1st September 2011, 11:32 PM
SowmyaAnand18

What can I do after diploma in Astronomy? What are the options available? Is graduation must to do PG?

Hi,

If I do my diploma in astronomy what can I do after that. What are my options. Plz clear my doubt. Is graduation must to do PG?

Thanx

Sowmya

Related Questions:
  1. What are the various career options available in astronomy? List of the colleges along with their requirements for the same? Currently, I am in 10th class. What should I do for making career in astronomy?
  2. Can I study Astronomy in Graduation after completing 12th Science? List of colleges which offer Astronomy in Delhi?
  3. What should I study to become an Astronomer? Can I study astronomy after 12th science or is diploma a good option?
  4. Which post graduation course is best to pursue in Astronomy field? -- [New]
  5. Eligiblity criteria and universities offering Diploma in Astronomy Science with fee structure for BCA student?
  6. How can I study Astronomy in Graduation being a 12th Science candidate?
  7. What are the entrance exams I need to write to do post graduation in Astronomy?
  8. In which entrance exam I have to appear for admission in Astronomy UG program after completing Diploma in E&TC? Eligibility criteria and tips for preparation?
  9. Post graduation in Astronomy possible after Electronics & Telecommunication engineering?
  10. List of diploma courses after 10th? Details about diploma in Astronomy?
  11. Which are the entrance tests related to Astronomy or Astrophysics? Is there any online Astronomy class? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Which type of graduation is more appropriate for pursing higher studies in Astronomy?
  13. Possibility to get admission in Ph.D(Astronomy) programme for M.Sc(Astronomy) student? In which entrance exam I have to appear?
  14. Scholarships available for a candidate who has secured admission in PhD(Astronomy) course in UK?
  15. What should I do after B.E to go for astronomy field?
  16. Can I get admission for MSc in Astronomy in IISc Bangalore on the basis of BCS degree?
  17. PhD or Post graduation in Astronomy and Astrophysics is possible after B.Tech?
  18. Which courses to do after 9th so as to become an Astronaut?
16th August 2017, 01:06 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What can I do after diploma in Astronomy? What are the options available? Is graduation must to do PG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SowmyaAnand18 View Post
Hi,

If I do my diploma in astronomy what can I do after that. What are my options. Plz clear my doubt. Is graduation must to do PG?

Thanx

Sowmya

As you have done diploma in astronomy and want to go for further study in astronomy then you must have to go for bachelors in astronomy and It is necessary to do bachelors to apply for P.HD degree. Here below are courses where you can go after diploma:-

List of Bachelors Courses after Diploma:-

1). B.SC Astronomy:- Duration of course after diploma is 3 years.

2). B.SC Astrophysics:- Duration of bachelors course after diploma is 3 years.

3). B.Tech in Astronomy science Engineering:- Duration of Bachelors of engineering in astronomy science after diploma is 3 years.

Eligibility Required to apply for Bachelors Courses:- Minimum qualification required to apply for the bachelors course in astronomy is 10+2 or equivalent qualification(Diploma in astronomy) From government recognized institute in science stream with 55% marks.

Courses for Further Studied in Astronomy Science:-

:- M.SC Astronomy.

:- M.Tech Astronomy and Space Engineering.

:- P.Hd in Astronomy.

:- P.HD in Astrophysics.

:- P.Hd in atmospheric Science and Astrophysics.

Carrier Options in Astronomy Science:-

>> Astronomer.

>> Lecturer.

>> Astronaut.

>> Research Scientist.

Top Colleges in India Offer Astronomy Science Courses:-

1). Osmania University.(Hyderabad).

2). Institute of Space Science and Technology – IIST.(Thirruvanthapuram).

3). Indian Institute of Science.(Bangalore).

4). Tata Institute of Fundamental Research.(Mumbai).

5). Indian Institute of Astrophysics – IIAP.(Banglore).

5). Inter – University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics.(Pune).

6). Raman research Institute.(Banglore).
18th August 2017, 01:03 AM
starberry

Default Re: What can I do after diploma in Astronomy? What are the options available? Is graduation must to do PG?

Hello,

After doing diploma in astronomy, you can go for bachelor in astronomy. After completing graduation you can apply for Post Graduation. Graduation courses after Diploma are as follows-

> B.Tech in Astronomy science and Engineering
> B.Sc Astronomy
> B.Sc Astrophysics

Also, There is no possibility to directly go PG without doing graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?