17th June 2013, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

How to get admission for MBA and CAT exam?

i am supriya mengade my question is mba admission mba and my main question is cat exam. I am tybcom for this year2013 so when get regirstraion cat exam and date also given pleased. I need info

18th June 2013, 09:54 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get admission for MBA and CAT exam?

CAT - Common Admission Test, conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management) for admission to 2 years Post Graduate MBA(Master of Business Administration) in IIMs.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream with 50% marks(45% marks for SC/ST candidate) from a recognised University, can apply for admission to MBA course by cracking CAT entrance Test.

For more information you may log on to http://www.catiim.in
19th June 2013, 06:45 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: How to get admission for MBA and CAT exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am supriya mengade my question is mba admission mba and my main question is cat exam. I am tybcom for this year2013 so when get regirstraion cat exam and date also given pleased. I need info
Hi supriya

CAT through MBA is always a good option, let me guide you through the process for MBA through CAT. As you have just completed your graduation, now you are a fresh graduate.

And coming to CAT- It is an aptitude exam, conducted by any one of the IIMs through their rotational policy. Every year this exam is being conducted online in a particular window say for example 15 day window based upon applications received.

So, those who are appearing in CAT aims for IIMs, and should aim for that then only their attempt towards CAT will have meaning I want you here to note a point, you should also aim admission in IIMs.

Now, the main hurdles in front of you are :-
  1. Cracking CAT (It means getting 98+ %ile)
  2. Getting Calls from B schools (say in your case IIM A)
  3. Coverting call into admission based upon your peformance in GD + PI

For the first step, there are again two options in front of you,
  • one is joining in a coaching center (say TIME for instance).
  • Self preparation (Not recommended)

This exam is regarded as most toughest exam in India especially for MBA admissions. So doing self preparation is always a risky decision, it is ok if and only if you are very strong at your basics and can manage preparation on your own.

So, what are you waiting for? Go !! and start walking towards your goal.
Quote:
Every journey begins with small steps only
All the very best.

P.S :- I think there is no need to tell you that if you have any more doubts drop a query again here.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?