24th December 2012, 10:50 AM
manveer khaira

How to pursue CAT to apply for MBA IT

hello sir/madam I am the student of BCA 1 ..Earlier i had non-medical in my 12th......
i want to pursue CAT for applying in MBA IT in the best management college ........
can you tell me that which books i must refer for preparation CAT mathematics ............... ???

Related Questions:
  1. What is the age limit to join IIM's?
  2. Is there any MBA college where I can enroll for MBA course without writing entrance exam?
  3. ICET MBA or CAT MBA which one is better in all respect?
  4. Possibility to study MBA for a Diploma holder who has 4 years of work experience? -- [New]
  5. In which stream I should do MBA if completed M.Sc in Genetic Engineering? Am I eligible to appear in CAT if secured 46% in B.Sc?
  6. Suggestions regarding to join MBA being a candidate of Compute Science Engineering?
  7. What can I do to apply for MBA through CAT?
  8. What is the difference in CAT MBA and ICET MBA? What is the fee structure, scholarships and post MBA salary?
  9. Are there any MBA institutes where I can enroll myself for MBA?
  10. can i pursue full time mba by doing graduation from correspondence. -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Will any industry accept me after scoring a CGPA of 5?
  12. Do I need to study CA to take up MBA course after B.Com in English Hons? Can I apply for MBA entrance exams like CAT after B.Com?
  13. Any MBA institute where I can enroll myself for MBA course?
  14. When should I start preparing for CAT entrance exam?
  15. How to pursue MBA privately after securing 46% in B.A Economics? Where can I apply for 2 years degree course?
  16. Can I pursue MBA course being a candidate working as Software Engineer for 4 years? Is this a good approach of taking coaching for CAT Exam for 1 year to get admission for MBA in reputed college?
  17. Which course should I opt for my better future either MBA or CS? What's the procedure for registration for CAT as well as MAT, and how may I get the syllabus for CAT & MAT? I am a B.com Graduate by 56.33% marks fromJodhpur
  18. Which course is better between Regular MBA and Executive MBA?
20th March 2013, 11:38 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to pursue CAT to apply for MBA IT

You can apply for CAT after graduation or in final year of studies. Numerical ability, GK, Reasoning, etc forms the syllabus of the exam. Adequate preparation is necessary to clear the exam with good score. Preparation on numerical ability can be done using text books from publishers like S.Chand and R.S Agarwal. Previous year question papers can also be used for studies.
25th March 2013, 08:33 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to pursue CAT to apply for MBA IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveer khaira View Post
hello sir/madam I am the student of BCA 1 ..Earlier i had non-medical in my 12th......
i want to pursue CAT for applying in MBA IT in the best management college ........
can you tell me that which books i must refer for preparation CAT mathematics ............... ???
CAT exams are conducted by IIM each year

Next CAT exams would be held in October and November 2013
exams are held in online mode.

Eligibilty to apply for the CAT exams is:
Graduation pass in any stream with minimum 50% marks for General and OBC candidates and minimum 45% marks for the SC/ST candidates.
Final year Graduation students can also apply

CAT exams questions are asked from below sections:
Verbal Ability
Logical Reasoning
Quantitative Ability
Data Interpretation

Books for Preparations:
The Pearson Guide To Quantitative Aptitude And Data Interpretation For The CAT by Nishit K. Sinha

How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT Common Admission Testby Arun Sharma

Career Launcher online mock test pack
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?