7th February 2012, 11:40 PM
Ranjan Tiwary

What are the available scopes for an electrical engineer after completion of degree?

I am an engineering student of 4th sem of electrical engineering and i want to know that what are the scopes for me in the future and how could i make my future brighter.please help me

19th April 2012, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What are the available scopes for an electrical engineer after completion of degree?

What is syllabus for mahadiscom exam?
24th July 2012, 09:40 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What are the available scopes for an electrical engineer after completion of degree?

What are the scopes of an electrical engineer?
24th July 2012, 01:26 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Tiwary View Post
I am an engineering student of 4th sem of electrical engineering and i want to know that what are the scopes for me in the future and how could i make my future brighter.please help me
Please do not worry, your future as the Electrical Engineer would be very bright as there will be plenty of jobs option in front of you both in government and private sector. You won't even require to pursue post graduate course and yet manage to get a decent job which would pay well.

What you can do to brighten up your future is to ensure that you secure at least 60 percent marks in the B.Tech course. Because most companies only hire candidates who have at least 60 percent marks in the B.Tech. If you ensure that there would be bucket full of jobs for you to choose from.

As you near the completion of B.Tech course make sure to start preparing for the GATE exam even if you do not intend to pursue post graduate course. A good GATE score would be very beneficial for you. How? I am going to mention that below.

In private sector, IT industry is a great option for you to get a decent job. As a B.Tech graduate in Electrical Engineering you can apply for jobs in companies like:

Microsoft

Intel

Infosys

Dell

Intel

HP

Wipro

These are some very big names in the IT industry. It would be great if you manage to get job in any of these companies. You will have to go through a interview which would determine your fate in these companies. Please remember that your 10th, 12th and B.Tech scores would be important to get job in IT industry.

PSU

In goverment area, Public Sector Undertakings is the first and most preferred option for the Engineering graduates. There would be jobs in plenty of PSU companies for Electrical Engineer like:

ISRO

BEL

GAIL

DRDO

ONGC

NTPC

BHEL

The eligibility to apply for job in PSU is B.Tech degree with at least 60 percent marks.

Age limit of 21 to 30 years however in case of SC/ST candidate the limit would be 35 while for OBC it would be 33.

Now comes the GATE exam. I asked you to appear in the GATE exam specifically for the PSU job. Most Public Sector Undertakings give huge importance to the GATE score of applicant. Those with good GATE score are given direct job without having to give written test.

The other options for you include IES exam for job in various government sectors including Indian Railways. You can apply for the exam with B.Tech degree. Age limit is as same as for the PSU job.

The other options are:

Indian Army

RTO

IAS

IPS

Indian Railways

BSNL via JTO exam etc.
24th July 2012, 02:00 PM
EDEPHIC
Senior Member+

What you can do to brighten up your future is to ensure that you secure at least 60 percent marks in the B.Tech course. Because most companies only hire candidates who have at least 60 percent marks in the B.Tech. If you ensure that there would be bucket full of jobs for you to choose from.

As you near the completion of B.Tech course make sure to start preparing for the GATE exam even if you do not intend to pursue post graduate course. A good GATE score would be very beneficial for you. How? I am going to mention that below.

In private sector, IT industry is a great option for you to get a decent job. As a B.Tech graduate in Electrical Engineering you can apply for jobs in companies like:

Microsoft

Intel

Infosys

Dell

Intel

HP

Wipro

These are some very big names in the IT industry. It would be great if you manage to get job in any of these companies. You will have to go through a interview which would determine your fate in these companies. Please remember that your 10th, 12th and B.Tech scores would be important to get job in IT industry.
24th July 2012, 02:57 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Electrical Engineers are needed in all manufacturing units, All major companies of public and private sector such as Electricity Boards, Large Scale Industries, Manufacturing Plants, Power Corporations, Hydro-Electricity sector are continuously in need of Electrical Engineers for their projects. Electrical Engineers also find job prospects in Design Industries, Production plants, Natural gas plants, Petroleum as well as in steel and chemical plants.

Many premier Educational and Research Institutions regularly intake electrical engineers as graduate Engineer trainees and Management Trainees to work on research projects.

Electrical Engineers can also get a job in Major players in Public Sector such as Indian Railways, Armed forces(Technical Branch) and also in Thermal and Nuclear power Corporation Limited.

Electrical Engineers usually get handsome salaries after some experience in related fields. Starters can get anywhere between Rs. 15,000/- to Rs.30,000/- per month.

There would be jobs in plenty of PSU companies for Electrical Engineer like:

ISRO
BHEL
GAIL
DRDO
ONGC
NTPC
BHEL
24th July 2012, 03:45 PM
EDEPHIC
Senior Member+

Please do not worry, your future as the Electrical Engineer would be very bright as there will be plenty of jobs option in front of you both in government and private sector. You won't even require to pursue post graduate course and yet manage to get a decent job which would pay well.

Microsoft

Intel

Infosys

Dell

Intel

HP

Wipro

PSU

In goverment area, Public Sector Undertakings is the first and most preferred option for the Engineering graduates. There would be jobs in plenty of PSU companies for Electrical Engineer like:

ISRO

BEL

GAIL

DRDO

ONGC

NTPC

BHEL

The eligibility to apply for job in PSU is B.Tech degree with at least 60 percent marks.

Age limit of 21 to 30 years however in case of SC/ST candidate the limit would be 35 while for OBC it would be 33.

Now comes the GATE exam. I asked you to appear in the GATE exam specifically for the PSU job. Most Public Sector Undertakings give huge importance to the GATE score of applicant. Those with good GATE score are given direct job without having to give written test.

The other options for you include IES exam for job in various government sectors including Indian Railways. You can apply for the exam with B.Tech degree. Age limit is as same as for the PSU job.

The other options are:

Indian Army

RTO

IAS

IPS

Indian Railways
16th July 2013, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

what is the scope of diploma in electrical engneer in psu?
29th June 2014, 01:59 AM
Unregistered

Sir/Madam,

I am a female candidate, got 78% in BE (Electrical) and preparing for GATE. Looking at my degree percentage is there any chance of getting good rank in GATE/IES? and Are there any better opportunities for women candidates in electrical field?

Maggie
12th March 2015, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir/madam,
I completed my B-Tech in 2014, I'm interested to work in electrical field. Which course has scope. Please suggest me the course which has good scope not only in India, aboard also.
And also suggest the private sector companies??
Courses like electric system design, HVDC design and crafting, PLC, scada, ECAD, Matlab, AutoCAD, HMI, latest application of solar panels, panel board designing, electrical transient analysis, switching systems, VLSI,embedded systems, power systems maintenance, device net- software configuration, device net-sytem installation......
Regards,
Hemanth
91 8686674581
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?