11th January 2018, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

What is Astrobiology? What are the requirement to do this?

I'm Ayush, I'm in class 11 and have taken Biology. Now I got to know about Astrobiology. What it is about? Can I do it?

12th January 2018, 09:51 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is Astrobiology? What are the requirement to do this?

Astrobiology as you know is all about understanding the origin, evolution, distribution and future of life in the universe. The origin of life is still one of the biggest mysteries of Science and probably would require help from every discipline to crack this murder mystery. As far as the courses and degrees are concerned unfortunately there exists non in India. But still you can go for diploma in astrobiology.
13th January 2018, 10:05 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is Astrobiology? What are the requirement to do this?

In simple words, Astrobiology is the study of origin, evolution and distribution of future of life in the universe. The astrobiologists make use of physics, chemistry, biology, molecular biology, ecology, planetary science, geography and geology to discover and investigate the possibilities of life on other planets.

In India there is no college which is offering Astrobiology course, so you have to go abroad to pursue degree course in astrobiology.

My advice is Complete your 12th first and then go for any Bachelors of Science degree, however, it will be better if you take the subject related to biology in your graduation. Then you can go for Postgraduate degree in Astrobiology from foreign Universities after passing the GRE Exam or TOEFL.

After completing your Postgraduates you can go for research in the Field from any University or under the NASA fellowship programme.

In India you can go for the diploma courses from the Indian Astrobiology Research centre after completing your degree.

Nasa Official Website for Astrobiology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?