7th April 2013, 12:18 PM
dipu123 kumar

What can I do to apply for MBA through CAT?

Sir
I am reading in BCA 2nd year. What can i apply for MBA through CAT in the year of 2014 and what percent is need to apply in any MBA college

20th May 2014, 03:57 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What can I do to apply for MBA through CAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipu123 kumar View Post
Sir
I am reading in BCA 2nd year. What can i apply for MBA through CAT in the year of 2014 and what percent is need to apply in any MBA college
CAT stands for Common Admission Test. This exam is popular exam all over the world. This exam is being conducted by IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) in order to give admission for MBA course in top B-Schools and IIMs.

CAT exam required 50% marks in graduation from recognized university from any discipline .For SC/ST candidate marks required is 45% .Final year of graduation degree are eligible for CAT Exam .You can attempts here unlimited times , there is no restriction for attempts in CAT Exam .

You are a student of BCA 2nd year so you are not eligible for CAT exam because CAT exam require 50% marks in graduation from recognized university from any discipline .

I have listed some college names with minimum CAT percentile marks-

Indian Institute of Management - IIM A - Ahmedabad- 99 %ile
Indian Institute of Management - Bangalore- 90 %ile
Xavier Labour Relations Institute - XLRI- 99 %ile
Indian Institute of Management - IIM-C- Calcutta- 95+ %ile
Indian Institute of Management (IIM-I) - Indore- 90 %ile
National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai- 98 %ile
Indian Institute of Management (IIMK) Kozhikode - Kerala- 75 %ile
Management Development Institute - Gurgaon- 97 %ile
Institute of Management Technology - Ghaziabad- 96 %ile
Bharathidasan Institute of Management- Tiruchirappalli- 95 %ile

So you have so many times for preparation for CAT exam . I have listed some valuable books names which are very helpful for you-

How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test 5th Edition
Author: Arun Sharma
Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill (2012)
Price: Rs. 430

How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT Common Admission Test 1st Edition
Author: Arun Sharma
Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill (2012)
Price: Rs. 314

Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test
Author: Rajesh Balasubramanian
Publisher: Access Publishing (2013)
Price: Rs. 385

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?