hand!
all the best to your daughter!
24th July 2012, 05:28 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

IIT-JEE is a top level engineering entrance exam in India.
Top-class brains are selected in this exam.
Selection Ratio of this exam is 50:1. That means only 1 student gets selected out of every 50 students. A candidate must follow these things, if he/she is preparing for IIT-JEE.

• 8-10 hours study is must for student.
  • Coaching is also must, because without coaching cracking this exam is nearly impossible.
  • Refer some good books. NCERT Textbooks of Class 11 and 12 are must for a student.
  • Reference books like TMH Publications, Arihant Publications, etc. would be very beneficial to the candidate if he/she goes through them thoroughly.
24th July 2012, 07:35 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hiii....!!!!

-->you can' do engineering directly,first you should have pass your +2 class with PCM subjects.

-->then you have to give the entrance exams like AIEEE,CET etc.

-->then based on the rank you will get the admission .

-->other info. is given as follows:-

-->if you are currently studying in CBSE board then no need to change the board.

-->because IIT and JEE's syllabus is totally based upon the CBSE/ICSE board.

-->so,go through NCERT books carefully,you will get the success definitely.

---->fee structure for IIT-JEE colleges is given as follows:-

*during counselling IIT 's fee structure is rs 1500-2500.

*during every semester fee structure is rs.25000-35000 excluding hostel and mess charges.

*if you want to stay in hostel then you have to pay different charges for hostel etc.

*for more information you can visit the official website:
www.entrance.icbse.com

so the tips sre just work hard and go through the syllabus carefully and you can also take the coaching from some nearby institute to achieve good marks.

all the best...go ahead!!!
24th July 2012, 08:41 PM
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,

Its Good to hear that your daughter is Preparing For IIT-JEE

Coming to your Problem, Before admitting your Daughter to Narayana Group of Institutions, You should have wisely chosen the Branch among the "Selected Good Branches" of Narayana, Because NOT all Branches of Narayana Yield Good Results!

Its my Personal Experience Sir

I advice you to Immediately shift her to a better branch (Like narayanaguda branch or main Branch) IF its not too LATE! :/

Since, The Narayana Material is One and the Same throughout the Narayana Branches, You can't help it but Blame either your own Daughter (For not showing Keen Interest or Lack of Concentration, NO OFFENCE!) OR the Current Branch Faculty (For not Teaching Properly or Clearing Concepts)

I suggest you to join your daughter to some "Good Tuitions" if its not too hectic for her!!!

Please Remember Sir, That IIT-JEE is all About How Clear you are with the Basics and the Concepts!!!

So better take some Action Fast "Before its too Late"

My Personal Suggestion: Please DO NOT go Long-Term(Dropping an Year) after 12th UNLESS and UNTIL she's Confident of Cracking IIT-JEE!!!

Hope this Helps you to conclude to a Valid and a better Decision!

Regards,

Nik!
25th July 2012, 01:24 AM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
if you are interested in IIT JEE
Then you should go through these sample papers and books below

LIST OF BOOKS :

SAMPLE PAPERS :
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IIT Jee_1.pdf(61.6 KB, 114 views)
File Type: pdf IIT Jee_2.pdf(61.6 KB, 147 views)
File Type: pdf IIT Jee_3.pdf(61.6 KB, 114 views)
File Type: pdf IIT Jee_4.pdf(148.2 KB, 73 views)
File Type: pdf IIT Jee_5.pdf(61.7 KB, 93 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?