1st January 2011, 07:52 PM
nitika sindhu

What is better after MSc Chemistry : M.Tech or Ph.D?

i just want to ask you that what is better to do after msc chemistry, M.tech or PHD

2nd January 2011, 12:05 AM
rimiChoudhury

Default Re: What is better after MSc Chemistry : M.Tech or Ph.D?

Hi....see it depends upon you ambition.If you want to go for research field and if you are interested in scientist post in any research institute or if you like to go for teaching option you must opt for Phd.For Phd,you have to clear NET examination.
If you are interested in corporate field then you can opt for M.tech.For this,you have to pass the GATE examination.(you can join any Phd program also by this).
best luck!!
2nd January 2011, 12:19 AM
saswata06

I think it is better to do Ph.D than M.Tech as u have more scope in research area.
2nd January 2011, 12:28 AM
yajvendra

Dear friend
As i know its depend on your interest if you want to do further study then you can apply for M.Tech and if you are interested in research work then you can do Ph.D after MSc.
but i think Ph.D is batter then M.Tech because M.Tech and MSc both are masters degree.
and you can get more job scope after Ph.D.
good luck......
2nd January 2011, 04:14 PM
sonu1234

after MSc in chemistry , its is better to do phd.because if u do M.Tech than again you have to do phd. so why you are wasting 2 year just go for phd. and a good career waiting for you.

best of luck
2nd January 2011, 06:00 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

After completing your m.sc programme with chemistry you are able to face the csir-jrf exam which is the best option of your carrer.If you completed this exam & get good score then you will be able for join the any college as a lectutare.
after completing m.scm.tech is not good b/zboth are master degree programme,so phd is the best option you can join phd programme with good scholarship from frogein.for detail information about phd programme please go on this link-
www.chemseer.com/chemistryjobs/vacancies.shtml
www.chem.cmu.edu/grad/prosp/phd.html
gradschool.about.com/od/chemistryprograms/Chemistry_Phd_programs_in_the_US.htm
21st February 2011, 07:20 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

better after MSc Chemistry : M.Tech or Ph.D
after MSc in chemistry , its is better to do phd.because if u do M.Tech than again you have to do phd. After completing your m.sc programme with chemistry you are able to face the csir-jrf exam which is the best option of your carrer.If you completed this exam & get good score then you will be able for join the any college as a lectutare.
after completing m.sc.tech is not good b/z both are master degree programme,so phd is the best option you can join phd programme with good scholarship from frogein.
If you are interested in corporate field then you can opt for M.tech.For this,you have to pass the GATE examination
for detail information about phd programme go on this link-

good luck
4th April 2011, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

i have just completed my m.sc and i want to know from where i should prepare for net exam. rite now i m doing b.ed
6th April 2011, 02:42 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

After the completion of your M.Sc in Chemistry, I would suggest you to go for P.hd rather than M.Tech.

Why because both M.Tech and M.Sc will be treated as post graduation degrees.

Already you have done one post graduation degree as M.Sc in chemistry.

So go for P.hd which will fetch you good number of opportunities.

Incase even if you opt for M.Tech also, later you might be willing to go for P.hd.

In that situation you feel that you have spent two years of valuable degree for M.Tech.
6th April 2011, 04:46 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

after completion of M.Sc i think it's better to go for P.hd.

because M.Sc is master degree course and also M.Tech is master degree course. till student prefer M.Tech course because of company give preference to the M.Tech in chemistry student than M.Sc in chemistry.

but if you go for further study like p.hd then it does not matter your previous degree M.Sc or M.Tech. your knowledge will be also more as well as opportunity. after P.hd you may also do work in research field.

till if you want to do job in company only then you may go for M.Tech. but if you are an ambitious person and want to work in research field then go for P.hd. it's the best option for you.

best of luck.
6th April 2011, 05:21 PM
babydoll

Hello friend,
As you have masters degree in Chemistry then there is no need to go for another master degree as M.Tech. So i advise to go for Phd for research work in the field of Chemistry.
In phd degrees you have to submit your papers within the given time period. You have to invent something new which never been discovered earlier.
After this you can get good jobs in the field of education such as professor or reader etc...
thank you.
6th April 2011, 05:28 PM
krupadesai

Better after MSc Chemistry: M. Tech or PhD

M. Tech is a Master's programme while PhD is post-graduate programme. So, the value will be obviously more of a higher degree programme.

