6th March 2013, 08:06 PM
zayakhan4

What is the best MBA program to opt for? I have 1 year experience in IT firm

Hi,

I have an year experience in an IT firm. My domain is Financial Services, Security and Banking.
Which would be the best MBA program to opt for???

Please help!

Related Questions:
  1. Which branch in MBA program should I opt for? I am a B.E graduate
  2. Is it possible to gain experience in civil engineering firm for 2 to 3 years
  3. What should I do after doing B.Tech Biotech? Best fields in Biotech branch for jobs?
  4. How to get admission in London Business School?
  5. Can I do BCA along with SAP and then opt for MBA IT?
  6. How to enroll for full time 1 year campus based HRM certification program in Atlanta USA? I am a MBA HR student with 1 year experience
  7. Should I opt for MBA in IT or MBA in operations? Syllabus of MBA(IT)?
  8. Minimum GMAT Score required to qualify? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Should I opt for MBA or Masters in Engineering as per my bachelor degrees? Future prospects? -- [New]
  10. Executive MBA program from IIM Calcutta for software engineers having two and a half years of experience
  11. Is it necessary to have some experience to join a company after LLB? What are the several ways to make entry into a company other than with experience? Any courses to join a company without experience? Is the corporate law course beneficial?
  12. After my Electronics and Communication should I opt for MBA or M.Tech?
  13. List of good colleges which provide MBA program through correspondence? I am in final year of my B.Tech(IT)?
  14. What is the value of MBA CPOP Program?
  15. How to get Stanford University UG degree from India?
  16. What should I opt between MBA and job if completed B.Tech(IT)?
  17. Should I choose Executive MBA or Regular MBA?
  18. Should I choose MBA in IT or MBA in operations after doing BSc IT? Syllabus of MBA(IT)? -- [Most Discussed]
15th February 2016, 11:47 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What is the best MBA program to opt for? I have 1 year experience in IT firm

MBA is one of the best post graduation programs that one can think of doing. It is one of the most valued as well. Thus, its a good thing if you are planning to take up MBA after one year of experience.

MBA - Masters in Business Administration is also offered as PGDM - Post graduate diploma in administration. It is considered equivalent to MBA and is of 2 years duration.

As you have mentioned that you are already experienced in Financial Services Company, I would prefer that you go with MBA/PGDM in Finance. It would be best as it would compliment your experience as well as help you relate to the knowledge that you have gained through experience.

Moving further, if you wish to know about the other branches of studies that are available with MBA, they are: HR, Marketing, Information Systems, Operations etc.

All these hold good and appropriate values in the various levels of company operations, but it is best left to you that whatever field interests you the most you should go for that one. Going by logic, since you have already spent a year and more for working for a financial services firm, it would be great if you take up MBA in Finance and get the best of knowledge.

To enroll for MBA, please sit for the following Entrances: CAT, MAT, XAT, IIFT, CMAT, NMAT, XAT, etc. These are the gateways to the top MBA colleges in India such as the IIMs, IITs, XLRI, FMS, XLRI, NMIMS, etc. If you are able to fetch a seat for yourself in any of these colleges, you would have a very good life and career ahead.

Thus, try hard study hard and take up Finance in IIM Calcutta if possible as it is considered the best Finance MBA College in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?