But, more precisely, if you wish to join an academic programme as lecturer in a college, strictly join PhD.

While in case if you want to join companies, even M. Tech with work experience is considered equivalent to PhD candidate. So, here you will good scopes with M. Tech too.

Depending on your flavor & type of job profile you find more interesting, you can choose for the option.
6th April 2011, 05:39 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,
After completing your m.sc programme with chemistry you are able to face the csir-jrf exam which is the best option of your carrer.If you completed this exam & get good score then you will be able for join the any college as a lectutare.
after completing m.scm.tech is not good b/zboth are master degree programme,so phd is the best option you can join phd programme with good scholarship from frogein.for detail information about phd programme please go on this link-
gradschool.about.com/od/chemistryprograms/Chemistry_Phd_programs_in_the_US.htm
Thanks
6th April 2011, 06:49 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Red face Re: What is better after MSc Chemistry : M.Tech or Ph.D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitika sindhu View Post
i just want to ask you that what is better to do after msc chemistry, M.tech or PHD
I will suggest you to go for phd after m.sc,because there are different types of opportunity than m.tech and also during your 5years phd you get a stipend,which would be helpful for your education...
6th April 2011, 06:56 PM
sarawgi.ankit

Location: District & session court Dindori disst. Dindori (MP)

hi
M.tech -it is for corporate field as well as teaching field. but it is also a master degree. before doing M.tech u have to fight GATE exam for getting best college.
And on the other way.
P.hd- it is for research field and after completion it , you will b Dr._______ . and you may go corporate field as well as research field.
Its depend on your interest.
And my suggestion is that you have to go for Phd because its have some benefit .
1 . you may go either corporate or research field (Scientist )
2. already you have master degree you will b increase your qualification as well as your name. I means your name will start with "Dr.___________"
etc etc
6th April 2011, 07:33 PM
abhi121

after completion of M.Sc i think it's better to go for P.hd.

because M.Sc is master degree course and also M.Tech is master degree course. till student prefer M.Tech course because of company give preference to the M.Tech in chemistry student than M.Sc in chemistry.

but if you go for further study like p.hd then it does not matter your previous degree M.Sc or M.Tech. your knowledge will be also more as well as opportunity. after P.hd you may also do work in research field.

till if you want to do job in company only then you may go for M.Tech. but if you are an ambitious person and want to work in research field then go for P.hd. it's the best option for you.

best of luck.

Read more here: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/what-better-after-msc-chemistry-m-tech-ph-d-66546.html#ixzz1IkQDTn9J
6th April 2011, 09:16 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Both of them are good.

But priority is for Ph.D.

Because we can go through any field...either into research or into teaching field....or any organisations...etc.

when comes with M.tech...its more over related to industrial jobs...if not teaching field where they asks for experience....not required if one chooses Ph.D.

so i hope Ph.D is the better option to choose.....
11th April 2011, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

importantcy of mtech in chemistry for job in company ???????
30th April 2011, 04:40 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Smile Re: What is better after MSc Chemistry : M.Tech or Ph.D?

I think firstly you should go for M.Tech and then you are eligible for applying Ph.D......
31st May 2011, 01:59 AM
mailmeshekhar2011

Hi dear,

After the completion of your M.Sc in Chemistry, I would suggest you to go for P.hd rather than M.Tech.

Why because both M.Tech and M.Sc will be treated as post graduation degrees.

Already you have done one post graduation degree as M.Sc in chemistry.

So go for P.hd which will fetch you good number of opportunities.

Incase even if you opt for M.Tech also, later you might be willing to go for P.hd.

In that situation you feel that you have spent two years of valuable degree for M.Tech.

Thanks
9th January 2012, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

a m intrested in corporate field then what will right m.tech or p.hd
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?